Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


My boy had his 1st go on the Back of my road bike Yesterday

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Bull
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:06 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: My boy had his 1st go on the Back of my road bike Yesterday Reply with quote

How old where you or Your kids when you or they went for a ride on the back Very Happy

My Eldist boy is 6yrs old Only went around the Village on the SP1 with him But he Loved it,
Need to get him some type of Boots anyone any ides where to look for some thing suitable Confused Hes a 13 going on a Junior size1 ,

Got helmet and a Leather Jacket, For now we are only going Local on local roads, Brought one of them Belts and seems to work realy well Mr. Green Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Daimo
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 14 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:47 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about 3-4 when I first started.

Dad couldn't afford fancy leathers, so I wore the thickest jeans/jack I had, and had a skid lid and gloves, and use to wear big thick work type boots (for kids).

Memorable moment: Going to Hastings, Brand new FZR 1000 EXUP, 140mph, tap tap tap on shoulder, faster daddy faster.....

Turns out I was so light he'd forgotton I was on the back. We slowed down Evil or Very Mad Laughing Still gets laughed about.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ClockworkJesu...
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 31 Jan 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:20 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing 19.
Crashed my first ever moped. Was checked Okay by the paramedic crew. Jumped on the back of my mate's CB1 400 and zipped off to McDonalds, and then eventually back home. 105Mph down the A30 feels quick on the back of a bike. Faster still when the rider is younger than you~!

Mr. Green Wanted to tell Mum face to face; but the police got there first, telling her they'd found my bike but not me.. Great. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:28 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClockworkJesus wrote:
Laughing 19.
Crashed my first ever moped. Was checked Okay by the paramedic crew. Jumped on the back of my mate's CB1 400 and zipped off to McDonalds, and then eventually back home. 105Mph down the A30 feels quick on the back of a bike. Faster still when the rider is younger than you~!


My dad crapped his pants when he looked at the speedo when I took him out.

He doesn't like bikes anymore... Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hmmmnz
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:48 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

i grew up on a farm, so was so young i can't even remember learning how to ride,
as far as im aware i always knew how to ride Very Happy
the old man used to take me and the little bro into the bush on his farm bike (1 on the tank and 1 on the back) and that was before we had started primary school, so 3 and 4 years old Very Happy
____________________
the humans are dead
I kick arse for the lord
Wiring Diagrams BIDNIP it bitches
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

AL-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:02 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was racing in motocross by the age of 5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

leonski
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:18 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to keep telling my son I'm not allowed to have him on the back until daddie passes his test, but I am temped to just take him around a few back roads where I live. But knowing my luck Mr plod will be there lol

I was 26 my first time pillion on a R1 I craped myself when I got off I couldn't speak and my leg's were shaking. Karma
____________________
there is nothing like the smell of 2stroke in the morning
current beasts..lol de-restricted ludix classic 50 fastest ped ive ever ridden
yamaha ybr 125 working progress ....... Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ClockworkJesu...
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 31 Jan 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:30 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
ClockworkJesus wrote:
Laughing 19.
Crashed my first ever moped. Was checked Okay by the paramedic crew. Jumped on the back of my mate's CB1 400 and zipped off to McDonalds, and then eventually back home. 105Mph down the A30 feels quick on the back of a bike. Faster still when the rider is younger than you~!


My dad crapped his pants when he looked at the speedo when I took him out.

He doesn't like bikes anymore... Laughing

Thumbs Up Treat 'em mean..
Laughing Wrong expression?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

R6 Wilson
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 31 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:38 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still remember the first day my Dad opened his bike up with me on the back

Will never forget the feeling of adrenaline/fear/excitement/enjoyment I felt that day, not sure anything will ever match it :l
____________________
♥ YZF-R6 '05 ♥
Time is money so I stay late
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:41 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClockworkJesus wrote:
##Paddy## wrote:

My dad crapped his pants when he looked at the speedo when I took him out.

He doesn't like bikes anymore... Laughing

Thumbs Up Treat 'em mean..
Laughing Wrong expression?


Dad used to ride, talking back 20+ years.

Wanted to know why I was so hyped up when I passed my test and that... watched me get bike after bike, got loaned a bike and took him out on it.

Hit just over 160 on the motorway, returned home... he didnt speak.
Spoke to mum, apparently he was genuinely scared his 22 year old son had access to some form of rocket Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheManWithThe...
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 30 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:48 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe i was about 13, admiring my great uncle's Blackbird when he just asked "Do you fancy a go on the back?"

Will never forget the fear of nearly falling off the back when he opened it up. (which is probably down to me underestimating how much it would pull!)

I must have headbutted him on every gear change aswell Laughing

Then going on the back of my brothers a couple of weeks ago, peered over his shoulder to see 90 on the clocks and just started laughing....im not sure why Razz
____________________
MBK Nitro 50, Sold. Kawasaki ER-5, Honda ST1100
"Anyone can jump a motorcycle! The trouble begins when you try to land it..."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stigg
Nova Slayer



Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:52 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dad collected me and my mum from the hospital in his Panther and sidecar, so i must have been about 1 week old! Used to take my boy to school on the back of my Yamaha when he was about 10 years old, got a lot of funny looks!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bull
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:41 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green

My 1st time on the back of a "big bike" was a friend Fazer600 i was 18 and then a few months later on the back of my m8s ZX6R ,

My 6yr old boy has a KTM50 But he Crashed it into some Straw Bailes and the Bike was reving its tits off, So atm he want ride it, Sad

So by going out on my SP will make him get back on his Bike (want sound as noisey compaired to the SP lol)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sam_Y_93
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:45 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only time I have been pillion was on my cousins xr125 (I think) not the most legal of actions, went down a little footpath to get into a field, it was covered in wet leaves. He locked the front and we went down, and that was my first experience on a bike Laughing

Have no interest in going on the back of a bike though, hate the feeling of not being in control, I am bad enough as a passenger in a car.
____________________
Bikes Past: Yamaha Aerox (sold) Yamaha R125 (written off)
Bikes Current: Honda VFR 400 (awaiting restoration) Honda CB600f F-4
Theory passed July 21st Mod1 passed August 3rd Mod 2 passed 26th August
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:36 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early teens when i went on the back of a lads DT. Riding pillion wasn't for me.

Taken my 7yr and 8yr old nephews out on the back of the Ducati. One of them is now a bike obsessive....lots of clutch slipping = 10mph sounding like 80. Smile
My daughter was about 10. Probably the best pillion so far. Thinking about it we've covered a lot of miles together. Few memorable moments have been when i first let the clutch out too fast on a hill start...she was laughing so much i could feel her shaking...i was doing yee-ha's. It's now expected that i 'extend the suspension' on every hillstart. Mr. Green

Gotta say i'm dreading having any kind of incident with her on the back...sooner she gets her own wheels the better.
Would be cool to go riding side by side with her.
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi



Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:49 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was 4 years old, even though I don't remember it. My uncle's son is about 8 years old than me, so he would of been 12 at the time and had this little 50cc trail bike. He used to take me with him and his son down to Formby beach and he would take me on it. Apparently, he would let me ride it as well whilst I was sat infront of him on the seat controlling the throttle and steering.

I didn't know this because my mum and my uncle fell out 23 years ago and hadn't spoken since my nan died at the begining of this year. I knew what he looked like because he owned a hair salon in town but never went in as I didn't know what to say. When my nan was in hospital, he walked in one day whilst it was only me there and I said, "I don't think we've met before..." he said, "Yeah we have, I put you on your first bike on Formby beach".

I genuinely didn't know that until he told me, which was pretty cool, as I was in full leathers and gear at the time.

If I have kids, probably around the same age I would like to buy a little bike to take them out on.

My dad also used to have a Honda something 125 when he was in college but he sold it for a car a year later and never got back on one until a few years ago. He started riding my brothers SX125 after doing his CBT because me, my brother and sister all have bikes. He keeps meaning to do his full test which would be cool.

I also had him on the back of the ZX10 a few months ago which he wasn't impressed with at all.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Germ
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 13 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:04 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have been about 9 or so,around 37 years ago now.My half-brother was stationed in Singapore and bought a brand spanking new Kawasaki Z Thou and rode home on it.
He and my dad kinda hated each other so we rarely saw Pete but he came and took me off for a test and scared me shitless!
Got home and my dad lost it with him for taking me on the back,thought there was going to be violence!

It was probably the first bike I ever really saw up close and fell in love with it,Kawasakis and Kawasaki green right there and then.

I must say I truly hate being a pillion and refuse to do it unless it's some kind of emergency.Odd how I have no problem being a passenger in a car but not a bike.....maybe cos I never did pass my car test or drive on the road.I just feel utterly not in control when on the back.

hmmmnz wrote:
as far as im aware i always knew how to ride Very Happy
Came out of the womb wheelying at 30mph Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Razzy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:18 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmnz wrote:
i grew up on a farm, so was so young i can't even remember learning how to ride,
as far as im aware i always knew how to ride Very Happy
the old man used to take me and the little bro into the bush on his farm bike (1 on the tank and 1 on the back) and that was before we had started primary school, so 3 and 4 years old Very Happy


Logie you were found out in the bush in a wild cabbage patch next to a white transit Laughing
____________________
GSX 1400 K5 SOLD
Tiger 955i SOLD
R.I.P Aprilia RSV 1000r 9/2/09
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MotorbikerTom
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:16 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was about 4 months ago on the back of my dad's VFR 800, after opening it up i looked over his shoulder and saw we were at 100mph, felt pretty quick compared to my GS (of course) but i wasn't scared to be fair Laughing
____________________
CBT: 19/02/11 - Mod 1: 27/03/11 - Mod 2: 01/04/11
'97 GS500E > '03 Hornet 600 > '16 Street Triple 675 > '99 VFR800Fi
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Darylw27
Nova Slayer



Joined: 20 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:26 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been pillion on a bike and to be fair I don't think I ever will.

Is it just me or does the thought of being pillion not scare the crap out of you. The fact that your life is in their hands and any mistake they make you pay the price equally. Strange how I have no problem been a passanger in a car, but would refuse to be a pillion on a bike. Suppose if i've to go out and have a spill I want it to be my own terms and fault.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:47 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Get on the back with a smooth rider. Someone old helps as it shows they have somehow survived.

I'd like to go pillion again, but with someone who knows how ride properly when 2up.
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:55 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I went on a bike/ or back of was at 19 it was rule in the house that no one rides a motorbike till they are 21... yeah didn't follow that one.

For boots have you tried JCb boots or similar working mens boots, I had my first pair at the age of 5.

This is the type im thinking...
https://www.drews.uk.com/data/images/F%20TRACK%20H.jpg
____________________
CB125>CG125>GN125>ER5>K100RS>R1100RS>K100RS
A2 completed 23/07/15 Ready for the Golden Crisp Packet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:41 - 29 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only been bitch once - was on a CB250 ridden by my brother, I already had a bike licence by this point.


This sounds fine until you realise that I weigh about 7 stone more than him. It wasn't fun, the front wheel went really light, the bike snaked back and forth even in a straight line and corners felt like certain death.


Not that interested in riding pillion again tbh, can't envisage a situation where I would need to either so I think my days of riding bitch are going to remain at 1.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bull
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:31 - 29 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSmiler wrote:
First time I went on a bike/ or back of was at 19 it was rule in the house that no one rides a motorbike till they are 21... yeah didn't follow that one.

For boots have you tried JCb boots or similar working mens boots, I had my first pair at the age of 5.

This is the type im thinking...
https://www.drews.uk.com/data/images/F%20TRACK%20H.jpg


Been looking Not seen any of them But will Google and see what i can find There What i was aiming at Mr. Green Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bull
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:38 - 29 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonnyBrago wrote:
Only been bitch once - was on a CB250 ridden by my brother, I already had a bike licence by this point.


This sounds fine until you realise that I weigh about 7 stone more than him. It wasn't fun, the front wheel went really light, the bike snaked back and forth even in a straight line and corners felt like certain death.


Not that interested in riding pillion again tbh, can't envisage a situation where I would need to either so I think my days of riding bitch are going to remain at 1.


Same as me and My Bro (me being the bigger) I worked out if i go out on the Back of his Bike again im not going to say "OK NOW GO BACK STEADY" We went back Quicker for the 2nd time of saying it lol,

He keep offering me ago on the back of his SP1 but after Scaring me half to Death on his 600 Thundercat i did'nt Fancy the SP1 Ride lol,
The reason i went and brought my own SP1 can now say "got my own SP so dont need to have ago on yours" Laughing Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 9 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 0.86 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 135.04 Kb