Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


My SRAD 1st Bike.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Englewood
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:07 - 06 Jun 2011    Post subject: My SRAD 1st Bike. Reply with quote

My SRAD this is my 1st bike ever and i love it!.

S REG 1998

Cost me £1400 with 11600 miles on her now she has 11900 miles on her hehe.

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/englewood10/IMG_1153.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/englewood10/IMG_1152.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/englewood10/IMG_1151.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/englewood10/IMG_1150.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SirEdward
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:33 - 06 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! That tailcone. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I'd make shweet love to this bike. About to get my SRAD 2k today. Probably. Twisted Evil
____________________
"Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Pardot Kynes in "Appendix I: The Ecology of Dune""
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:29 - 07 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful. Needs a race can and a tinted screen.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MaybeGuy
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:18 - 07 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

seen off for that price.

either way, good bikes. mine taught me a lot, smashed my foot and spat my ex off the back at the traffic lights in a wheelie attempt.

they crash well

good times.
____________________
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

delvey91
Crazy Courier



Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:34 - 07 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks mint for the price enjoy Cool Thumbs Up
____________________
2016 Honda Africa Twin
2006 KTM 200 EXC
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Englewood
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:31 - 07 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen off for that price, what do you mean by that pal?.
I aint attempted a wheelie yet maybe another day lol, i just know its fast for a 1st bike.

But i really like it.

mattsprattuk wrote:
seen off for that price.

either way, good bikes. mine taught me a lot, smashed my foot and spat my ex off the back at the traffic lights in a wheelie attempt.

they crash well

good times.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Englewood
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:34 - 07 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazdaman wrote:
Beautiful. Needs a race can and a tinted screen.

Gaz


yup thats my plan, race can, screen, small number plate hehe!.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

potato
Crazy Courier



Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:28 - 07 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks fukin massive Laughing

Nice though Cool
____________________
OOOooosshh!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:03 - 07 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine bounced off a tree when it refused to turn. Oh memories... Laughing
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:33 - 07 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Identical to mine, tho not in bits, and doesn't appear to have any crash damage. Sweet. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Englewood
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:40 - 08 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

potato wrote:
It looks fukin massive Laughing

Nice though Cool


Yeah it's quite big pal, there are bigger bikes out there though!.

No damage just a few light scratchs to the decals where she fell on me the other day managed to save her alittle just a tap not a bang!.

I'm looking for a faring and she will be as good as new!.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bucky
Nova Slayer



Joined: 16 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:51 - 08 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks in excellent condition! Very nice! Thumbs Up

Glad its not just me who's got one for a 1st bike, had it just over a month Very Happy
Mind you mine's a 1999 one with double the mileage & very scuffed fairings. Had to bump start it at 5am leaving work on Monday too Sad
Hope I can get mine looking as good as yours!
Enjoy! Mr. Green
____________________
"You know, they say that, the wheel is the greatest invention ever. But I think it's probably the second wheel, because . . .
Have you ever seen a guy on a unicycle?..."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Englewood
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:46 - 09 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I had to get a new battery for the bike the 2nd day I bought it as the battery was the original went dead straight away, now it's fine!. It's in mint condition just need a replacement fairing on the RH cause the stickers are scratched and some paint work!.

I was very carefull at 1st on it but I feel more confident each time I go out for a ride great bike!.

eBay Is a good place for replacement parts!.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bucky
Nova Slayer



Joined: 16 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:05 - 11 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Englewood wrote:
Well I had to get a new battery for the bike the 2nd day I bought it as the battery was the original went dead straight away, now it's fine!. It's in mint condition just need a replacement fairing on the RH cause the stickers are scratched and some paint work!.

I was very carefull at 1st on it but I feel more confident each time I go out for a ride great bike!.

eBay Is a good place for replacement parts!.

Thumbs Up
It's been starting okay since. Out for a nice 40mile ride today. Not risking commuting till I've found the cause. How long have you had your srad?

Just over £400 for all the decals for the left & right fairings when I priced them up on RobinsonsFoundry, mental! It seems quite good for the small stuff. Exploded parts diagrams are great too! Might print them out to assist with deciphering the poor haynes manual pics Laughing

BikeStickers might be able to help with your stickers. I'm gonna drop them an email after I've been paid.
Or if their also too expensive too I'll play the waiting game for some nice fairings to turn up on eBay.

Just been out bid in the dying seconds for a pair of mint original rear indicators Evil or Very Mad
____________________
"You know, they say that, the wheel is the greatest invention ever. But I think it's probably the second wheel, because . . .
Have you ever seen a guy on a unicycle?..."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Englewood
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:05 - 12 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had my SRAD for 3 weeks now, she fell on me the 2nd day and scratched the stickers not too bad but needs sorting.

Ive done about 300/400 mile since having it, have to get use to her love it though.

Dam thats expensive!. I was out bided on ebay for the whole faring RH side in great condition the other day was just going to replace the fairing as its easier.

I had starting problems with mine but i bought a new battery and it sorted the problem as i had the original which was 13yrs old.

Thanks for the links ill see if i can get my stickers if not its the waiting game on ebay like yourself.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Englewood
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:10 - 17 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me with half of my gear on must get some boots and bottoms. Very Happy

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/englewood10/268300_230877430275501_100000597385622_888248_81376_n.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MaybeGuy
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:43 - 17 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

TUG wrote:
Mine bounced off a tree when it refused to turn. Oh memories... Laughing


yeah, entirely the bikes fault...
____________________
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:27 - 17 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:
TUG wrote:
Mine bounced off a tree when it refused to turn. Oh memories... Laughing


yeah, entirely the bikes fault...

Obvious troll is obvious. Laughing
Srads handle like crap and am not the first to say it. They are heavy and shit, my VTR was a much better bike.
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

evoboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:35 - 18 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

TUG wrote:

Srads handle like crap and am not the first to say it. They are heavy and shit, my VTR was a much better bike.


Really? I never found a problem with them once youd set the suspension up a bit. VTR is more wallowy IMO.

Nice bike sir!
____________________
Suzuki GT250 x7------- Fazer 600------CB250RS------Aprilia Rally 70----- Bandit 600

APT Motorcycles
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:08 - 18 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

evoboy wrote:
TUG wrote:

Srads handle like crap and am not the first to say it. They are heavy and shit, my VTR was a much better bike.


Really? I never found a problem with them once youd set the suspension up a bit. VTR is more wallowy IMO.

Nice bike sir!

Got both bikes with worn tyres, VTR wasn't running right so fixed it but even when running like crap it was plenty more comfy, I could ride it far faster than the SRAD, brakes where better than the SRAD and it never tried to go straight when trying to corner like the SRAD did on multiple occasions.

My SRAD was a low mileage minter which was a German import with 1 owner from new, HPI clear no sign of damage cos 2 of us spanner jockeys inspected it. So maybe its just crashed out clappers that turn into bends without fighting with what seems like a bull in comparison to my VTR, ZXR's, CBR's, R6's, R1's, FZR400's etc etc etc. Oh and to make it even better, I rode another SRAD after smashing mine and it tried the exact same thing.

So I must be missing something? Laughing

Maybe your supposed to ride SRADs like you stole them or something? Because I HAD to be careful on mine and eventually it caught me out. Laughing
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MaybeGuy
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:55 - 18 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you just couldn't ride it, then grabbed the brakes mid corner to make it stand up, probably on square tyres...
____________________
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alex A
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:00 - 18 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

TUG wrote:
So I must be missing something? Laughing


I reckon so.

Back in 2009 I had a 4000 mile 2005 model VTR1000F (suffice to say, it was pretty much as close to as new as it gets for a 'storm). I swapped it for a few weeks with a good friend who had a 30,000 mile 1996 SRAD 750.

And the SRAD handled wonderfully, especially in smooth, fast corners where the Firestorm would typically wallow on its budget suspension. It does require a different riding style as compared with the VTR, but I never experienced any understeer with the SRAD, and wouldn't expect that anyone else would. It was far more stable at high lean angles than the 'storm ever was.

Looking to pick up a tidy one myself actually as a second bike. Loved the engine on that thing.

Oh and, they're a good amount lighter than a VTR1000F. According to Bikez:

GSX-R750 SRAD: 179kg dry.
VTR1000F: 193kg dry.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:21 - 18 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the SRAD handles fantastically. Clearly it's not a modern sportsbike, but it'll easily give a modern 600 a run for its money in terms of handling.

They're down on power compared to new stuff, but I've always felt they tip in nicely and are very planted in the corners. Mine's still on its original suspension with no steering damper too.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:35 - 18 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know then, I've never had a problem with cornering on bikes other than my SRAD where I had to fight with it to make it turn in.

The tyres were worn yes, square? No as I would of been made to fit new tyres under terms and conditions agreed when purchased.

My SRAD nearly killed me, so understand why I hate the things, and like said, I rode one after recovery which gave me the same warnings.

So unless your absolutely ragging the bollocks off them to get them to turn in to corners or what? I certainly didn't do as I needed to A) keep my license and B) make sure I was given more confidence from the bike itself which it never did.

Hell if someone is willing to let me test ride their SRAD give me a shout, I'll have another go to see if I can "ride it propperly". Laughing
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:40 - 18 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would offer mine, but I don't want you to ride it into a ditch.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 88 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.14 Sec - Server Load: 1.07 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 135.33 Kb