Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


ACU Gold Sticker For Helmets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

0l0dom0l0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:58 - 15 Apr 2011    Post subject: ACU Gold Sticker For Helmets Reply with quote

I've got an X Lite X602 which is fully ACU approved etc, but it doesn't have the gold sticker on. I'm doing my first track session on Tuesday.

Do they check, or will they know that it's ACU approved? Not really sure how it works.

Any help is much appreciated Karma
____________________
CBT Passed: 30/08/2009, Theory Passed: 31/08/2010, Mod 1 Passed: 6/9/2010, Mod 2 Passed: 13/09/2010. Restriction ended 13/09/2012.

Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:26 - 15 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy the stickers. Have a look on eBay.
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

0l0dom0l0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:32 - 15 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is enough time to get one off ebay now.

I'll check the box as there might be one in there.

Failing that I will take the one off my spare and re stick it.
____________________
CBT Passed: 30/08/2009, Theory Passed: 31/08/2010, Mod 1 Passed: 6/9/2010, Mod 2 Passed: 13/09/2010. Restriction ended 13/09/2012.

Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

0l0dom0l0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:55 - 15 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right I have ordered one.

I'm not hopeful it will get here on Monday though.

I can't peel them off either.

I'm going to check the box, and also go down to HG where I bought the helmet from to see if they have one spare.

Failing that, can I still take that helmet, or will I need to take a different one with the sticker on?

I don't know how fussy they are going to be. Can I take a print out from a web page saying it is ACU approved and that the helmet never had a sticker on it when I bought it?
____________________
CBT Passed: 30/08/2009, Theory Passed: 31/08/2010, Mod 1 Passed: 6/9/2010, Mod 2 Passed: 13/09/2010. Restriction ended 13/09/2012.

Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:05 - 15 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I wouldn't risk ruining my session by only having a non-compliant lid. Take the lid but take a compliant one too.
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:05 - 16 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a track day or an ACU test session for racing. if its a track day don't worry, they dont check.

OGR
____________________
2022 Tiger Sport 660 2019 Street Twin 2003 K3 gixxer 1000 1998 Srad 600 track hack
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:43 - 16 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above; many, many years since I've had my helmet checked at a trackday, so you'll be fine.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:59 - 17 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same thing from J&S (different lit mind) ... they simply got one posted to me ...

HG might keep some behind the counter, but I suspect it will be a post it to you job ... which is no real help to you ... give them a ring before dismissing the idea though Smile

I have never had my lid checked at a public trackday ... ever ...
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

0l0dom0l0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:25 - 17 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to pop over to them tomorrow and ask.

I have one on order from the internet, which was posted Saturday, so all going well it should get here tomorrow.

Will keep you all posted, thanks very much for all the help!
____________________
CBT Passed: 30/08/2009, Theory Passed: 31/08/2010, Mod 1 Passed: 6/9/2010, Mod 2 Passed: 13/09/2010. Restriction ended 13/09/2012.

Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 171 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.6 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 60.44 Kb