Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Insurance... massive con

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message
GillyBoy89 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Marmalade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:51 - 26 Sep 2011    Post subject: Re: Insurance... massive con Reply with quote

GillyBoy89 wrote:
Hello people, so it's come to that point of the year when I had to renew my insurance... I've got a scooter but my insurers were asking for £800.00.

EIGHT HUNDRED POUNDS for a 50cc 11 plate gilera runner!!! I was amazed, but in all fairness my scoot has been stolen twice in 10 months (no fault of my own, was locked and everything).

so I shopped around went on gocompare..moneysupermarket... all those comparison sites, and sure they were cheaper than £800 but I was then advised by a mate of mine to try MCN compare I honestly didn't know about this comparison site, they do apparently specialise in bikes so bobs your uncle, filled it out and got a quote that was almost half on my renewal price.

thought i'd share this because if i didnt know about something like this i'm sure there are others.

direct link: https://goo.gl/AgXyx

peace!


So, not only does MCN spout a load of bollox in their paper they've taken to spamming forums to sell insurance.

Nice one Middle Finger
____________________
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:53 - 26 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could have just not bothered claiming for a scooter, then your premiums wouldnt be over £800 Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:43 - 26 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steady on, it's not spam. See previous thread where lubing up was predicted.

UPDATE

Ooops, I missed that it's a referral link. That's a SPAM for you, sir.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike


Last edited by Rogerborg on 18:44 - 26 Sep 2011; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Marmalade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:09 - 26 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Steady on, it's not spam. See previous thread where lubing up was predicted.


I've asked G to take a nosy at it and deal as required.

Sowwy Embarassed
____________________
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:22 - 26 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is using a referal link OK then......

As the proper url is https://insurance.motorcyclenews.com

Or is the OP directing you to a fake link to farm people's details....
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Quornholio This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:25 - 26 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Steady on, it's not spam. See previous thread where lubing up was predicted.


It may not be, but hiding a referral link in a short url is a bit crap.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:58 - 26 Sep 2011    Post subject: Re: Insurance... massive con Reply with quote

Spam rating revoked at the request of the rater.
Didn't check the link myself.

Yes, if it's an undisclosed referral which he's taken the effort to hide, seems like spam to me!
(Now checked and does look that way.)

OP: I suggest you change your link or disclose in the original post that it's a referral to avoid being rated as spam Thumbs Up.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi



Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:59 - 26 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fill out this form, make me some commission on referrals and let MCN ring you every other day for marketing purposes.

No thanks.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

leonski
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:17 - 26 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

May well be spam, but I use tescos bike insurance i find it turns up cheaper than go compare and compare the bollox
____________________
there is nothing like the smell of 2stroke in the morning
current beasts..lol de-restricted ludix classic 50 fastest ped ive ever ridden
yamaha ybr 125 working progress ....... Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:27 - 26 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

leonski wrote:
May well be spam, but I use tescos bike insurance i find it turns up cheaper than go compare and compare the bollox


FWIW I just did a quote back to back with Tesco and thebikeinsurer...

Tescos...fully comp are asking £1153 for the 750... TBI are asking £659...

Everything is identical... Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GillyBoy89
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 23 Sep 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:37 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I copied the link that I was given, so excuse me for "spaming" but I literally shared a valid tool used primarily to retrieve motorcycle/scooter quotes and gave you my opinion on them, isn't that what forums are for? regardless if it's a referral link or not?

that's fine by me, change the link to the direct link seem'd easier for me just to copy/paste what i had rather than going to google typing mcn compare then going on to the website and then copying the url.. was unintential, I'm sorry if it upset people.
____________________
I own a Gilera Runner SP 50


Last edited by GillyBoy89 on 23:19 - 28 Sep 2011; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:51 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

GillyBoy89 wrote:
I copied the link that I was given, so excuse me for "spaming" but I literally shared a valid tool used primarily to retrieve motorcycle/scooter quotes and gave you my opinion on them, isn't that what forums are for? regardless if it's a referral link or not?


Yea but new registered user, short URL's and a link to MCN... disliked by all Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Souleh
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:02 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the insurance companies have paid out 2k, twice...... and youre worried abut 800quid?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GillyBoy89
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 23 Sep 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:22 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Souleh wrote:
So, the insurance companies have paid out 2k, twice...... and youre worried abut 800quid?


Wrong, my excess on the policy I had was £600 , my insurers then contributed £600 and replaced the bike as they get them for £1200 directly from manufactures, eventhough I paid £2200 for it at the dealers, so both claims cost my insurers £1200 in total and me £1200 in total so..

initial price from new: £2200
insurance: £350
1st excess: £600
2nd excess: £600
This years renewal: £879 quid
____________________
I own a Gilera Runner SP 50
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GillyBoy89
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 23 Sep 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
GillyBoy89 wrote:
I copied the link that I was given, so excuse me for "spaming" but I literally shared a valid tool used primarily to retrieve motorcycle/scooter quotes and gave you my opinion on them, isn't that what forums are for? regardless if it's a referral link or not?


Yea but new registered user, short URL's and a link to MCN... disliked by all Laughing


what else can I do apart from apologise! there's going to be haters no matter what, my sincere apologies
____________________
I own a Gilera Runner SP 50
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:35 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

GillyBoy89 wrote:
my insurers then contributed £600 and replaced the bike as they get them for £1200 directly from manufactures, eventhough I paid £2200 for it at the dealers


I don't know where you're getting that idea from. Dealers don't have £1000 margin on 125s, so why on earth would an insurer taking fewer units be able to get them for that?
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GillyBoy89
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 23 Sep 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:43 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just telling you what the dealer told me, he invoiced my insurers £1200 for the sale..
____________________
I own a Gilera Runner SP 50
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:43 - 29 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

GillyBoy89 wrote:

what else can I do apart from apologise! there's going to be haters no matter what, my sincere apologies

Easy. Edit your post so it's no longer a money making scheme for whoever gave you the link.
Just replace the URL with the direct URL.

Or add a disclaimer that the URL is hiding a refarall URL which will generate some cash for whoever gave you the link.

Either way should stop the spam ratings Thumbs Up.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:54 - 29 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

so OP gets paid out more than he paid for insurance.

then gets upset when renewal would cover what the insurance has paid out.


op thinks he is getting conned


I assume OP has/will leave school with no qualifications and spend a lifetime on benefits.
____________________
Fallen Angel "Nae sniffing my seat now!!!!! "
www.cliqueycuntsmcc.co.uk
I AM NOT A FAST RIDER!!!!!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:33 - 29 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

GillyBoy89 wrote:
I'm just telling you what the dealer told me, he invoiced my insurers £1200 for the sale..


And did you pay the dealer the £600 excess when you picked the bike up ?
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:52 - 29 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I crashed my HGV into a speed camera van and got a discount this year Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Souleh
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:49 - 29 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
I crashed my HGV into a speed camera van and got a discount this year Thumbs Up


Ofcourse!! Its karma. Knocking them down is gooood karma Thumbs Up Karma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 4 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 1 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 125.16 Kb