Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


OMGWTFBBQ

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

L-Jam
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:16 - 27 May 2011    Post subject: OMGWTFBBQ Reply with quote

Following on from the insurance thread, a case of OMGWTFBBQ has arrived. SOME CRAZY SHIT IS GOING DOWN BCF!!!!


Doing some random quotes late at night for the banter, this is what happened. I am miffed and excited to the max.


Bike I originally wanted to insure

Arrow ZX636R Ninja £900

To renew my insurance with current bike

Arrow CBR600F £700, up £200 from last year

Bikes that were obviously going to be lower

Arrow Monster 620 S IE 618cc £327
Arrow Triumph Street Triple £282


And now this is where I said out loud "What the shit stain".

Arrow KTM Superduke 990cc £322!
Arrow GSXR 600cc k6 £947

Now this is where it really got ridiculous

Arrow GSXR 750cc k6 £307!
Arrow GSXR 750cc K5 £2000?

What the hell? Basically the insurance companies have decided not to insure people my age (19) with three years no claims on 600cc supersports, but WILL happily insure me on a 750? or a 990? For a third of the price?

WTF?

Also LOL! I am now on a new bike hunt, this has literally blown my mind, fuck a 636 if I can get a 750 gixxer! But not a K5? Lol WTF seriously...
____________________
Journalist, student, egotist.
Click here if you're a young biker, wondering what to do after a moped/125!
Skp 50 --> GS 500 --> CBR600F with custom HRC paint jobby --> GSX-R 750 K7, beautiful!


Last edited by L-Jam on 01:28 - 27 May 2011; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:27 - 27 May 2011    Post subject: Re: OMGWTFBBQ Reply with quote

L-Jam wrote:
Following on from the insurance thread, a case of OMGWTFBBQ has arrived. SOME CRAZY SHIT IS GOING DOWN BCF!!!!


Doing some random quotes late at night for the banter, this is what happened. I am miffed and excited to the max.


Bike I originally wanted to insure

Arrow ZX636R Ninja £900

To renew my insurance with current bike

Arrow CBR600F £700, up £200 from last year

Bikes that were obviously going to be lower

Arrow Monster 620 S IE 618cc £327
Arrow Triumph Street Triple £282


And now this is where I said out loud "What the shit stain".

Arrow KTM Superduke 990cc £322!
Arrow GSXR 600cc k6 £947

Now this is where it really got ridiculous

Arrow GSXR 750cc k6 £307!

What the hell? Basically the insurance companies have decided not to insure people my age (19) with three years no claims on 600cc supersports, but WILL happily insure me on a 750? or a 990? For a third of the price?

WTF?

Also LOL! I am now on a new bike hunt, this has literally blown my mind, fuck a 636 if I can get a 750 gixxer!

What you didnt know this? Thats why i got myself a 1000 when i was 20 to save on all the bullshit.
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

L-Jam
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:37 - 27 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to be honest I didn't think insurance prices were quite so sporadic... I hope the quotes don't disappear and suddenly jump though, This has got me buzzing!
____________________
Journalist, student, egotist.
Click here if you're a young biker, wondering what to do after a moped/125!
Skp 50 --> GS 500 --> CBR600F with custom HRC paint jobby --> GSX-R 750 K7, beautiful!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:39 - 27 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

L-Jam wrote:
I've got to be honest I didn't think insurance prices were quite so sporadic... I hope the quotes don't disappear and suddenly jump though, This has got me buzzing!

i'm 22 4 years no claims and my VTR1000F will cost me £160 this year TPFT. Thumbs Up Laughing
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kal9001
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:00 - 27 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive recently "lost" my CBR600RR after an accident. My fault sadly, but Rolling Eyes
I figure plastics are too much to repair so they wrote it off. I got more back from it then i could have sold it for which I guess is okay...ish. The thing ate fuel anyway!

But to the point...I tried getting quotes for the exact same bike (this was before I had been told it was a write off) with the accident declared as a fault claim, RTA involving another vehicle I put down a claim value of £20000 as a Confused ...figure as I have no idea about this kind of thing.

So fully comp valued at £5000 on the same 600 that I just smashed up with the accident reported and I put ZERO no claims as I didnt know I only lost 2 off what I have so I just put none.
Quoted with the same company for £480, The quote before the accident was £290...fair enough I was quite pleased that the accident didnt seem to have killed my quotes completely.

Looking at get a CBF125 as a commuter as its supposed to have nice MPG Very Happy value 2500, 2 years NCB, previous accident exactly same as before....fully comp....

You can see where this is going.....

£499......................

WTF!?!?!

So a bike with less than 1/4 the engine capacity, about 1/8th the power output, half the value, plus two extra years NCB costs £19 MORE to insure..........

Dont even get me started on a CBR125...1 horse more, value 900 more....quotes are in the 8-900 range!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!
____________________
Anyone stupid enough to think we will drag a load of wooden horses full of soldiers into our city is certanley stupid enough to drag all of ours into theirs!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:06 - 27 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you put OMGWTFBBQ I assumed it was about the BBQ happening in July Laughing

Like one I held last year.

Dissapointed.
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

heehaw
Nova Slayer



Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:25 - 27 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0l0t0v wrote:
When you put OMGWTFBBQ I assumed it was about the BBQ happening in July Laughing

Like one I held last year.

Dissapointed.


pmsl lol tfw imao
____________________
Its important, otherwise it wouldn't be there.

Retro Rider Bicycles: CB125TDC, CBR400RR, BSA Bantam.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ingah
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:54 - 27 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

KAL9000 wrote:
Amusing account of insurance quotes doing the usual

Heh, statistics eh? Laughing
____________________
-- Ingah
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RichieZX6R
Nearly there...



Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:22 - 27 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i changed from my CBR 600F to the dragstar (temp run around while i got the ninja sorted) bennetts wanted £50 extra to inusre it.. silly if you asked me as the CBR was valued at £2500-3000 ish and the dragstar insured for about £800 (i got it given from a friend).
____________________
Current: Kawazaki ZX6R 51
Past: Kawazaki ZX6R 96 - Honda CBR 600F4 05 - Dragstar 125 02 - Honda CB 400 SF 94 - Honda NSR 125 51 - Gilera Runner XV125 04
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chalky.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:30 - 27 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be because so many people jump straight on a 600 when they are legally able too, and they contantly get binned. Puts the likelyhood of the bike being crashed up, so cost more to insure. Funny old job, insurance.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Aikman666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:37 - 27 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pretty suprised at getting quoted £158 to insure my Hornet600 this year - Being 21 with only 1 years NCB. I would assume the insurance companies class my bike as a commuter - If they acctually saw it they would realise its far from it Laughing
____________________
Will work for petrol
My Design Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:39 - 27 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

TUG wrote:
L-Jam wrote:
I've got to be honest I didn't think insurance prices were quite so sporadic... I hope the quotes don't disappear and suddenly jump though, This has got me buzzing!

i'm 22 4 years no claims and my VTR1000F will cost me £160 this year TPFT. Thumbs Up Laughing


Same bike I was quoted 1k Laughing 19 with 1 NCB

With me a Monster 800ie was £500 TPFT and my S2R (exact same engine) was £870! Neutral
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:43 - 27 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe all the kids are smashing up sports 600s, but those buying 750 or expensive naked KTMs tend to take a bit more care?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dr. DaveJPS
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:37 - 27 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

plus a superduke has a lot less unobainuim plastic and thus even if you do bin it you'll do less (cost price) damage
____________________
"intelligent inattention is preferable to unintelligent tinkering"
www.davejps.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jimbothe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:33 - 27 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What you didnt know this? Thats why i got myself a 1000 when i was 20 to save on all the bullshit.


This.

It's actually not recent if you delve into it.
I'm 33 now and had a gpz1000rx when I was 20 as it was cheaper than half the smaller alternatives from 600 - 900cc

The gpz 600 was £45 dearer to insure over the thou. Confused
____________________
Check out our tackle shop on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/JklTackle
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:37 - 27 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0l0t0v wrote:
When you put OMGWTFBBQ I assumed it was about the BBQ happening in July Laughing

Like one I held last year.

Dissapointed.


I now think OMGWTFBBQ should only ever be used if there is meat/camping involved... Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

L-Jam
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:15 - 27 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right guys, new thread time Exclamation Laughing
____________________
Journalist, student, egotist.
Click here if you're a young biker, wondering what to do after a moped/125!
Skp 50 --> GS 500 --> CBR600F with custom HRC paint jobby --> GSX-R 750 K7, beautiful!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 138 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.45 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 100.88 Kb