Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Various bits from '89 NSR125F

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

deputy
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 12 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:06 - 08 Sep 2004    Post subject: [FOR SALE] Various bits from '89 NSR125F Reply with quote

I have a collection of bits that I have been using to try and sought my ailing 1989 NSR125F. All these bits were swapped from my bike and as far as I am aware they are all working, as I have eventually traced the problem to a missing return spring on the choke.

Bits are:

CDI
RC valve servo unit.
control unit for RC servo.
Regulator/rectifier.
Ignition coil.

I also have a CDI unit from a newer NSR (I think) bought off Ebay by mistake and the locking section of the petrol tank filler cover off a faired bike (NSR125R circa 1990) and ignition switch and bracket ( no keys unfortunately) also bought off Ebay in a job lot of stuff.

I will post some pics.
Thought I would see if anyone here wanted anything before I list the bits on ebay.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flywheel
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:31 - 09 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

is it an ns125 or an nsr125, ns has single square head light.
if it is and the rc valve and servo control for an ns125 then i may consider buying them.this depends on how much u want and if i can actualy afford it. lol

cheers
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

deputy
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 12 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:59 - 10 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an NSR125 F, it has a single headlight and Alcast frame, it is an import. Not sure whether the RC valve control gear is interchangeable.

If you think they will fit, I would be looking for £30 +P&P (should be £7-8) for both bits, I think this is a fair price as I have recently seen the same bits for sale at a scrap dealers for over £100.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flywheel
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:48 - 10 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah soz im not gona risk it. i did this not longago with a CID off and ns125f and it blew the engine up!! lol

good luck selling ur stuff Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mr jamez
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:00 - 10 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess bike is an import? any idea if the CDI has been modified to restrict the bike...

What about the CDI you bought off ebay? is that off an import or UK bike?

Might be interested in a job lot on all of it Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diehard
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:39 - 10 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart knows all about the NSR bikes from that age so he could tell ya what fits what. He's helped me many times. Thumbs Up
____________________
If I Die... I Die!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

deputy
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 12 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:50 - 11 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr jamez wrote:
I guess bike is an import? any idea if the CDI has been modified to restrict the bike...

What about the CDI you bought off ebay? is that off an import or UK bike?

Might be interested in a job lot on all of it Smile


The CDi came off my bike while I was having problems with, which I traced to a lack of return spring on the choke. There is no restriction on the bike at all, it will freely rev to 11K now the choke is sorted (you wouldn't think a spring could make so much difference).
The other CDI is from a newer bike I think. It is much smaller than the one on my bike, so I wouldn't like to say whether it would work an a different bike.

If you are interested in the bits, I will post some pictures so that you can see the condition. Then make me an offer.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

deputy
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 12 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:54 - 11 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flywheel wrote:
hi

is it an ns125 or an nsr125, ns has single square head light.
if it is and the rc valve and servo control for an ns125 then i may consider buying them.this depends on how much u want and if i can actualy afford it. lol

cheers


Put a post on the workshop, as to wheteher the engines are compatible and good old Keith replied, unfortunately the engines are completely different so the RC valve won't fit.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

deputy
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 12 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:20 - 11 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics of the bits as promised.
I have posted pics of the 2 CDIs together to so the difference. The larger one is 3"x4.5"x1", the small one 1.5"x2.5"x1".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

xenepp
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:26 - 15 Sep 2004    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I may well be interested in that ignition coil, how much you asking?

-Joel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

deputy
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 12 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:59 - 16 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last chance for exclusive access to these parts, as they will be going on to ebay in the next day or so.

Any reasonable offers accepted.

As previously mentioned, everything came off a working bike, so all good to go.

PM me with offers, as it has just taken me a while to find this post.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 17 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 1.36 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 68.25 Kb