|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Gazz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazz World Chat Champion
Joined: 19 May 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:22 - 13 Jun 2011 Post subject: I am a wee bit gutted. |
 |
|
Usually I dont come on public forums pouring my heart out but I am just back home from a job interview which I have sought after for a very long time and all the way on the way home all I could think about was how shit life can actually get - and also how so little, trivial and menial things can be blown out of proportion to fuck you up royally, for the rest of your life!
Went today and sat 3 theory tests for the job (Language, Maths and Problem Solving), all of which were difficult I must admit; I suppose they are meant to be difficult; but felt that they went well. I answered all questions, only got stuck at a few over the 3 papers and also had sufficient time to go back over the papers and put in a possible answer.
Anyway, after the tests were out the way, there was loads of talking and questions, etc, and then they hand out a form for criminal convictions, fines, arrests, etc.
At this point I raise my hand and he tells me to wait behind after everyone else has left.
*This was the information I had to tell him after everyone else had gone*
Last month, as I was leaving work I was reversing out of a car park space very slowly - nothing was around me when I started to reverse. However, a family (man, woman and child) walked out right behind my car pushing a trolley full of shopping. The guy shouted "Woe, woe, woe" so I stopped and didnt even hit his trolley.
I then manoeuvred my car fully out of the space and raised my hand to apologize for almost hitting his trolley, but as I go to drive away he shouts something at me. I do not remember what it was that he shouted but it was something aggressive/offensive. So I got out my car and get out and shout back at him. I cannot remember what I said either, but it was something along the lines of: "I never fuckin' seen you", etc...
I get back in the car, go to drive away, and again he shouts something to me. Again I get out of the car and start shouting at him for a couple of seconds then drive off home.
A week past and then I get a call from the police one morning asking me to come over to the station to speak with them. I go to them no problem; not worrying too much, but leave the station 10 mins later being charged with a breach of the peace AND a careless driving charge.
***
I havent had any letters through yet from them, and as a result I had to put on the form that there was charged brought; convictions pending.
And so the guy doing the tests today told me that my application would be automatically rejected if their were convictions pending on it.
So basically a wasted day going to do the tests in the first place.
Cant believe that something so petty (shouting at somebody) could lead to a criminal record, and fuck you up for the rest of your life.
Furthermore, slightly off topic, but will this conviction prevent me from visiting certain countries of the world? (As I really enjoy travelling) And this would just be another aspect in my life that has been fucked up all because I raised my voice to someone. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazz World Chat Champion
Joined: 19 May 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:27 - 13 Jun 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
P.S. - Feel free to post the 'Cool Story, Bro' image.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DrDonnyBrago |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DrDonnyBrago World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jan 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:39 - 13 Jun 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
No real knowledge as to your questions but I doubt a conviction for something so trivial would prevent you leaving the country. It also seems unlikely that they will get a conviction on something so sparse of evidence, is there CCTV?
Good luck on the job front though .
Last edited by DrDonnyBrago on 14:41 - 13 Jun 2011; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Imonster |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Imonster World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Oct 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WildGoose |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WildGoose White Van Man

Joined: 21 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:42 - 13 Jun 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Convictions pending, doesn't mean you are going to be convicted surely? Sounds like nonsense to me, he shouted at you, you shouted back. He is just as liable to breach of the peace. As for driving without due care, where is the evidence?
What have you admitted to?
If it looks likely, then get yourself a better brief. Can't see any court taking it seriously tbh.
Assuming for a minute that nothing comes of it, then it won't affect you in the long term, and getting fucked over with this job because of it was just a case of bad timing.
Which is a shit thing indeed, but it'll pass. ____________________ So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Raffles |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Raffles World Chat Champion
Joined: 14 Apr 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazz World Chat Champion
Joined: 19 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Im-a-Ridah |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Im-a-Ridah World Chat Champion
Joined: 20 Oct 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazz World Chat Champion
Joined: 19 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| oldpink |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 oldpink World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Aug 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:04 - 13 Jun 2011 Post subject: Re: I am a wee bit gutted. |
 |
|
| Gazz wrote: |
A week past and then I get a call from the police one morning asking me to come over to the station to speak with them. I go to them no problem; |
This is where you went wrong.
You should have told them to go fuck themselves, if they want you down the station they can come and arrest you. The fact that they didn't means they didn't take it seriously enough to bother sending out a car. They were probably amazed you showed up. And probably laughed about it afterwards. I have rarely, if ever, seen a situation where honesty was the best policy, trying to do the "right thing" ultimately results in the good guy getting fucked over for something insignificant, and it's the fallout that presents the problems as in your case.
There was no need to mention it at the interview, a CRB check is for previous convictions, it will take them months and months to even get this to court, it wouldn't have flagged up at all and by the time everythings sorted you'd have already been in the job for several months.
Lesson learned I suppose, you're not alone either, I'll be going for my dream job in about 6-12 months time, if I get it I'll feel like I've won the lottery, but there's the "Driving without licence and insurance" conviction and caution for possession of a class B substance to stick on the enhanced disclosure first. Both occurred 10+ years ago, but mud like that doesn't wash, and the British Law system feels that all employers should know about the petty insignificant shit I did when I was a fucking kid, sure they say it'll only matter if it's deemed relevant, but ask yourself whether any potential employer when choosing between 2 final candidates is gonna choose the one with a squeaky clean record or the one who had a £10 bag of weed on him when he was 17, which do you think they will choose?
This is why prisoners re-offend, aside from dead end donkey work for fuck all pay, any prospective employment is completely out of the question for them, so what alternative do they have?
Your entire career for the rest of your life, ruined because you wanted to set a plant on fire and inhale the smoke this one time. What a sick fucking joke.
GhostRider ____________________ I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| oldpink |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 oldpink World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Aug 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodgydog |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodgydog World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Sep 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:00 - 13 Jun 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Jesus H Christ. Are there really people still so fcuking dumb?  ____________________ "There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:03 - 13 Jun 2011 Post subject: Re: I am a wee bit gutted. |
 |
|
| GhostRider wrote: | | Gazz wrote: |
A week past and then I get a call from the police one morning asking me to come over to the station to speak with them. I go to them no problem; |
This is where you went wrong.
You should have told them to go fuck themselves, if they want you down the station they can come and arrest you. The fact that they didn't means they didn't take it seriously enough to bother sending out a car. They were probably amazed you showed up. And probably laughed about it afterwards. I have rarely, if ever, seen a situation where honesty was the best policy, trying to do the "right thing" ultimately results in the good guy getting fucked over for something insignificant, and it's the fallout that presents the problems as in your case.
There was no need to mention it at the interview, a CRB check is for previous convictions, it will take them months and months to even get this to court, it wouldn't have flagged up at all and by the time everythings sorted you'd have already been in the job for several months.
Lesson learned I suppose, you're not alone either, I'll be going for my dream job in about 6-12 months time, if I get it I'll feel like I've won the lottery, but there's the "Driving without licence and insurance" conviction and caution for possession of a class B substance to stick on the enhanced disclosure first. Both occurred 10+ years ago, but mud like that doesn't wash, and the British Law system feels that all employers should know about the petty insignificant shit I did when I was a fucking kid, sure they say it'll only matter if it's deemed relevant, but ask yourself whether any potential employer when choosing between 2 final candidates is gonna choose the one with a squeaky clean record or the one who had a £10 bag of weed on him when he was 17, which do you think they will choose?
This is why prisoners re-offend, aside from dead end donkey work for fuck all pay, any prospective employment is completely out of the question for them, so what alternative do they have?
Your entire career for the rest of your life, ruined because you wanted to set a plant on fire and inhale the smoke this one time. What a sick fucking joke.
GhostRider |
Lie, remorselessly. You wouldn't have got the job anyway, so what if you lose it later because they find out? Although people are being prosecuted now for lying.
Rehabilitated...yeah, when you can't ever get a decent (decent? Har har) job again. ____________________ "There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thegubner |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thegubner World Chat Champion
Joined: 25 Mar 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ariel Badger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ariel Badger Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 117 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|