Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


ZX 6 2009 onwards

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

drzsta
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:33 - 03 Feb 2012    Post subject: ZX 6 2009 onwards Reply with quote

Literally about to buy an Unregistered 2011 Zx6, everything I've heard about them seems to be great!
Anybody rode one?

Insurance is coming up 1700 fc With no security (1200 with datatag & cat 1)so I'm gonna have to go with £800 tpft for the meantime.[/list]
____________________
Current Bikes - BMW S1000RR ‘17 & KTM 690 SMC-R ‘12
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:03 - 03 Feb 2012    Post subject: Re: ZX 6 2009 onwards Reply with quote

drzsta wrote:
Insurance is coming up 1700 fc With no security (1200 with datatag & cat 1)so I'm gonna have to go with £800 tpft for the meantime.[/list]


Where do you live? Beirut?
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

drzsta
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:15 - 03 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha yea, feels like it!

20, 2NCB, 2Claims = anal rape
____________________
Current Bikes - BMW S1000RR ‘17 & KTM 690 SMC-R ‘12
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:18 - 03 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

drzsta wrote:
Haha yea, feels like it!

20, 2NCB, 2Claims = anal rape


Fook.

They're meant to be pretty mega (Showa BPF are meant to be epic), but the new GSXR600 is meant to be better. I've not ridden one, but keep meaning to get a test ride.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

fozzym
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:58 - 03 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the reviews I've read the Kawa is a top bike and only slightly behind the Triumph 675 on the rideability stakes but then you night not be into a triple.

The kawa is also the most advanced and upto date 600 on the market at the mo. The R6 and GSXR are lagging behind these days so I don't know where the poster that thinks the GSXR is better gets his info from.

At the end of the day ridden in isolation all the current 600's/600ish's are fantastic bikes and I don't think you'd be dissapointed whatever you chose.

I'm a kawa man and my next new bike will definatly be a ZX6R unless I come into some cash and then its a kawa and a MV !!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

drzsta
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:05 - 03 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right, they're close performance wise - the price clinched it for me. 2011 ninja unregistered under 7k can't go wrong.
____________________
Current Bikes - BMW S1000RR ‘17 & KTM 690 SMC-R ‘12
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:16 - 03 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a brand new 7k bike on TPFT is utter madness.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

drzsta
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:41 - 03 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep looking around for quotes, I can stomach £1200 but ill need to get security sorted first! Don't really see the point of fc, I always fix bikes myself anyway, if I bin it on a track day - would never claim on insurance.

My 09 KTM isn't even insured, if that got nicked or got burned to shit when the garage caught fire, I would loose three and a half grand. Never use on the road though.

Would be ideal if I could get them on a multi bike policy, have to do more delving...
____________________
Current Bikes - BMW S1000RR ‘17 & KTM 690 SMC-R ‘12
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:20 - 04 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonnyBrago wrote:
Having a brand new 7k bike on TPFT is utter madness.


Years ago I thought that wasnt allowed, but I guess if thres no finance involved its only the owners loss.

On the other hand £7k for a 600cc bike is utter madness, when something like a 2006 will have the same perfromance (marginally) and be cheaper on the insurance!

BUT.... Im a big fan of 'do what makes you happy' so al the best in whatever you choose! Thumbs Up
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:14 - 04 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Villers wrote:
DonnyBrago wrote:
Having a brand new 7k bike on TPFT is utter madness.


Years ago I thought that wasnt allowed, but I guess if thres no finance involved its only the owners loss.

On the other hand £7k for a 600cc bike is utter madness, when something like a 2006 will have the same perfromance (marginally) and be cheaper on the insurance!

BUT.... Im a big fan of 'do what makes you happy' so al the best in whatever you choose! Thumbs Up


Depends on the finance agreement, not all of them are secured on the bike.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bennybroadbea...
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:23 - 04 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a ZX6R and I love it! Great bike, performance handling etc.

I pay £184 FC and I'm 29 - Have you tried the usual insurance comparison sites like MCN>?
____________________
Current Ride: Kwak ZX6R in Black!
Previous whores: KTM Superduke - CBR600RR5 - CBR600RR3 - Triumph TT600 - Derbi Senda!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

drzsta
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:10 - 04 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havnt tried MCN actually! Cheers
____________________
Current Bikes - BMW S1000RR ‘17 & KTM 690 SMC-R ‘12
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MattEMulsion
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:09 - 04 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

drzsta wrote:
Literally about to buy an Unregistered 2011 Zx6...

...so I'm gonna have to go with £800 tpft for the meantime

drzsta wrote:
20, 2NCB, 2Claims = anal rape

Does any one else see what I see? Its going to end in tears... Rolling Eyes
____________________
Yamaha YZF-R6
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stonesie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:17 - 04 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rode one on a Kawasaki day last year, at the time I had my SV and they were night and day (obviously) the Kwaker was like a missile above 8K, suspension and seat were definitely firm but it felt a lot more controled than the SV and I trusted the bike almost instantly.
The one thing that supprised me was that it was a little harder to turn than the SV, I put that down to the steering damper... The howel it makes approaching 17K is as addictive as the shove of the acceleration. I didn't get long enough in the saddle to really judge it's comfort, though my friend who rode it before me said it absolutly killed her wrists and back (she's used to a Bandit, much more sit-up-and-beg than my SV).


MattEMulsion wrote:

Does any one else see what I see? Its going to end in tears... Rolling Eyes


More likely a hedge, the brakes are awesom but they can't quite bend the laws of physics Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:54 - 04 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

2009 models are the same I think, go for one of those as it will have already taken the depreciation hit
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Spit-Fire
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:46 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

rac3r wrote:
2009 models are the same I think, go for one of those as it will have already taken the depreciation hit


used low low mile 09 bikes are about 5k, and as its identical to a brand new one, bar the number on the plate it makes more sense to do as rac3r suggested

fozzym wrote:
According to the reviews I've read the Kawa is a top bike and only slightly behind the Triumph 675 on the rideability stakes but then you night not be into a triple.

The kawa is also the most advanced and upto date 600 on the market at the mo. The R6 and GSXR are lagging behind these days so I don't know where the poster that thinks the GSXR is better gets his info from.


every 600 shoot out iv seen since the new GSXR came out has it as class king (not to say it actually is), id hazard a guess the poster (ham) gathered it from that

also the R6's variable inlets, ride by wire etc would probably make it the most "advanced", the kwaks usp is its forks which the GSXR's (600/750/1000) also have and as well as Honda's hew blade
____________________
they say the good die young... i say we just live faster
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

drzsta
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:25 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple on pistonheads for 4.6k Laughing sweet.
____________________
Current Bikes - BMW S1000RR ‘17 & KTM 690 SMC-R ‘12
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Aikman666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:29 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mate of mine had the 636B1 which I managed to wangle a shot on. Scary quick bikes! Im not sure if its the same still but the suspension on the thing was absolutely fucking SOLID.

However when he got it set up properly for his weight he said it felt like a completely different bike. So my advice is if you are going to spend that amount on a new bike, put some aside to have it set up properly Karma

PS. 4000th post Dance!
____________________
Will work for petrol
My Design Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lihp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:08 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

fozzym wrote:
The R6 and GSXR are lagging behind these days so I don't know where the poster that thinks the GSXR is better gets his info from.


If you're going to put a poster down, for their opinion and write your own OPINION AS FACTS, then please back it up.

If you are unable to back your opinion up with facts, then your "information" is just as valuable as Ham, saying that the GSX-R is the better bike.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dilyan
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:42 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

At these insurance prices I'd do more shopping around. I'm a man with a relatively small income so if I could save a £100 by spending 2-3 hours on the 0800 numbers - I would. Then waste it on petrol!
Tbh, I was happy with the quotes major price comparison sites gave me (the lowest prices on all were the same to the penny, same insurer). Then I spent an hour ringing the major insurers and ended up from paying 450 TFPT to 235FC with European Breakdown. I mean ... well worth the time I think!
____________________
Current: 2007 VFR800; Ex: 2001 YZF600R Thundercat
Škoda Octavia (yes, a taxi driver)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bennybroadbea...
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:19 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did the insurance quote come back like in the end of the comparison sites?

2009 are the same through to the current 2012 model.
____________________
Current Ride: Kwak ZX6R in Black!
Previous whores: KTM Superduke - CBR600RR5 - CBR600RR3 - Triumph TT600 - Derbi Senda!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

fozzym
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:18 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilDawson827...

Why are you trying to cause trouble? I wasn't putting anyone down. My information was gleaned from MCN, Ride Mag, some american shootout on youtube ect ect. Now if i'm wrong or out of date then I'm more than happy to stand corrected.

If you look at the original comment about the GSXR then I don't think you'll find any evidence to back up that statement either.

Also if you read my post in full I go on to say that current crop are all fantastic bikes. I also mention I'm a Kawasaki man so that would give a hint as to which way my tendancies go.

Apologies to anyone else that was offended by my previous post.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 243 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.34 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 117.14 Kb