 Nath World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:38 - 28 Sep 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Yokogeri wrote: | I've just got a quote from xpgroup (0800 072 0691) spoke to a bloke and got quoted £325 a year (tpo) with legal cover and breakdown cover!! |
I reckon you can get it down a bit more, if you haven't already signed up.
I'm also 18, and and passed my CBT this month. My CG125 is a 51 plate, but i wouldn't have thought it would make too much difference for TPO. I got a quote for £250 from Honda insurance, don't know if that included legal or anything. "Bikerline Direct" gave me £245 including Legal. But i went with CIA, who gave me £235 inc Legal.
I initially had Breakdown cover as well for £30, but when i got off the phone my dad asked if this included home recovery. I ended up cancelling the breakdown cover as it didn't. You might want to check that if you're not already sure. I think CIA wanted £80 for breakdown inc. home recovery - I think you might be able to get them to chuck off a tenner though, if you haggle.
I got ~20 quotes, and i think it was deffinately worth it. It took 10 companies before i got it from £360 to £310, then another couple of quotes to get a £250. Don't get disheartened by the first few quotes you get, as some of them are just taking the piss. ____________________ Hard livin', hard luck. |
|
 Dru2000d Nova Slayer
Joined: 08 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:51 - 28 Sep 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
try this one https://www.biketeam.co.uk/ I was being quoted £1200 for a 125cc in Bristol from CIA ect. I got a quote from them and finally took out insurance for £284 TPFT with an excess of £250, all legal fees included.
check it out, i'm happy as larry with mine!!  |
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
|
 8316 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 08 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:45 - 28 Sep 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
before i could start riding my gs125 (03 plate), i was constantly checking the net at school for quotes. motorcycle direct sent me a letter through the post with a decent quote of £300 compared to the stupid prices of bennetts of over £700.
i then tried bike team.co.uk a few times with different bikes and options(ahem ) and eventually they stopped emailing me my quotes, and they were 50 quid cheaper than everyone!
ah, well. went back to m.direct and got quoted £340 but i was limited to 2999 miles. i covered that in half the time
should be ok though? ____________________ Now own a Fireblade!! Speed Limits? Bah! |
|