 Pete. Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:55 - 18 Mar 2012 Post subject: Mobile phone tariff calculator |
 |
|
No idea if anyone is interested but I'll put it here since I made it anyway. My wife wants a new mobile but she has an older tariff which has a lot of unlimited stuff that's not offered, so I wanted a way of comparing the cost of buying a phone against upgrading to a new tariff and getting a phone with it. To do this, I compiled this little spreadsheet. You put your current monthly tariff cost in the red box and then input the cost and minutes of the phones you're interested in, and it lets you easily compare the total cost over time. Because she tends to keep her phones a long time I've also added in two columns to work out the cost of staying on the tariff past upgrade time.
Anyway, if anyone finds it useful, please post up in the thread. It's in xls format so you need excel or openoffice calc to open it. Currently it's filled in with the cost of some popular phones on o2. ____________________ a.k.a 'Geri'
132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good  |
|