Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


What would you expect to pay for insurance on a 600cc?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Benno
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:38 - 01 Jun 2012    Post subject: What would you expect to pay for insurance on a 600cc? Reply with quote

I'm looking to buy a Yamaha Fazer after I pass my test. So I've done some insurance quotes.

Currently I pay £360/year for MCE insurance.

Cheapest quote for myself (21 year old male, no NCBs) on a fazer 600 was £240, from Swinton.

I find this hard to believe....there's got to be a catch, surely? In fact several of the quotes were below what I pay currently for my YBR. I feel gutted.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bomberman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:50 - 01 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Rated on the bike to an extent, and it seems people crash 125's and are young oddly Very Happy
____________________
'Allo! My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!
'89 TZR 125 - '94 GPZ500s - ZK3 GSXR600 Alstare Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Redoko
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:52 - 01 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid £294 TPFT this year for my 2001 plate Hornet.

Which is fcuking great considering I have 1 NCB and a £8,000 claim against me.
____________________
"Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:53 - 01 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid £290 odd with Swinton on my Hornet when I was a new rider with 0 NCB, at 22. Yours sounds about right to me Wink
____________________
Triumph Daytona 675 track bike + girlfriend's Honda Hornet 600
Selling a hack/winter bike for less than a grand? PM me.
Banger rallies are ace
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Aka Matt
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 15 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:40 - 02 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a very good quote. I paid £450 for my GSXR 600 with 2 years ncb, £760 for my Tuono R last year with 3 years NCB and is looking like £1100 this year for the Tuono R (at the age of 23).
____________________
Current bike(s): 2016 Tuono 1100 Factory, 1998 Hornet 600
Previous: 1998 YZF600R Thundercat, 2001 Bandit 600, 2002 GSX-R 600 K2, 2011 Tuono R, 2013 Z1000SX
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Derivative
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:51 - 03 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends very much on the bike. '600cc' is too broad a category.

On a modern CBR, R6, GSXR etc, my quotes are over £1000.
On a Diversion 650, less than £200.

The fact that you're actually looking at buying something reasonable goes in your favour.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

fireyphoenix1...
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 31 Dec 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:31 - 03 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSX750F 23 years old license held a day when i got the insurance 0 NCB £180 + 40 for my finance as i didnt have the 180 spare at the time lmao.
____________________
2014 Aprillia dorsoduro 750 factory.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sako
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:59 - 03 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems a good quote to be honest.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaane
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:02 - 03 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

20
4 Years NCB
2005 ZX6R
MCE - £300 FC
____________________
EMRA Roadstock #92 - Paperwork Permitted.
Previous: 1992 DT125R
Current: ~ 2005 ZX6R C1H
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Red Devil
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:06 - 03 Jun 2012    Post subject: Re: What would you expect to pay for insurance on a 600cc? Reply with quote

Benno wrote:
I'm looking to buy a Yamaha Fazer after I pass my test.


O' rly?

Mine's for sale. Wink
____________________
Thundersport Pre-National Sport 600 2014 #92
EMRA Roadstock 600 2013 - 3rd
www.facebook.com/MattJohnstonRacing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaane
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:09 - 03 Jun 2012    Post subject: Re: What would you expect to pay for insurance on a 600cc? Reply with quote

Red Devil wrote:


Mine's for sale. Wink


Never been tracked or wheelied, 1 careful owner xD
____________________
EMRA Roadstock #92 - Paperwork Permitted.
Previous: 1992 DT125R
Current: ~ 2005 ZX6R C1H
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

allotriophagy
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 28 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:12 - 03 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

2004 CBR600F, TPFT, garaged, 1 year NCB, £190 with £400 excess.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Red Devil
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:14 - 03 Jun 2012    Post subject: Re: What would you expect to pay for insurance on a 600cc? Reply with quote

Shaane wrote:
Red Devil wrote:


Mine's for sale. Wink


Never been tracked or wheelied, 1 careful owner xD


Shh Laughing

It's been ridden properly...but looked after at the same time.
____________________
Thundersport Pre-National Sport 600 2014 #92
EMRA Roadstock 600 2013 - 3rd
www.facebook.com/MattJohnstonRacing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

johnnyarctic
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:56 - 03 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was in the same situation and i was getting quoutes around 400 for a fazer. didnt got for it in the end though. got a gs500 to tide me over for a while and pay 180. im 26 and keep it in a car park.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cromwell
Traffic Copper



Joined: 07 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:32 - 03 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a new quote as mine runs out next week.

23
1 year NCB
Bandit 600
Garaged
London
£250

I think it's with Hastings.
____________________
"unbelievable"
Current - Suzuki Bandit 600
Ex's - Yamaha YBR 125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Benno
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:32 - 03 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm looking for an FZS600 Fazer to be precise, since I like the look of them and they're not much more expensive than the YBR I just bought. Is yours the FZS600?

I'm a bit pissed off that I pay more for the YBR's insurance than I could do for an FZS600. And the next hurdle is asking MCE to upgrade my insurance from the YBR to the Fazer since like the idiot I am I bought a year's insurance thinking I would want to ride the YBR and nothing else for a whole year. My indecisiveness costs me a lot of money sometimes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Red Devil
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:00 - 03 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is the FZ6 '04 model.

Can I not tempt you with this... Wink

https://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t468/RedDevil92/462683_10150755050336221_611421220_12108619_1535475960_o.jpg
____________________
Thundersport Pre-National Sport 600 2014 #92
EMRA Roadstock 600 2013 - 3rd
www.facebook.com/MattJohnstonRacing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Benno
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:09 - 03 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha possibly. I'm obviously going to do some shopping around, plus I'm away all summer until the end of september, not to mention I've got to pass my test and I've only booked theory test so far (next wednesday, though I want to do DAS ASAP before I go away at the end of the month).

If you're STILL trying to sell it by October...then possibly Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Red Devil
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:22 - 03 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benno wrote:
Haha possibly. I'm obviously going to do some shopping around, plus I'm away all summer until the end of september, not to mention I've got to pass my test and I've only booked theory test so far (next wednesday, though I want to do DAS ASAP before I go away at the end of the month).

If you're STILL trying to sell it by October...then possibly Laughing


Ah fair enough! It will be gone this month so no worries!
____________________
Thundersport Pre-National Sport 600 2014 #92
EMRA Roadstock 600 2013 - 3rd
www.facebook.com/MattJohnstonRacing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

0l0dom0l0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:22 - 06 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
my renewals coming in at about £240 for a 99' fzs600 with 2 years no claims at 19

can insure a divvy for like 100 quid


You're a bastard.
____________________
CBT Passed: 30/08/2009, Theory Passed: 31/08/2010, Mod 1 Passed: 6/9/2010, Mod 2 Passed: 13/09/2010. Restriction ended 13/09/2012.

Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Red Devil
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:25 - 06 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

0l0dom0l0 wrote:
You're a bastard.


+1

Laughing
____________________
Thundersport Pre-National Sport 600 2014 #92
EMRA Roadstock 600 2013 - 3rd
www.facebook.com/MattJohnstonRacing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:30 - 06 Jun 2012    Post subject: Re: What would you expect to pay for insurance on a 600cc? Reply with quote

Benno wrote:
What would you expect to pay for insurance on a 600cc?.


My bike is a 650cc and I paid £75 this year... Cool
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paris2
Nearly there...



Joined: 10 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 06 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid £168 this year.

24, year no claims on an SV. With an additional rider and all mods declared (even heated grips). It seemed whatever I did to the quote it didn't change the price. Laughing
____________________
Current Ride: Daytona 600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JP7
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:01 - 06 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

£70 TPFT with Bennetts this year on my FZ6, 2005 model, age 27 with 3 years NCB.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 122 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.64 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 127.05 Kb