Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


RXS100 Clutch Siezed?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

johnsmith222
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:37 - 02 Apr 2012    Post subject: RXS100 Clutch Siezed? Reply with quote

Hi guys.

The clutch on my RXS has siezed due to it sitting up for a good few months. I am no stranger to working on clutches on my ZZR but I'm not really sure about the rxs100.

How would I go about unsiezing the clutch? the clutch cable is just stretching when I grab it.

I don't even know what side the clutch basket is on as the haynes manual is terrible. The clutch cable goes down into the engine at the side of the gear shifter and doesn't seem to have an adjuster for the cable at the engine.

Thank you for any help guys.

(p.s. whoever decided it's a good idea to use phillips head bolts for the engine is an idiot. Not to mention the person that has been in there before rounding them all off. Laughing )

EDIT: it seems the clutch is on the right hand side of the bike. I find it weird that the clutch cable enters the engine at the left side though?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

johnsmith222
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:05 - 02 Apr 2012    Post subject: Re: RXS100 Clutch Siezed? Reply with quote

BLUEX5 wrote:
bluezedd wrote:

EDIT: it seems the clutch is on the right hand side of the bike. I find it weird that the clutch cable enters the engine at the left side though?


You are shitting me?

Anyway, you need to take the left hand cover off first and check the worm drive that moves the pushrod isn't seized. If the plates were seized together you'd stil be able to pull the lever ok.


I'm not 100% as the workshop manual I found online (not the haynes I was initially looking at) is for an RX100 which is apparently practially the same bike but could be different.

I'm no stranger to working on clutches, but I only have experience with clutches with an adjuster at the engine and a clutch actuating rod. Like the ones found on zzr 600's, gpz 500s, CG125s etc.

I don't have old 2 stroke experience.

Thanks for the help. I'm 90% sure you have sussed the problem. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 188 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 1.44 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 37.64 Kb