Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


A* Fastback boots, any users here?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Shaft
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Dec 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:22 - 04 Feb 2012    Post subject: A* Fastback boots, any users here? Reply with quote

Basically, I'm after a convenience boot, that I can wear on the commute, then leave on to walk about the workshop and drive cars all day.

These boots look like they might do the job, but do they last and are they comfortable to wear, all day long?

Also, as I'm going to be ordering on the netz, how do A* sizes come up, small, normal or large?

Ta in advance Thumbs Up
____________________
Things get better with age; I'm close to being magnificent........
20 RE Interceptor, 83 Z1100A3, 83 GS650 Katana
WooHoo, I'm a Man Point Millionaire! https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=234035
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UKRedwing
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 16 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:33 - 04 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got pair of TCX X-Squares and Furygan Gene Sympatex for nowt from a supplier and they fit the bill for what you require, probably cost less than alpinestars overpriced stuff..

Edit: Just checked I've got the X-cubes not X-Squares Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:47 - 04 Feb 2012    Post subject: Re: A* Fastback boots, any users here? Reply with quote

Presume you're aware of non-bike options; but I like my goretex army boots. I've crashed in these and the non-goretex versions and they've done me fine. Have used them off-roading before too and while certainly not up to the Tech 10s I have now, they still did ok.

Get reasonable life out of them. Pretty much live in them.
They are fairly stiff/hard to start with, but you do get used to them.
The goretex version has a little softer sole.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:30 - 04 Feb 2012    Post subject: Re: A* Fastback boots, any users here? Reply with quote

G wrote:
goretex army boots.


+1, these are essentially all I wear now.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaft
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Dec 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:11 - 04 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Army boots are not at all what I'm after chaps, I need something more like a training shoe.

UKRW, those Furygan boots look OK and are cheaper, the TCX model is a bit too chunky and only a tenner less than the A*s.
____________________
Things get better with age; I'm close to being magnificent........
20 RE Interceptor, 83 Z1100A3, 83 GS650 Katana
WooHoo, I'm a Man Point Millionaire! https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=234035
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

whitedevil
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:42 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try looking at motorcycle paddock boots
____________________
GPZ500 sold ~ CBR600FS-2 sold ~ ZX6R sold ~ Street Triple R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jim Mc
Nearly there...



Joined: 28 Dec 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:06 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be wrong but for 80 notes I can't see them offering you much more protection than a pair of leather trainers.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:14 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidi streetburners and sidi slash' may be worth a look too/
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaft
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Dec 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:19 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Mc wrote:
I might be wrong but for 80 notes I can't see them offering you much more protection than a pair of leather trainers.


They do have some built in armour/safety features and they're waterproof, which is important if I want to wear them all day.
____________________
Things get better with age; I'm close to being magnificent........
20 RE Interceptor, 83 Z1100A3, 83 GS650 Katana
WooHoo, I'm a Man Point Millionaire! https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=234035
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:05 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waterproof socks (e.g. Sealskinz) + any boots then.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:23 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
They do have some built in armour/safety features and they're waterproof, which is important if I want to wear them all day.


They have about as many armour safety features and are as waterproof as any other waterproof trainers ie not much. Of course they don't last. They are as crap and badly made as every other branded cheap bike trainer and are meant for wearing on a Saturday afternoon in a racing paddock in the summer sun and the occasional accident with an inch deep puddle, thats why they are 'paddock' style.

If you want waterproof boots that can be used on the bike, while driving and for all day use then buy a set of pro boots. Alternatively if you want a pair of Alpinestar Fastbacks then buy a pair.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 244 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.37 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 69.59 Kb