Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


I guess this takes biking to the next level

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

J.M.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:25 - 03 Sep 2011    Post subject: I guess this takes biking to the next level Reply with quote

https://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/06/14/this-prototype-hoverbike-could-land-in-a-year/

I don't know what you guys think, but I can help but think that'd be a bunch of fun if it ever hit the roads Very Happy
Probably going to call for a whole new license though.
____________________
2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Redoko
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:38 - 03 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only £24K.. Neutral

There are plenty of other bikes/cars I'd rather have for that kind of money.

92 miles to tank, doesn't say how much it holds though.

Can't see it ever being road legal, simply a toy.
____________________
"Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WannaBeDude
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:41 - 03 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

PPhhff, they had them in battle star glaectica in the 80s Rolling Eyes
____________________
Jogging on, destination living.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:24 - 03 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Malloy claims full-scale production could lower the cost into the high-end sport bike range.
Laughing
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

LordShaftesbu...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:31 - 03 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's totally awesome. I'd love one.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:53 - 03 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks awfully like the one I posted a while back, so.....

Police Police Policehttps://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=222841 Police Police Police
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:10 - 03 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police Police Police Yeah, copycat Police Police Police
____________________
A good loser will always be a loser.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:13 - 03 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
Police Police Police Yeah, copycat Police Police Police


We sure showed him. Laughing
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

J.M.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:03 - 03 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn me, I wasn't a member back then though so unfortunately I never saw it Embarassed Sure doesn't stop me wanting one though Thumbs Up
____________________
2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bezzer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:05 - 03 Sep 2011    Post subject: Re: I guess this takes biking to the next level Reply with quote

jordanmoore wrote:
that'd be a bunch of fun if it ever hit the roads Very Happy
.


....and also hit the walls, buildings, hedgerows, oncoming vehicles etc etc, you ever seen a hovercraft trying to turn a corner Mr. Green
____________________
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not quite so sure.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

LordShaftesbu...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:45 - 03 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally if I had one I'd fly over those sorts of things ...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:08 - 03 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see him in the Darwin Awards 2012, for sure. Good way to go though.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 1.71 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 75.46 Kb