Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Trying to find a motocross meeting I went to years ago

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

burnsey85
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 09 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:58 - 09 May 2011    Post subject: Trying to find a motocross meeting I went to years ago Reply with quote

Hi I'm wonder if you could either help me find out the track I am looking for or point me in the direction I can find out what/where it is.

When I was a kid I used to go to alot of motocross meetings with my dad but one we ALWAYS used to go to was a weekend thing where alot of people camped and there was a fair (may have been a 3 day thing) I remember the track having about 5 (if not more) sheer drops only problem is I don't have a clue where it is in UK (obviously as a nipper I wouldnt really know where I was, being a strange place and all)

So was wondering if anyone could possibly tell me if they think they know what track it is or where I could possibly find out, I'm pretty sure it was a pro Motocross meeting and would have around 3000 spectators if not more attending. I would ask my Dad but unfortunately can't. I want to find out as I want to take my kids.

I know I don't really give alot of information but unfortunately this is all I can go with and google only goes so far ;-(

If anyone could help in anyway it would be appreciated

Thanks for reading and thanks for any help
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:46 - 10 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year would it be roughly - we don't know whether you were a kid in the 60's or the 90's? What time of year - summer holidays or xmas? Where did you live, and how long did it take to get there - all day, or under an hour?

Might help narrow it down a bit.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:38 - 10 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going by username that'd make the OP mid twenties, so schoolboy MX in the late 90s. Location is down as Southampton, so I'd guess south of the Midlands.

No idea other than that.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

burnsey85
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 09 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:32 - 10 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Gazdaman says that because of my username i am mid twenties, I think the last time that we went to the meting was around 1999-2000.

I was actually living in London at the time and to be honest wouldnt remember how long it took to get there/get back but would roughly say that I reckon no less than 2hrs, I would say it was spring/summer time but most of the time it would rain on these meetings (typical british weather eh)

It was also just adults racing no kids were involved and like I said
I am sorry that I don't have alot of information like I said I have tried to look online but havent been to a meeting since then so wouldnt have a clue where to find out

I would also say that I am pretty sure it was pro racers mainly so definitely a big meeting not just a sunday morning meet up and it was definitely an annual thing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:06 - 10 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

On mud rather than sand? Weston beach race ticks all boxes so far.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

burnsey85
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 09 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:34 - 10 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mud yeah, for some reason I have Swindon in my mind but don't know if there would be a big race meeting there or not especially the one I am thinking of
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

burnsey85
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 09 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:52 - 10 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it may have been Foxhills motocross in Swindon (have been told this by someone else who thinks it may be this track) does it ring any bells with anyone?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:54 - 10 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Familiar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIsgGLFW2jY&feature=fvst

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 153 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.38 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 56.53 Kb