 fmertens L Plate Warrior
Joined: 02 Apr 2012 Karma : 
|
|
 Frost World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:14 - 02 Apr 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Are you re-registering it as a UK bike?
You will need to put it through an SVA test.
You will need a UK spec headlight.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/harley-davidson-883-1200-sportster-2002-wiring-loom-complete-headlight-/140716268090?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item20c357da3a#ht_552wt_1164
Are they standard exhausts? they look noisey, you might have to get a set of standard pipes if they are loud.
I imagine your indicators are always on and then flash when you use them. You may have to get that changed. I'm not entirely sure what an SVA entails but I imagine it is a tougher MOT test.
Here is a definition of the criteria your bike has to meet.
https://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/MSVA%202010%20.pdf
Have a read through it has see what you think.
It could be a case that all you have to do is replace the headlight.
I know a good mechanic in the Upminster area (15 miles east of London) He is very trustworthy and I take all my bikes to him. PM me if you want his number.
I'm not sure he will know what is entailed on an SVA but he can easily change your headlight/exhausts over.
You may also have to get a proof of age certificate from Harley, that should just involve giving them the VIN and them printing off a bit of paper. ____________________ Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything. |
|