 ProXimaCore Dougal

Joined: 01 May 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:24 - 26 Sep 2004 Post subject: Fuel Filter |
 |
|
Silly question probably. But What is the fuel filter, where can I find it and how do I check to see if it needs cleaned? I'm guessing it's in the petrol tap on the tank but I'm not sure exactly what it consists of, or what I should do to clean it.
Help appreciated.  ____________________ Honda NSR125R -> Suzuki GSXR400R GK76a -> Kawasaki ZX636 B1H -> Honda CBR400RR NC29 -> Nothing  |
|
 roozor Scooby Slapper

Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:07 - 26 Sep 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
i think, well on my old dt50, it was this little piece of plastic that was connected onto the fuel pipe that came from the tank, and then went down to the carb
This little plasctic thingermijigger was like a siv, it filtered out any impurities in the fuel like say, sand grains, or little tiny bits of dirt.
Follow the fuel line when it comes out of the tank, you'll find it!
hope this helps and i didnt just sound like a moron, i could be wrong  |
|
 Retro-Man Traffic Copper

Joined: 21 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:12 - 26 Sep 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
could also be on the fuel tap
a bowl type device that has to be unscrewed
the bowl collects sediment and there should be a guaze in there to ____________________ https://domharnessphotography.webs.com |
|