Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Battery problems

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

alan0259
Nova Slayer



Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:16 - 24 Aug 2011    Post subject: Battery problems Reply with quote

I have a 1998 CBR 600 F3 and I seem to have the same problem I had with my 2000 Hornet 600.

If I ever forget to start the bike with choke on and it fails to start, I turn ignition off, put choke on, try it again, but it never starts...

It's as though the failed attempt completely kills the battery.

When it's been running fine I have checked the battery with a multimeter on startup, idle, revs etc and all the readings have come out normal.

Even tried with the headlights off but it still fails to start, sounds good for a second then nothing!

Any ideas what it could be? Battery seems ok with the readings
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:27 - 24 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knackered battery I would guess.

The readings you have shows that the reg/rec is working fine and charging the battery when it should. It's just not holding the charge.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

alan0259
Nova Slayer



Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:46 - 24 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thinking about it, you're probably right!

I'll take the battery out this afternoon and I'll put it on a full charge, see how it goes then...

Cheers Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

alan0259
Nova Slayer



Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:46 - 24 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird, just went home at dinner, started 1st time no problems.

Just seems that when an attempt fails (due to user error i.e. forgetting choke, or not blipping throttle on cold start) is gives up for a short while
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:13 - 24 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a battery problem on my Hayabusa where it would start reasonably well and run for as long as I wanted, then if I stopped for a few minutes and tried again it wouldnt start. I would have to fire up the ignition, deactivate the immobiliser and wait for the needles to do their full scale thing and then wait about 10 seconds and it would then start.

New battery sorted that out completely!
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 43 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.05 Sec - Server Load: 0.71 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 42.32 Kb