|
|
| Author |
Message |
| regular guy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 regular guy L Plate Warrior
Joined: 30 Jan 2012 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:19 - 30 Jan 2012 Post subject: really screwed up |
 |
|
Hi guys,
Regular member here but didn’t want to post under my usual name due to the nature of this post.
This isn’t a troll, and not some attention seeking attempt I genuinely need to get some things off my chest as I am at a really low point and am ready to call it a day.
Basically things haven’t been the best lately, I had a hatred for my work, my wife has lost interest in any sort of relationship and things financially are crap.
I started a new job just after Christmas and although its a lot better and I feel that I am happier, tonight my wife of quite a few years has said she hates everything about her life, me, the kids, her job, the house etc. She has said this several times over the last couple of years and shes never seemed to improve towards me although I think she has tried as she says she loves me but isn’t in love with me.
I tried talking to her and she just said that she doesn’t want me touching her and has no feelings towards me, basically she hates me and everything I am then she went to a friends house and hasn’t come back yet.
Apparently there is no one else and she just wants to be on her own, no me, no kids, just some freedom and release. This is ok and may just be a break but she has taken a couple over the last 2 months to a friends and to her mothers, always coming back saying she feels better, but I can always still see she is sad and upset (you learn to read your other half quite well after several years).
Now as I said we have been together a fair few years and have kids and she is my life, she kept me strong through hard times and we have fought hard to get where we are, we have had times before where things we sticky but she always said we would get through them and we did.
I really am at a low point, this woman is my life and although I want her to be happy I don’t want to be without her, as selfish as that is of me. I went through a several spells of depression, once when I was about 20 where I actually tried committing suicide and I have been on anti depressants on and off for years(she doesn’t actually know how many occasions I have been on different medication).
However I am worried that without her I may well top myself, in fact I probably would. Since the news earlier I have been thinking about being dead, about actually not wanting to live without her and I honestly don’t want to.
If things keep going the way they are then, although I may see the signs, I don’t think I would bother doing anything about it from a medical point of view and just more likely drink myself stupid before doing something more stupid.
I understand the implications of doing something like topping yourself to family, friends etc but really I don’t think I would care, why should I?
Theres also the other side of breaking up that in a few months/years/whatever she gets together with someone else and I am going to collect kids or she is and shes with someone else it would just hurt again. (we went through a split 10 years or so ago where she got together with someone after a couple of months and came to visit, I saw this other guy who waited at the car and was felt physically sick at the thought of my (at the time) fiancée with someone else before going inside and drinking a bottle of whiskey and passing out).
I know I probably wont get serious responses here but its a place to type and try and get some things out.
Sorry chaps |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kerr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kerr World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 May 2011 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:34 - 30 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Right so if this isnt a troll.
First of all get a grip of yourself, do you want to kill yourself? or is it to get attention from your wife?, you have kids ffs how selfish are you to contemplate taking there dad away, they need you.
Hate to break it to you but your marriage is over, she doesnt love you anymore and doesnt sound like she will again, these things happen, thats life, Although sounds like you'd be better off without her tbh, i have no respect at all for mothers (or fathers for that matter) that need to take a "break" from there kids, just completely selfish imo.
get yourself to the doctor your clearly slipping back into depression, for your kids sake, ask your wife if she would consider marriage counselling, if the answer is no then you break up, there is no other option you will feel better and meet someone, plenty fish in the sea and all that. ____________________ aprilia 125 Af1 Futura >> Suzuki gsxr 600 srad >> J1 zx6r >> cbr 600rr >> Speed Triple |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| waffles |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 waffles World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Oct 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WannaBeDude |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WannaBeDude World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Jul 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 23:49 - 30 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Beside having kids that you HAVE to be there for, you need to realise that MANY people are on their own, and in doing so come to realise how liberating it can be.
You have a life, one life, and can still live it and enjoy it at times.
Whilst you may not see it now, think about what you can do, besides ending it.
See the doc for more meds to help you sleep, be there for the kids, talk to the few close people besides her.
Don't make any conclusions, of a future that is yet to materialise.
Cut out the alcohol.
Do all the above, then report back after a week or two, aswell as listening to others on here.
Man punch tits gary of course.  ____________________ Jogging on, destination living. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dsb79 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dsb79 Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 13 Aug 2011 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Handsome |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Handsome World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Dec 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:59 - 30 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well...
I'm amazed at the sheer childishness of you both, you want to top yourself and she doesn't want responsability, you both need to pull your heads out of your arses and get a fucking grip...
As above, try councelling, if that's a no go or it doesn't work then you both have no choice but to finish the relationship, if it's not working chances are it never will, why put the kids through your insecurities, it will have an effect on them in the long run...
If she doesn't want to be in the relationship then so be it, but you can't make someone love you and trying to get her back whilst she's in this mindset may push her further away, a relationship at this stage has to follow it's natural course, even if that course is to it's end...
You have to be the stronger person for the sake of the kids, she'll either grow up at some point and want to see them or she wont, if she doesn't then no loss to the kids as a Mother that's not going to be there or be there and show no interest may aswell not be there at all...
Seriously, whatever has caused you in the past to feel like topping yourself you need forget about, you have responsabilities as a Father, do right by the kids first and foremost, the relationship will go where it goes, if it ends you'll get over it at some point and meet someone that is into you completely...
Kids First. ____________________ Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Artist |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Artist Super Spammer

Joined: 06 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WannaBeDude |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WannaBeDude World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Jul 2011 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| regular guy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 regular guy L Plate Warrior
Joined: 30 Jan 2012 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:12 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
I am reading your responses and they are actually making me feel better, I genuinely didnt expect to get responses of this calibre.
having tears in my eyes as I respond probably just shows what an idiot I really am and that there is more to this than just the relationship.
Dont get me wrong I still feel like shit but I am surprised that by just typing it out and reading your thoughts on my life is quite overwhelming.
I sincerely thank those that have taken the time to respond and if I could rate I would.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WannaBeDude |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WannaBeDude World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Jul 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:16 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Don't be shy in coming back to the thread until your on the mend.
These things take time, and no amount of words and encouragment will change it over night.
But regular perpective found, and a will to get menial things done in the mean time is whats needed.
Keep the roof over your head and food on the table, and other things will fall into place.
 ____________________ Jogging on, destination living. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paddy Blake |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paddy Blake World Chat Champion
Joined: 29 Jun 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:49 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
I seriously struggle to see how anyone can think their life is not worth living without X or Y woman, only exception being your mother, but that would pass as well, and is understandable.
Why should you care? Because you'll fuck your kids heads up for life probably, fuck knows what kind of psychological damage it will do to them, they'll blame themselves probably. Your wife already seems to have lost interest in them, so no support there....that's a poor prognosis if I ever saw one.
You won't be the first single dad, you certainly ain't gonna be the last, I understand you have mental issues of your own, but it's time to find those testicles of yours and soldier on. Stay away from the drinks cabinet.
GhostRider ____________________ I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ariel Badger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ariel Badger Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| st3v3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 st3v3 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:42 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Handsome's reply was pretty much my thoughts.
One thing that I do wonder, is, if you told her to get lost, (nicely), just go and be on her own for a while, say a couple of months then do you think it would help her?
There's 2 ways this goes:
1) she see's how you get on without her, you're struggling but not enough to make her think she carries any real weight in the relationship - that you can manage as a unit without her supporting it and she comes back in appreciation of her new found view.
2) she feels great, unsmothered and wants to stay this way. This is bad for you but only as long as you feel it has to be. You got kids to attend to, so has she. It's neither fair on them or family and freinds to do something stupid which leaves kids as the only victims.
Get a backbone, tell her to try being on her own for a bit then it's on your terms and if she's ready to be a part of the family once she's reached her senses then you'll give it another go.
Oh, and once a month get a sitter; call some mates and have a lads night in/out. Will do you the world of good.  ____________________ Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paddy Blake |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paddy Blake World Chat Champion
Joined: 29 Jun 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 01:48 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
| st3v3 wrote: | Handsome's reply was pretty much my thoughts.
One thing that I do wonder, is, if you told her to get lost, (nicely), just go and be on her own for a while, say a couple of months then do you think it would help her?
There's 2 ways this goes:
1) she see's how you get on without her, you're struggling but not enough to make her think she carries any real weight in the relationship - that you can manage as a unit without her supporting it and she comes back in appreciation of her new found view.
2) she feels great, unsmothered and wants to stay this way. This is bad for you but only as long as you feel it has to be. You got kids to attend to, so has she. It's neither fair on them or family and freinds to do something stupid which leaves kids as the only victims.
Get a backbone, tell her to try being on her own for a bit then it's on your terms and if she's ready to be a part of the family once she's reached her senses then you'll give it another go.
Oh, and once a month get a sitter; call some mates and have a lads night in/out. Will do you the world of good.  |
Sorry but that is total sh1t. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WannaBeDude |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WannaBeDude World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Jul 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 02:02 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yes, in this early stage, imo the OP is in need of simplistic thought processes, that enable him to carry on and function without overwhelming feelings.
In days or weeks to come, more specific ' choice's ' can be addressed, but for now, a little lift and kind words help.  ____________________ Jogging on, destination living. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TUG |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TUG World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 May 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 02:56 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sounds like you've got it bad there with the depression, your spirialing out of control atm, i've been there myself.
If you aren't on meds atm, get on them and get help thats your first major step! As for your wife, theres no other way of putting it mate, the flame you once had is starting to die, you could try gettin away with her away from the kids work etc, but i think you might find it's too late now, i know it seems tough but women come and go and is the reason i dont put my complete faith in them. the truth is you need to find your strength again, you've become weak depending on things other than yourself which is natural, of course it is.
Your kids need you to grow up propperly, i lost my dad to depression and although he might of thought it was the best way it has fucked me and my 2 brother's lives up the wall, we are pretty unstable thanks to it.
If you want to talk to me personally then pm me either with this account or your other one, thats upto you, but the first step to getting better is admittance. i've been in your kids shoes, i've loved and lost (all my relationships bar one have been years long) and i've got depression myself, certified and all that. ____________________ Haz ER-5, innit! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| st3v3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 st3v3 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 04:16 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Paddy Blake wrote: | | st3v3 wrote: | Handsome's reply was pretty much my thoughts.
One thing that I do wonder, is, if you told her to get lost, (nicely), just go and be on her own for a while, say a couple of months then do you think it would help her?
There's 2 ways this goes:
1) she see's how you get on without her, you're struggling but not enough to make her think she carries any real weight in the relationship - that you can manage as a unit without her supporting it and she comes back in appreciation of her new found view.
2) she feels great, unsmothered and wants to stay this way. This is bad for you but only as long as you feel it has to be. You got kids to attend to, so has she. It's neither fair on them or family and freinds to do something stupid which leaves kids as the only victims.
Get a backbone, tell her to try being on her own for a bit then it's on your terms and if she's ready to be a part of the family once she's reached her senses then you'll give it another go.
Oh, and once a month get a sitter; call some mates and have a lads night in/out. Will do you the world of good.  |
Sorry but that is total sh1t. | Which bit pads?
The bit where I state I wonder of those thoughts would help?
Or the bit I agree with Handsome and recommend a session a month with the lads?
Situations like this are shit, all round, it was something for the guy to consider as appropriate but being like that to me benefit's nobody. Wind ya neck in maybe?
I have absolutely no experience with depression and truth be told I honestly hope I never get any but I was trying to offer a little option from an outside view, mine is no less valid than yours since we're voting from the same perspective = not his. ____________________ Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 04:18 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
She didnt say she didnt love you, but she isnt in love with you. There is a difference. She may think she wants more from life than staying with someone she loves but isn't in love with.
I personally think, she needs to not throw things away. Maybe there are ways to inject a bit of extra something into the relationship. The problem is she will probably think this has to all come from you rather than from her too.
I think it's worth working on. If you cant convince her of that, you need to manage the changes, and how they affect your kids.
It may feel unbearable, but you have a responsibilty to your kids to keep it together.
Personally, I think mental health drugs replace one set of problems with another, but as a short term measure, to get you through a difficult time, they may be of help. Don't let anyone fill you with any bullshit that you need them long term as there is an imbalance in your brain, that's when people get fucked up on them. ____________________ colin1 is officially faster than god |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WannaBeDude |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WannaBeDude World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Jul 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 05:10 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have absolutely no experience with depression and truth be told I honestly hope I never get any but I was trying to offer a little option from an outside view, mine is no less valid than yours since we're voting from the same perspective = not his.
Why don't you STFU !  ____________________ Jogging on, destination living. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 09:21 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sounds pretty shitty, suffice to say if she wants time to herself, let her go. Give here a month of you not contacting her at all. Yes it hurts, but it gives you both time to sort your heads out and stop hurting. I don't believe you can just get over someone you've spent several years with in a few weeks. After that four weeks just have a no pressure meeting and see how it goes. ____________________ My Flickr |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:37 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym and buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alpha-9 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alpha-9 Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Jan 2012 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| st3v3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 st3v3 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:12 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
| colin1 wrote: | She didnt say she didnt love you, but she isnt in love with you. There is a difference. She may think she wants more from life than staying with someone she loves but isn't in love with.
I personally think, she needs to not throw things away. Maybe there are ways to inject a bit of extra something into the relationship. The problem is she will probably think this has to all come from you rather than from her too.
I think it's worth working on. If you cant convince her of that, you need to manage the changes, and how they affect your kids.
It may feel unbearable, but you have a responsibilty to your kids to keep it together.
Personally, I think mental health drugs replace one set of problems with another, but as a short term measure, to get you through a difficult time, they may be of help. Don't let anyone fill you with any bullshit that you need them long term as there is an imbalance in your brain, that's when people get fucked up on them. | For once I agree with what Colin said, except the bolded.
It's never fair on kids to stay together 'for their sake', they often get the brunt of shit bit of a parentship - I've seen this alot growing up, many of my freinds were subject to it and typically the families were better off after a split and they were free to be themselves and calm.
| Rogerborg wrote: | Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym and buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done. |
I swear if I had space for that in my sig...  ____________________ Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| angryjonny |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 angryjonny World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Sep 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 14 years, 257 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|