Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


1999 R1

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

TiN
Pocket Tin



Joined: 14 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:30 - 08 Sep 2004    Post subject: [FOR SALE] 1999 R1 Reply with quote

I'm gonna be sticking the bike on Ebay in the next few days (unless my procrastination takes over), but I thought that I'd gauge some interest here first.

The following is pretty much what my Ebay ad should look like (minus the pictures, which will follow in a couple of days or so). The ad description is a bit long, so be warned...

Guide price: around £3000 (give or take)

Details: 1999 Yamaha R1
Colour: Blue
Mileage: 27600 miles
MOT: 12 months
Tax: until 31st March 2005

Quote:

Yamaha R1 1999 *NO RESERVE*

You are looking at a 1999 Yamaha R1, the nicest looking model in the range in my opinion. I bought it as a cheap replacement for my CBR after I got t-boned in an accident earlier this year, but I've hardly ridden for one reason or another. Now I need the money, and alas this seems to be the quickest way of getting some. Having said that, I am NOT desparate to sell, so will not be held at ransom with silly offers.

<h3>First things first (i.e. the "bad" bits)</h3>
This bike is not cosmetically mint, so if you're looking for that bike to parade around at bike meets, then maybe this isn't for you...but then again, maybe it is? Read on... There is a dent in the left side of the tank (which managed to elude me for a good few months, somehow), and numerous (though not excessive) general chips and scratches on the bodywork. It's not as horrendous as it sounds, but I've got to be honest. In my opinion, this just justifies getting that nice paintjob that you've been dreaming about.

I have seriously thought about tidying up the bike myself, but other commitments have prevented me so far, and now that I think about it, I don't see the attractiveness of riding around a machine that I'd be scared to drop. Having said that, I have treated this machine with far more respect than my new CBR, again, for one reason or another.

The mileage is about average (27600) for a bike this age, though possibly above average for a sports bike. There is no service history, but the engine sounds sweet and runs fine. I did an oil and filter change about 200 miles ago.

Even at this price, it would make a worthy track tool, but it would be a shame to waste the road-going capability.

<BR><BR>

<h3>Now the better bits</h3>
Ok, onto the nice bits about/on the bike.

It has just passed it's MOT, so it won't need one until September 5th 2005. It is taxed until 31st March 2005. And of course, I have the V5 (the new shaped one too).

The bike is also <strong>HPI clear</strong>. I did the check back at the end of March this year, and everything was clean. However, I would not discourage you carrying out the check yourself, just for peace of mind. Please contact me for the registration.

It has a relatively special registration beginning with "R1". Shockingly enough, I may be one of the few R1 owners who uses a full-sized number plate, so that'll be one less thing for the cops to complain about. However, I still have the tiny plate that was on the bike when I bought it, should you be so inclined.

I've fitted Braking Wavy discs to the front, along with Carbone Lorraine SBK3 sintered pads and braided hoses. I have also fitted 2002/3 calipers and master cylinder, as I couldn't be bothered to service the old ones (even though they worked fine).

I have downgeared the bike to 1 tooth down on the front, and 2 up on the rear. They are Renthal sprockets, although I still have originals, and they will be included, but they're a little dirty. I also have a DID gold chain lying around, but I won't be getting it fitted, but it will be available via separate negotiation.

The tyres are Bridgestone 010s and there is plenty of life left in both of them.

There is a Datatool Veto alarm/immobiliser system fitted, and is fully functional.

Cosmetically, there is an iridium double screen, full-length carbon frame protectors (Harris), and solo seat cowl. The rear shock looks pretty clean and new for a 5-year old bike, so I'm guessing that it was replaced by the previous owner (I didn't think about asking at the time). I have also just replaced the standard can with a much newer one (still original Yamaha).

The bike is kept in the garage, and having turned into a fair-weather rider since my accident (I have a car), I have personally not intentionally taken it out in the rain, although I cannot possibly comment on previous owners (just 2 of them registered).

<h3>Other bits...</h3>

You are bidding to buy, not view etc...although viewings are welcomed, but please make an appointment first. I am in Bristol, but may occassionaly be in Bath.

Although I offer my assurances that this bike is fully road-worthy, I cannot offer any warranties or similar services, and as such this bike is offered on a sold-as-seen basis only. Test rides are welcomed, but only with an agreed sum of cash in my hand.

I will only accept payment as cash (either on collection, or deposited in my account prior to the release of the bike). Cheques are acceptable, but must clear before the bike will be released.

A <strong>non-refundable</strong> (unless I cancel the deal, in which case the deposit will be refunded in full. But this will only occur in extreme circumstances, i.e. if the bike is no longer in the described condition) deposit of £300 will be required within 7 days of the auction end.

Please ask any and all questions before placing a bid, and understand the all my terms and conditions etc (especially the one above).


Please feel free to ask any questions or comment on anything that I've put in my "ad". Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thumbs Up

Thanks for looking.
____________________
TiN
dotgems.net


Last edited by TiN on 00:50 - 08 Sep 2004; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

themcmouse
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 09 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:44 - 08 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You are looking at a 1999 Yamaha R1, the nicest looking model in the range in my opinion. I bought it as a cheap replacement for my CBR after I got t-boned in an accident earlier this year, but I've hardly ridden for one reason or another. Now I need the money, and alas this seems to be the quickest way of getting some. Having said that, I am desparate to sell, so will not be held at ransom with silly offers. "

this sounds like your gonna take the first offer, get rid of these bits
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin



Joined: 14 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:49 - 08 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, cheers mate. It was meant to read "NOT". Now edited. Smile
____________________
TiN
dotgems.net
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo



Joined: 26 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:51 - 08 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't mentioned anything about what reg the bike is or service history either mate.
____________________
A big enough hammer fixes anything!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin



Joined: 14 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:53 - 08 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooby wrote:
You haven't mentioned anything about what reg the bike is or service history either mate.


I've said that it's a 1999 bike. It's not in the ad 'cos I think that Ebay has separate provisions for those details. As for service history, it's mentioned in the 4th paragraph...
____________________
TiN
dotgems.net
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo



Joined: 26 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:59 - 08 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops sorry, missed the service history bit. I think you should mention what plate the bike is on though, I am sat here with a copy of Glass's Guide and there's £225 difference in price depending on whether it's a 99 "S" plate, or a 99 "V" plate. You'll only get asked anyways.
____________________
A big enough hammer fixes anything!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin



Joined: 14 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:12 - 08 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, fair enough mate, cheers. The HPI check says that it was a T-reg before it got the "special" plate. I'll amend my auction draft with that, ta. Smile
____________________
TiN
dotgems.net
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 32 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.41 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 58.52 Kb