Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


eBay/PayPal Dispute Guest

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Snorty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:46 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: eBay/PayPal Dispute Guest Reply with quote

I paid for some GPZ end cans on eBay as a PayPal guest around the 17th, it's now the 2nd of September and I haven't had any contact from the seller on its whereabouts.

I've just been on the paypal website and it's ridiculous how much shit I had to go through first just to get a number to call, only to call the number and for it to fob me off and tell me to do it online.

Seems like companies try their hardest to stop you from being able to get through to someone these days...

Can't figure out how to do it online without having an account!

Does anybody know how to do this? Is it unreasonable of me to expect it to have come by now? lol.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Paulington
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:50 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know you have to have an account. The only other way I can think of doing it is to search your e-mail for the Paypal Reference Number or something similar and then ring them up and say you want to start a dispute.

From investigating it a bit what I have found seems to agree with what I have said above. Make sure you start a dispute on eBay or w/e it's called at the same time but make sure you contact the seller asking what's up first.

If no response and Paypal is being annoying you could always just initiate a chargeback if you paid by credit card or whatever it is.

MAKE SURE you contact the seller through eBay or whatever first BEFORE you do anything and give them a day or two to respond.

Best of luck!
____________________
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Current Vehicles: '89 Kawasaki KDX200, '99 Yamaha XV535, '00 Honda ST1100 Pan-European, '08 Suzuki GSX-R1000, '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 2.0 TDCi, '15 BMW 1 Series 116d Sport Turbo.
CBT: 27/08/08. Theory: 04/09/09. Module 1: 16/09/09. Module 2: 01/10/09.


Last edited by Paulington on 14:54 - 02 Sep 2011; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Snorty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:53 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the receipt number, but when I ring up I feel like I'm reading one of those books where you can choose which page to go to, but I keep getting the wrong one and so I don't get through to an actual person.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jimbothe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:46 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I do a fair bit on there I was given, and I quote:

Quote:
A dedicated line


Which in reality probably means bugger all but there is a number and you're welcome to try it.

Quote:
Dear Mr Fabulous,

To say thanks for being one of our favourite customers, we're putting you first. You can now start enjoying:

- A faster, dedicated helpline: 0845 4011 050
- Superior customer service from our best agents
- Exclusive offers from top brands, just for you

We love that our customers are unique - like (some woman I don't know) here who uses PayPal to sell teddy bears! So we don't want you to change anything, just keep using PayPal and enjoy your special treatment.

____________________
Check out our tackle shop on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/JklTackle
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Germ
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 13 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:53 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbothe wrote:
Because I do a fair bit on there I was given, and I quote:

Quote:
A dedicated line


Which in reality probably means bugger all but there is a number and you're welcome to try it.

Quote:
Dear Mr Fabulous,

To say thanks for being one of our favourite customers, we're putting you first. You can now start enjoying:

- A faster, dedicated helpline: 0845 4011 050


Translation: We think you're so gullible we thought we'd see if you'd fall for calling this 0845 number at 50p a minute.
If they want us to feel special and be loyal to them then maybe they should stop gouging customers and give us an 0800 number to call.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jimbothe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:06 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree but at least it's a start for op Thumbs Up
____________________
Check out our tackle shop on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/JklTackle
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:12 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need ring at all?
The only time I had a dispute it was all online and worked quite smoothly.
Paypal favours buyers and the only real annoyance is it can be slow but they do have to give the other party time to respond.

It is holiday season so they may have a reasonable excuse like been away for a few days.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:38 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

To save pennies ring this number.

020 8605 3000 ... option 1

God Bless SayNoTo0870 Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Snorty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:55 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers paddy, I'll give it a go!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:08 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germ wrote:
Translation: We think you're so gullible we thought we'd see if you'd fall for calling this 0845 number at 50p a minute.
If they want us to feel special and be loyal to them then maybe they should stop gouging customers and give us an 0800 number to call.


0845 are NOT 50p a min......
Checking BY prices its a MAX of 2p per min......

Unless you are a mug and use a mobile......
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 1.15 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 68.5 Kb