Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Mobile phone question (sort of)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:31 - 10 Apr 2011    Post subject: Mobile phone question (sort of) Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm advertising on gumtree an xbox 360 console for sale, some guy has texted me asking if I want to swap it for a blackberry 8520. I said I might be interested, but how do I know that it won't get blocked in a week or something, and he replys that it's a pay as you go phone and not a contract.

Now I've been on contract for like forever so I don't know if what he's saying means anything - I'd have thought as long as you have proof of owenership then you can block any mobile phone, regardless of whether its PAYG or contracted....?

Anyone help out here?

Cheers,

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:34 - 10 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did exactly the same, swapped a ps2 (6 years ago) for a top of the range nokia. Met the bloke in a car park and did the swap. Phone was blocked within the hour.

I wouldnt bother with it, risks are too high.
____________________
Quietly and consistently taking the piss.
TL1000R | Hayabusa | ZXR400 | TL1000S | Bandit 400 V
Fatter and faster than Fret
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:55 - 10 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats kind of what I predict occuring, and given their distance from me it's not like I'd even go to their house to do the deal, because at least then I could issue the caveat that if the milk turned out to be sour an all......

Ah well.

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dragstaar
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:01 - 10 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't do it. The 8520 is a shite phone anyway.

And yes, they'll just have it blocked. Most likely he's insured on it, he'll swap it for you XBox, then make a claim on his phone. The phone will be blocked, and he'll have his 8520 back.

cash, settle for nothing less
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bacon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:35 - 10 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

gumtree is notoriously full of scammers so ill second everyone else with the cash or fook off approach Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:51 - 10 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with the above here. With phones being so easy to block then whats to stop the dude blocking the phone. You'll have lost an xbox and a phone in one go.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 183 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.72 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 47.82 Kb