 TheGazz81 L Plate Warrior
Joined: 14 Aug 2011 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:46 - 14 Aug 2011 Post subject: New biker, Got Lifan LF125-14F, Nothing but trouble! HELP??? |
 |
|
Hi guys.. I'm a relatively new biker and I recently got hold of some money to buy a bike so with NO idea what I was letting myself in for I bought a Lifan LF125-14F and its been the absolute downfall of me!!
I've spent just about every penny I have on getting it road legal (after I was ROYALLY screwed over by the guy who sold me this dud!!) and now it would appear the carbs are dirty (this is what i've been told by a friend after telling him when its running it gets to about 4k rpm and just gargles at me and loses power and when its stationary and i turn the accelerator it just splutters out black smoke etc!)
I haven't got the first clue on motorbike mechanics and now have nothing left to spend of getting it fixed..
can anyone advise me on the best way to maybe get it running properly? |
|
 Mikey CB500 Scooby Slapper
Joined: 06 Aug 2011 Karma :  
|
|
 stirlinggaz World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Jul 2007 Karma :    
|
|
 Livefast123 Nearly there...
Joined: 15 Mar 2010 Karma :   
|
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:43 - 14 Aug 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Mikey CB500 wrote: | If its spitting out black smoke it sounds like its burning a exesive ammount of engine oil to me buddy |
Oil is blue smoke, water leak (it's apparently a water cooled unit, unlike most of the 156/157FMI bikes) is white, black is indeed fuel.
Is it black though? "black smoke etc". If there's an "etc" then tell us what it is. If there isn't, don't ramble on.
What Livefast said, do the easy stuff first. I've flipped the choke the wrong way on a Mikuni carb after telling dozens of people to check that very problem. Heck, take the air filter out and see how it runs.
If it's running excessively rich then it could be that the needle is way too high or has come loose in the slide, or even that the main jet has dropped out and is sitting in the float bowl.
Where are you based? There may be someone nearby who can help. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|