|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Speedy3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Speedy3 Traffic Copper
Joined: 13 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:59 - 24 Jan 2012 Post subject: All Weather Motorcycle Clothing + Boots? |
 |
|
My current textiles are starting to come apart after the best part of 2 years use.
I want to replace them with something affordable, and quality for all year round riding without breaking the bank too much after Christmas.
In addition to this the alpine star ridge waterproof boots I have had, one of the liners ripped free this evening so they'll need replacing too.
I've seen a range by "Buffalo" as follows:
Jacket: https://www.ghostbikes.com/products/4360-buffalo-firefox-motorcycle-jacket.html
Trousers: https://www.ghostbikes.com/products/1585-buffalo-phantom-textile-trousers.html#descriptiontab
Are they any good? Could you recommend anything else for similar price/not too much more?
I ride all weathers, so I'm after practicality and dryness more than anything.
Also does anyone have some recommendations for boots?? The alpine star ones were only ankle height, I'd prefer something that came up the leg a bit more as water would sometimes creep in!
Thanks in advance guys, karma will be given.  ____________________ Current bike: 2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050 :: Previous Bikes: 2001 Kawasaki ZZR-600 E9 (Sold) 1996 Yamaha Diversion 600s (Sold),1997 Honda CB250 Nighthawk (Sold), 1988 Honda VFR 400 NC24 (Written Off), 1987 Honda CB350 S-G (Sold), Yamaha DT125 (Sold), Honda X8R-S 50cc (Stolen) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ninja_butler |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ninja_butler World Chat Champion
Joined: 19 Oct 2011 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Im-a-Ridah |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Im-a-Ridah World Chat Champion
Joined: 20 Oct 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Speedy3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Speedy3 Traffic Copper
Joined: 13 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nick 50 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nick 50 World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Jul 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| junglejim |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 junglejim Banned
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jefr0 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jefr0 World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jul 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:54 - 25 Jan 2012 Post subject: Re: All Weather Motorcycle Clothing + Boots? |
 |
|
| junglejim wrote: | | P333RYJ wrote: | My current textiles are starting to come apart after the best part of 2 years use. |
W word to the wise.
Buying cheap is a false economy.
I bought my Rukka winter jacket a long time ago.
It was £400 even then.
The salesman at the time said he reckoned I'd be saying it was the best bit of kit I've ever bought, and he was right.
I've worn it extensively every winter for the last 15 years, both on the bike and as an everyday winter coat, and it hasn't so much as dropped a stitch. |
Got to agree here. Buy it cheap, buy it twice
My Berik leathers are 5 years old now, been in all weathers, plenty of miles and nothing wrong with them, when cleaned look like new.
For the winter months I've got Dianese Goretex Phillip jacket and Galvestone trousers. Just wear my work shirt underneath, no need for thermals or any other layers and that's 5 days a week commuting, warm and dry when I get to work.
I'd recommend TCX boots too, the ones I got are:
https://www.ghostbikes.com/products/GhostBikes.com-Brands-TCX/2021-tcx-ss-sport-wp-motorcycle-boots.html
Currently on offer for £93.59. Rated high in MCN. I've used in all weather and kept my feet warm and dry, very comfortable too. ____________________ Rides: Honda XR 125 ('03) Honda CBR 600F ('91), Ducati 916 Biposto ('95) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 14 years, 263 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|