|
|
| Author |
Message |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:12 - 02 Sep 2011 Post subject: Mod 1 queries |
 |
|
Hey
Flat mate is sitting his theory Tuesday and doing his modules asap after.
I did mine a while ago and its not really that fresh in my mind
Hes asked me a few questions
Do you need to indicate in mod 1 - video says act like you are on the road etc.
Do I have to wear boots
Do they do bike checks, such as horn and suspension questions
Do I have to go into neutral or can I leave it in gear with clutch in
Naturally, I should be able to answer But its been ages since I did mine...and I think i blagged my way through mod 1.
I did mine in trainers, but new laws fly in all the time
I didnt indicate, but then I didnt really use my shoulder checks that much either.
I got asked how I check the horn and brakes... but cant recall if it was mod 1 or 2. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| blurredman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 blurredman World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Sep 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:16 - 02 Sep 2011 Post subject: Re: Mod 1 queries |
 |
|
| ##Paddy## wrote: | Hey
Flat mate is sitting his theory Tuesday and doing his modules asap after.
I did mine a while ago and its not really that fresh in my mind
Hes asked me a few questions
Do you need to indicate in mod 1 - video says act like you are on the road etc.
Do I have to wear boots
Do they do bike checks, such as horn and suspension questions
Do I have to go into neutral or can I leave it in gear with clutch in
Naturally, I should be able to answer  But its been ages since I did mine...and I think i blagged my way through mod 1.
I did mine in trainers, but new laws fly in all the time
I didnt indicate, but then I didnt really use my shoulder checks that much either.
I got asked how I check the horn and brakes... but cant recall if it was mod 1 or 2. |
No
no
no- questions about the vehicle are in mod2.
and no but advised to relieve your hand  ____________________ CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sidewinder |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sidewinder World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Aug 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alex_B |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alex_B Brolly Dolly
Joined: 15 Jul 2011 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:34 - 02 Sep 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
ON my CBT last week the instructor guy stated that "we don't like trainers here but it's not against the law" and so on. There were guys there in trackies and all sorts of thin clothing btw.
Anyway, the point is he made a statement which went along the lines of:
"More and more examiners will now not let you take a test in trainers and jeans and what have you. He said, most don't worry about jeans (as such) in particular as long as you have upper body protection and boots"
He seemed pretty adamant that it's a rule they are bringing in although it will probably be law.
I'd love an instructor or Examiner here to comment  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:13 - 02 Sep 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
DSA reminds motorcycle test candidates to wear suitable clothing
| The DSA arbitrarily denied access to a service and created a duty of care for themselves because they're spackers, and wrote: |
Tests won’t go ahead if you are inappropriately dressed
From 1 July, examiners might tell you that your test won’t go ahead if you arrive inappropriately dressed. However, where possible, examiners will give you the chance to find suitable clothing within the time available.
DSA won’t pay out-of-pocket expenses if your test is cancelled because of inappropriate clothing.
As a general guide the following is an indication of the minimum level of clothing acceptable:
motorcycle boots
sturdy footwear or boots that provide support and ankle protection
textile or leather motorcycle trousers
heavy denim trousers
heavy denim jacket with several layers underneath
textile or leather motorcycle jacket
motorcycle gloves
The following are examples of clothing that are not acceptable:
lightweight training shoes
canvas basket ball trainers
any form of clothing with areas of exposed skin
shell suit or lightweight tracksuit
distressed ripped jeans
lightweight fleece or hoody
no gloves or skiing gloves
|
My view is that they're on a sticky contractual wicket, while at the same time making a rod for the HSE to beat them with, but that's the situation at the moment. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:26 - 02 Sep 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sidewinder |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sidewinder World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Aug 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wibbles |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wibbles Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 21 Aug 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:51 - 02 Sep 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Just about the neutral thing, I was told by my instructor - if asked once to put it in neutral, make sure to have it in neutral every time he/she approaches you.
Turns out I got an examiner that wanted neutral after every instruction  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sam_Y_93 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sam_Y_93 World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Redoko |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Redoko World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Biker Alex |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Biker Alex Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 18 Jun 2011 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|