Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


My bike accessory

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:36 - 14 Jun 2011    Post subject: My bike accessory Reply with quote

I’m asking some questions in here as i think I’ll receive a better response...
I’ve come up with an idea for a bike accessory. After a fair bit of research after the idea came to me, it looks as if they’re only two competitors, each with a very specific approach.

If anyone on this board knows a thing or two about small plastic components made to a specific design, please get in touch. I need some pointers on my design, what’s possible and what isn’t. Alternatively If you know somewhere I can ask, let me know.
I am qualified as a 3D CAD technician now so i can draw up anything i need to myself.
KTHXBI! Thumbs Up
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:45 - 14 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know nothing about plastics etc but I would be happy to test a prototype Thumbs Up .

So long as it isn't another chindildo thing, that I will not try.

If by any chance it is another version of the scottoiler crampbuster, I will show you how to make my "beautiful interpretation" using a hose clip, toothbrush handle, a blow torch and some araldite Mr. Green .
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:15 - 14 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll happily help scrape Donny off the road if it all goes wrong. I'm a trained first aider so might be of some use. Laughing Laughing Laughing
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:19 - 14 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s a very simple design, collectable and personalised if you’d like. No risks involved in testing! Laughing
You’d find it on the counter at the bike shop, a very handy thing to have too.
I think I’ll start out with an Ebay shop, if it goes ok then maybe I can expand on it.
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:10 - 14 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

patent?
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:30 - 14 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
It’s a very simple design, collectable and personalised if you’d like. No risks involved in testing!


So I'm out of a job before it even starts! Thanks guys. Crying or Very sad
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:37 - 14 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_Ham wrote:
patent?


Well if this isn’t a daft idea then i’ll need it.
So much to learn i guess, i’ve never done anything like this before.
I need to read the .gov website for patents really.
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:48 - 14 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get your patent done asap, you have piqued my interest and I need to know what it is!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:02 - 14 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonnyBrago wrote:
Get your patent done asap, you have piqued my interest and I need to know what it is!


I'm bored now since it doesnt involve the risk of injury to Donny and I'm out of a job.

Laughing
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:52 - 14 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonnyBrago wrote:
Get your patent done asap, you have piqued my interest and I need to know what it is!


Yes I’ll be doing this pronto as it hasn’t been done before and perhaps it will be as vague as possible so no one can copy. Laughing
Anyone know more on this subject of patents?
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaft
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Dec 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:25 - 14 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you make it too vague, you won't get it passed.

You say you have found two competitors that have taken a specific approach to the problem, this means you will have to take a specifically and significantly different approach, otherwise your patent could encroach on the other products.

To give yourself a quick bit of copyright, write down your idea, being as detailed as you can about it's design, construction and what your're trying to achieve, including diagrams, where possible; put the whole lot into a well sealed envelope and post it to yourself, keeping it sealed when you receive it.

It doesn't give you much protection, but the postmark may help you to prove you thought of it first, should an argument ensue at some future point.
____________________
Things get better with age; I'm close to being magnificent........
20 RE Interceptor, 83 Z1100A3, 83 GS650 Katana
WooHoo, I'm a Man Point Millionaire! https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=234035
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 119 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 1.26 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 73.68 Kb