Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


New rider here, on a Romet ZetKA 125 in Spain....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

TheGimp
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:52 - 21 Aug 2011    Post subject: New rider here, on a Romet ZetKA 125 in Spain.... Reply with quote

... and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips, or has even heard of this bike. It's Polish, and so are all the guides, maintenance info, etc.

Oh, and Hi...
____________________
"We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded - maybe you should drive...."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pacman06
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 10 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:27 - 23 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.maguiresgarage.co.uk/cheap-scooters-motorcycles?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=76

Thats the only UK garage I can find that sells them, virtually everything google throws up is in Polish..

I saw a romet division on ebay a while ago, first time I have seen or heard of them, its a nice looking 125..

How much did you pay? (if you dont mind me asking?)

Seems like a decent little workhorse..

Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:10 - 23 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose you could ask at your nearest English Language college if there's a Polish student who'd translate the manuals for you for a few quid.
____________________
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa, hey-hey,
the men in white coats are coming to take me away.
Yamaha Vity -> YBR125 -> FZS600 Fazer -> FZ1-S Fazer
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheGimp
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:04 - 24 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a bad looking machine, and for someone who's entirely new to a motor with two wheels, surprisingly easy to get into. €1,700 new.
I will see if I can find anyone Polish in this area...
Can you recommend any decent basic guides for modern motorcycle maintenance? It's a 125 4T with electronic and kickstart ignition.
Cheers.
Karma
____________________
"We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded - maybe you should drive...."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 48 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.66 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 39.54 Kb