Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Bye SV, hello...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

675Rusty
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:36 - 08 Jan 2012    Post subject: Bye SV, hello... Reply with quote

Triumph Street Triple.

My SV650 was boring to ride and I really didn't like the riding position all that much. So I bought a Street Triple. Very Happy

Love the bike, so much nicer to ride than my SV650S.

Only downside was the reg/rec went after 50 miles Sad but the dealer is sorting that out for me sometime this week.

https://img830.imageshack.us/img830/6553/dscf0047ma.jpg
____________________
Current Bike - 2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JoeDougieDoug...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Oct 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:48 - 08 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Very Happy I love the Street Triples. I'll be looking to get one for my first 'big bike' Smile Love it in red too!

Nice on! Smile
____________________
CBT Passed - 22 / 10 / 11 >> Theory Passed - 16 / 02 / 2012 >> Mod 1 Passed - 07 / 03 / 2012 >> Mod 2 Passed - 18 / 05 / 2012.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer



Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:12 - 08 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeDougieDouglas wrote:
Sweet! Very Happy I love the Street Triples.


Me too. Looks nice Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Maruchino
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 02 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:36 - 08 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Bye SV, hello... Reply with quote

iRusty wrote:
Triumph Street Triple.

My SV650 was boring to ride and I really didn't like the riding position all that much. So I bought a Street Triple. Very Happy

Love the bike, so much nicer to ride than my SV650S.

Only downside was the reg/rec went after 50 miles Sad but the dealer is sorting that out for me sometime this week.

https://img830.imageshack.us/img830/6553/dscf0047ma.jpg


Keep your receipt, it will go again! The Triumph reg/recs are fucking useless. Best thing I did to my trumpet was upgrade to a cool running MOSFET device - meant I could go away on long trips knowing I will make it back.

Best colour, nice bike!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Deaks
Traffic Copper



Joined: 16 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:05 - 08 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up

Lovely looking bike. Really like the colour. And the belly pan and radiator cowl break up the black frame/engine area nicely.

Only thing don't like is the giant exhaust that makes it sound like a sowing machine! Don't know what options there are (apart from the obvious Arrow) but I think anything would look and sound better.
____________________
Suzuki SV650S '04 (09/08-02/11), Triumph Tiger 1050 '07 (02/11 - current).

Live to Ride. Ride to Feel Alive.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DaveB
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:18 - 08 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, like it in red. Enjoy, I'm sure you will. Like the single seat cowl, spoke to my local dealer yesterday about one for mine, tidies up the rear end Thumbs Up
____________________
Mod 2 passed 26/10/2011
Current ride: 2014 Triumph Street Triple R. Previous, 2007 Triumph Daytona 675, 2007 Triumph Street Triple, 2011 Derbi GPR125r.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

675Rusty
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:36 - 08 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys.

Deaks wrote:
Thumbs Up

Lovely looking bike. Really like the colour. And the belly pan and radiator cowl break up the black frame/engine area nicely.

Only thing don't like is the giant exhaust that makes it sound like a sowing machine! Don't know what options there are (apart from the obvious Arrow) but I think anything would look and sound better.


Yeah I'm getting rid of the standard exhausts soon, will probably go for the twin arrows as I think they look and sound brilliant. Thumbs Up
____________________
Current Bike - 2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:46 - 08 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drooling Im starting to really like that type of bike Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:42 - 08 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise wrote:
Drooling Im starting to really like that type of bike Thumbs Up


Because it has no balls? Thinking

They are lovely, love the engine Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stonesie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:26 - 11 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Bye SV, hello... Reply with quote

Maruchino wrote:

Keep your receipt, it will go again! The Triumph reg/recs are fucking useless. Best thing I did to my trumpet was upgrade to a cool running MOSFET device - meant I could go away on long trips knowing I will make it back.

Best colour, nice bike!



No problems with my Reg/Rec on a 05 bike, and when the OP's bike goes in he should ask about the Mosfet units. I have seen somewhere that Triumph have seen the light and started fitting them to the 675 bikes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:32 - 11 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need a Street Triple sub forum. Thumbs Up


Nice wheels though.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

675Rusty
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:20 - 11 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys.

About the reg/rec - I rode for 50 miles and it gave up on me LOL. Dealer got it sorted yesterday and I still love riding it. Quite glad I went for this rather than another upright sitting position bike.
____________________
Current Bike - 2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:55 - 11 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Thumbs Up

Before you buy Arrow's take a look here for something a little different https://www.hpcorse.com/EN/moto/71/street-triple
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

675Rusty
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:06 - 11 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo Them exhausts look bloody awesome. May have to re-think about my choice lol.

https://img851.imageshack.us/img851/8489/dscf0052r.jpg
https://img560.imageshack.us/img560/715/dscf0050e.jpg
https://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8348/dscf0051yo.jpg
____________________
Current Bike - 2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arcoiris
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 02 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:03 - 26 Jan 2012    Post subject: fell in love... Reply with quote

Oh no - this post has made me want one even more - and just after I had decided to wait!! Rolling Eyes

Loving your speed triple Very Happy Very Happy

Passed my test at the end of last summer & have a SV650.

Went into the Triumph shop in Jan and a new street triple was the first thing that caught my eye!
New shape headlights, imperial purple... wow wow I loved it!

But really should get some experience first i think as I havent been out much and I still need to learn to corner at normal speed rather than slowing right down! Embarassed

Still I now know what my next bike will be.... Very Happy Very Happy
____________________
Just follow the rainbow
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

675Rusty
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:08 - 26 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: fell in love... Reply with quote

arcoiris wrote:
Oh no - this post has made me want one even more - and just after I had decided to wait!! Rolling Eyes

Loving your speed triple Very Happy Very Happy

Passed my test at the end of last summer & have a SV650.

Went into the Triumph shop in Jan and a new street triple was the first thing that caught my eye!
New shape headlights, imperial purple... wow wow I loved it!

But really should get some experience first i think as I havent been out much and I still need to learn to corner at normal speed rather than slowing right down! Embarassed

Still I now know what my next bike will be.... Very Happy Very Happy


Haha. I done around 8k miles on my 650 and 15k'ish on my 50/125.

Tailtidy should arrive soon so I'll get some better pictures up then.
____________________
Current Bike - 2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cdo1uk
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:23 - 27 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely bikes, i will miss mine, but have to sell it.... the engine sound is so adictive.

heres mine, Sad

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270893206752?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

arcoiris
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 02 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:30 - 27 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: fell in love... Reply with quote

iRusty wrote:
arcoiris wrote:
Oh no - this post has made me want one even more - and just after I had decided to wait!! Rolling Eyes

Loving your speed triple Very Happy Very Happy

Passed my test at the end of last summer & have a SV650.

Went into the Triumph shop in Jan and a new street triple was the first thing that caught my eye!
New shape headlights, imperial purple... wow wow I loved it!

But really should get some experience first i think as I havent been out much and I still need to learn to corner at normal speed rather than slowing right down! Embarassed

Still I now know what my next bike will be.... Very Happy Very Happy


Haha. I done around 8k miles on my 650 and 15k'ish on my 50/125.

Tailtidy should arrive soon so I'll get some better pictures up then.



Hmm that says it all really doesnt it! Very Happy
Look forward to seeing pics - tail tidy makes all the difference Specially on the SV! lol
____________________
Just follow the rainbow
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Malarki
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 03 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:05 - 03 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad did the same awhile ago, gave the sv to me and got a street triple.

He's recently traded it in for a Triumph though.

Both nice bikes. Thumbs Up
____________________
Currently Riding: Dt125 and now also an SV650 @33bhp
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 244 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.7 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 107.89 Kb