|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Trevor |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Trevor Derestricted Danger

Joined: 06 Jun 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:55 - 13 Jun 2012 Post subject: How to register my TS 125? / Greenlaning |
 |
|
Hey guys, I have recently bought a Suzuki TS 125cc, I think it may be the 90's model? Disc at the front Drum at the back,
Anyway, I know this has previously been a road bike, I need to get the log books and get this on a daytime MOT just so i can get out and about in the countryside, Firstly, What does this need to pass a MOT ( Daytime)
I cannot find the frame number on this bike anywhere, can i use the engine number?? Do i just call the DVLA and ask them for a form?
As you can tell i am new to all this kind of thing so any help you can offer would be great  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Teflon-Mike |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Teflon-Mike tl;dr

Joined: 01 Jun 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:01 - 14 Jun 2012 Post subject: Re: How to register my TS 125? / Greenlaning |
 |
|
| Trevor wrote: | Hey guys, I have recently bought a Suzuki TS 125cc, I think it may be the 90's model? Disc at the front Drum at the back,
Anyway, I know this has previously been a road bike, I need to get the log books and get this on a daytime MOT just so i can get out and about in the countryside, Firstly, What does this need to pass a MOT ( Daytime)
I cannot find the frame number on this bike anywhere, can i use the engine number?? Do i just call the DVLA and ask them for a form?
As you can tell i am new to all this kind of thing so any help you can offer would be great  |
Stripped down trail bike without numbers, sold as a 'field-bike'.... have you not WONDERED why its not ON the road, and doesn't already HAVE a number-plate?
You would need to go to a VOSA centre for ident check to get it registered.....
Whether you would get a registration plate, or cautioned for recieving stolen goods... your guess.
Got any paperwork to say its been through salvage auction, as stolen recovered?
If so, frame no will have been removed to PREVENT it being re-reg'd for road use, or if not, its stolen 'un-recovered'....
frame number is pretty crucial to the matter here.... I am afraid ____________________ My Webby'Tef's-tQ, loads of stuff about my bikes, my Land-Rovers, and the stuff I do with them!
Current Bikes:'Honda VF1000F' ;'CB750F2N' ;'CB125TD ( 6 3 of em!)'; 'Montesa Cota 248'. Learner FAQ's:= 'U want to Ride a Motorbike! Where Do U start?' |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blau Zedong |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Blau Zedong Banned

Joined: 26 Jun 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:56 - 14 Jun 2012 Post subject: Re: How to register my TS 125? / Greenlaning |
 |
|
| Trevor wrote: | Hey guys, I have recently bought a Suzuki TS 125cc, I think it may be the 90's model? Disc at the front Drum at the back,
Anyway, I know this has previously been a road bike, I need to get the log books and get this on a daytime MOT just so i can get out and about in the countryside, Firstly, What does this need to pass a MOT ( Daytime)
I cannot find the frame number on this bike anywhere, can i use the engine number?? Do i just call the DVLA and ask them for a form?
As you can tell i am new to all this kind of thing so any help you can offer would be great  |
It's stolen, probably never recovered. 125 trail bikes never make it onto field any other way IMHO. ____________________ 18:54:48 Rob Fzs: jews don't give away stuff for free
18:54:59 Rob Fzs: unless its their clothes/ hair/ golden teeth |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Trevor |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Trevor Derestricted Danger

Joined: 06 Jun 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Teflon-Mike |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Teflon-Mike tl;dr

Joined: 01 Jun 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cb1rocket |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cb1rocket World Chat Champion
Joined: 30 Jan 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Trevor |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Trevor Derestricted Danger

Joined: 06 Jun 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:57 - 16 Jun 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| _Iain_ |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 _Iain_ Banned

Joined: 01 Feb 2012 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:17 - 16 Jun 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Or you could just buy a frame with v5 off ebay and swap everything over... ____________________ Please be aware that the above post may be full of complete nonsense.
Riding: '07 KTM Duke II, Baotian BT49QT-20 Driving: '88 Volvo 340 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Trevor |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Trevor Derestricted Danger

Joined: 06 Jun 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 14 years, 108 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|