Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Suzuki GSF 400 Bandit - Won't start

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Capey
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:32 - 10 Jun 2012    Post subject: Suzuki GSF 400 Bandit - Won't start Reply with quote

I recently bought this bike as a non runner. I've been trying to get it started but haven't had any luck so far. I've checked that I have spark at all the plugs and the firing order is correct. I've removed the carbs to clean and inspect. I found the float levels were out of spec and have adjusted according to workshop manual. I found two poorly seated rubber Diaphrams at top of the carb and have managed to seat them properly.
I've blocked the vacuum pipe which goes to the fuel tank and have fed fuel manually into the fuel supply pipe using a funnel. The sidestand is up and the engine stop is in the run position, yet nothing.
Any ideas?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 120 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.74 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 27.21 Kb