 TiN Pocket Tin

Joined: 14 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:17 - 27 Sep 2004 Post subject: Draining old petrol from injectors... |
 |
|
Ok, so the CBR has been standing in my garage since February. According to the fuel gauge, there's almost a full tank, so that's a bit annoying, but I'm not worried about that...
What I would like know is whether fuel injectors suffer from the same problems as carbs? Will they be all gunky now?
Should I drain the old petrol from the tank, put in a little new petrol plus some of that Redex stuff?
Cheers, ____________________ TiN
dotgems.net |
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
 TiN Pocket Tin

Joined: 14 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:47 - 27 Sep 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
How come I knew that you'd be the first/only one to reply?
Yeah, I'm only paranoid about the fuel from what I've heard, and not from personal experience. If you think that it'll be ok, then I'll just leave it as it is. Ta. ____________________ TiN
dotgems.net |
|
 stryker Brolly Dolly

Joined: 30 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:50 - 27 Sep 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Probably more a gamble really. I'd imagine most the poop gets flushed through, only causing an issue should it managed to collect in a bottle neck such as in the needle..... Mostly guess work here  |
|