Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Site that shows vehicle info when registration plate is type

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Fifteen15
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:14 - 05 Jul 2011    Post subject: Site that shows vehicle info when registration plate is type Reply with quote

A few weeks ago I was on this site, I typed in a cars registration plate and it spat up information about the car (make, model etc). However I can't for the life of me remember what the site was.

I want to know because there's this gorgeous R1/R6 type bike two doors down but I'm shit with bikes and I want to know what it is. When I see it, its always parked with its arse pointing me so all I see is the plate.

Thanks Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mad4it028
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:17 - 05 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty much any insurence comparison site will do that
____________________
always looking to buy bikes crashed ,unfinished projects,none runners pm me
currently riding kawasaki z1000 only bike ive ever loved
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fifteen15
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:29 - 05 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad4it028 wrote:
pretty much any insurence comparison site will do that

Ah ok thanks, didn't think of that!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

carvell
Scuttler



Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:50 - 05 Jul 2011    Post subject: Re: Site that shows vehicle info when registration plate is Reply with quote

ImNoSuperman wrote:
A few weeks ago I was on this site, I typed in a cars registration plate and it spat up information about the car (make, model etc). However I can't for the life of me remember what the site was.

https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

That's what you're after. Click "Vehicle Enquiry".
____________________
Yamaha TDM 850
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:14 - 05 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
https://www.askmid.com/

that shows if its insured

but it shows the make nd model aswell


Oh bugger. My bike isnt on there. Its insured though because I have the policy sitting at home. Reg number is correct etc.

Can see a phone call tomorrow to the insurance company.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

calyx
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:16 - 06 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The make and model details for your vehicle have not been supplied by your insurer but the vehicle registration number is showing as being insured on the MID.

This is what I get.
____________________
Boris - London
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:26 - 06 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called my insurance people. One letter wrong on the policy. Ooops! Got that sorted though.

How often does that happen? I've known it to happen several times.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

adamck
Crazy Courier



Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:36 - 06 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops still not updated the colour of my bike from silver to white... its been white for about 3 years now lol.
Will have to send off the logbook i guess, and :O my tax next year has gone up to £16!
____________________
<insert><something><useful>Here</useful></something></insert>
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellbound
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jan 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:45 - 06 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting as mine says the bike is red!

hmmmmm
____________________
May you always see the road rising up to meet you and your enemies defeated in the mirror behind.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 91 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.64 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 66.13 Kb