Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Passed my theory Aged 39 !

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

jeddy11
Traffic Copper



Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:52 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Passed my theory Aged 39 ! Reply with quote

Well i passed my motorcycle theory never done one of these before strange how you always get a question you have never seen or heard of ??

You see a man with a white stick with a red band ?

I guessed deaf and blind but hey is anyone going to notice that as you ride past on a bike ??

lol
____________________
Fuelly My Z1000SX
cbt 06/08/11 mod1 (second go) 01/08/12 mod2 21/09/12
Varadero Viking YBR125>Varadero125>ER6F>Z1000SX !!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Billo63
Crazy Courier



Joined: 02 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:57 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Re: Passed my theory Aged 39 ! Reply with quote

jeddy11 wrote:
Well i passed my motorcycle theory never done one of these before strange how you always get a question you have never seen or heard of ??

You see a man with a white stick with a red band ?

I guessed deaf and blind but hey is anyone going to notice that as you ride past on a bike ??

lol


I dread to think of the consequences if you didn't!

Well done on theory - keep going Wink
____________________
I might not be a gynecologist, but I know a cunt when I see one
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thepuma
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:12 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done.

I'm 38 and I passed mine Saturday. It was easier than I thought. The hazard perception part is a joke really, its more just a computer game than any real relevance in the real world.

What scores did you get?
____________________
YBR125 (SOLD) - CBR250R(SOLD) - CBR650F(SOLD) Current - Street Triple
765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:15 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Re: Passed my theory Aged 39 ! Reply with quote

jeddy11 wrote:
Well i passed my motorcycle theory never done one of these before strange how you always get a question you have never seen or heard of ??

You see a man with a white stick with a red band ?

I guessed deaf and blind but hey is anyone going to notice that as you ride past on a bike ??

"Frail" unless it says otherwise. Good job on the pass, now you can forget it all. Thumbs Up
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kradmelder
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:18 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Re: Passed my theory Aged 39 ! Reply with quote

jeddy11 wrote:
Well i passed my motorcycle theory never done one of these before strange how you always get a question you have never seen or heard of ??

You see a man with a white stick with a red band ?

I guessed deaf and blind but hey is anyone going to notice that as you ride past on a bike ??

lol


You will. You try and notice everything, especially moving objects that may be unaware and step out in front of you, like elderly, kids, women on cellphones, looking in the mirror, smoking, talking, playing with music or their faces, old men with hats driving, taxis


The more aware, the safer you are.

Congrats. Hopefully you get your licence soon and get on 2 wheels Thumbs Up
____________________
2011 KTM 990 Dakar
2009 BMW 1200 GS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpha-9
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:40 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Re: Passed my theory Aged 39 ! Reply with quote

jeddy11 wrote:
Well i passed my motorcycle theory never done one of these before strange how you always get a question you have never seen or heard of ??

You see a man with a white stick with a red band ?

I guessed deaf and blind but hey is anyone going to notice that as you ride past on a bike ??

lol


Yeah those were one of the new questions I think, that nearly caught me out!
It came up twice on my test!

Rogerborg wrote:
jeddy11 wrote:
Well i passed my motorcycle theory never done one of these before strange how you always get a question you have never seen or heard of ??

You see a man with a white stick with a red band ?

I guessed deaf and blind but hey is anyone going to notice that as you ride past on a bike ??

"Frail" unless it says otherwise. Good job on the pass, now you can forget it all. Thumbs Up

Borgy the multiple choice answers were something like "A: Deaf" "B: Blind" "C: Walker" "D: Deaf and blind"
____________________
Fzr-600 1999
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cadbury
Crazy Courier



Joined: 05 Oct 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:53 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Re: Passed my theory Aged 39 ! Reply with quote

Alpha-9 wrote:


Borgy the multiple choice answers were something like "A: Deaf" "B: Blind" "C: Walker" "D: Deaf and blind"


Walker?! as in what they call zombies in the walking dead?!

The answer is definitely deaf and blind, congratulations OP!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jeddy11
Traffic Copper



Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:12 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update the scores i got was 45/50 and 61/75 not too shabby Smile

I been riding for a year on a YBR / Varadero quite happy poodling around commuting was going just do restrictive licence to get rid of L plates and take a pillion once in a blue moon before the new rules next jan , not sure im going get a bigger bike but ill have 2 years to think about it. Just seems easier and cheaper than direct..

Maybe get a 250-400cc but still want my 70mpg economy lol Smile

Cheers for gratz
____________________
Fuelly My Z1000SX
cbt 06/08/11 mod1 (second go) 01/08/12 mod2 21/09/12
Varadero Viking YBR125>Varadero125>ER6F>Z1000SX !!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpha-9
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:21 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Re: Passed my theory Aged 39 ! Reply with quote

CadillacMoon wrote:

Walker?! as in what they call zombies in the walking dead?!

The answer is definitely deaf and blind, congratulations OP!

There was another word for it Laughing
As in the people who apparently walk around with a glowing red stick at midnight walking down country lanes behind blind corners

Those kind of walkers Wink
____________________
Fzr-600 1999
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:25 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im such a coward around tests I havent even booked my theory test :-/ ive done an online verison and passed it ok i just have this mental block about booking it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:33 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boozehawk wrote:
Im such a coward around tests I havent even booked my theory test :-/ ive done an online verison and passed it ok i just have this mental block about booking it.


Well I hadn't done any sort of test whatsoever since 1983 when I did the theory in 2011. It's just a schoolboy multiple choice test followed by a computer game.

MTFU and bloodywell book it.
____________________
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa, hey-hey,
the men in white coats are coming to take me away.
Yamaha Vity -> YBR125 -> FZS600 Fazer -> FZ1-S Fazer
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpha-9
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:45 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boozehawk wrote:
Im such a coward around tests I havent even booked my theory test :-/ ive done an online verison and passed it ok i just have this mental block about booking it.


That's why I booked it. I knew i'd never fucking do it otherwise. Honestly thought i'd fail, did a few practice sin the week from my DVD and on the morning before I went, passed with like 85% or something

Hazard perception is the easiest, got 48/50 on that I think
____________________
Fzr-600 1999
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:59 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just neurotic about tests.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DreadHead
Nova Slayer



Joined: 25 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:10 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha-9 wrote:
That's why I booked it. I knew i'd never fucking do it otherwise. Honestly thought i'd fail, did a few practice sin the week from my DVD and on the morning before I went, passed with like 85% or something

Hazard perception is the easiest, got 48/50 on that I think


Booked my theory today, been umming and ahhinng about it as I've only had my CBT cert a few weeks, but after chatting to a couple of mates and reading all the positive stuff about it on here, I though i'd best just get on with it.

Then I can get on to the tests and get my full licence sorted.

In fact today is the only the second day I haven't been out on the bike since my CBT as I had to pick something in the car.

Wish I'd started years ago, really enjoying it Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pendulum
Traffic Copper



Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:16 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Re: Passed my theory Aged 39 ! Reply with quote

jeddy11 wrote:
You see a man with a white stick with a red band ?

I'm surprised you did not need one yourself on the way to the test center, what with you having reached the shockingly old age of 39 Wink
____________________
1998 CG125 (Sold) CB500 [+ Clio 172]
Usually_Wrong: I tend to fail more than pass. [Speaking about Theory Practice]
Usually_Wrong: im on unemployment at the moment
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Billo63
Crazy Courier



Joined: 02 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:33 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Re: Passed my theory Aged 39 ! Reply with quote

pendulum wrote:
jeddy11 wrote:
You see a man with a white stick with a red band ?

I'm surprised you did not need one yourself on the way to the test center, what with you having reached the shockingly old age of 39 Wink


39! pppfffftttt!!!! He's only a bloody pup @ 39!
I've got socks older than him ffs! Wink
____________________
I might not be a gynecologist, but I know a cunt when I see one
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

psychodame
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 29 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:55 - 01 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

...ahem... I'm quite a bit older than 39, so does that make me a geriatric member on here? I passed my theory test in early July with an almost perfect score (much to my amazement) which just goes to show that you CAN teach old dogs new tricks!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Billo63
Crazy Courier



Joined: 02 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:46 - 02 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

psychodame wrote:
...ahem... I'm quite a bit older than 39, so does that make me a geriatric member on here? I passed my theory test in early July with an almost perfect score (much to my amazement) which just goes to show that you CAN teach old dogs new tricks!!


Ditto: Thumbs Up
____________________
I might not be a gynecologist, but I know a cunt when I see one
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kradmelder
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:34 - 02 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

psychodame wrote:
...ahem... I'm quite a bit older than 39, so does that make me a geriatric member on here? I passed my theory test in early July with an almost perfect score (much to my amazement) which just goes to show that you CAN teach old dogs new tricks!!


he is a laatie. he had better call me oom and show respect for his elders Mr. Green
____________________
2011 KTM 990 Dakar
2009 BMW 1200 GS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jeddy11
Traffic Copper



Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:57 - 21 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

***UPDATE***

Passed mod 2 this morning aged 39 !! 2 minors for shoulder checks as i was moving instead of before i moved..

Overall a good experience Cool
____________________
Fuelly My Z1000SX
cbt 06/08/11 mod1 (second go) 01/08/12 mod2 21/09/12
Varadero Viking YBR125>Varadero125>ER6F>Z1000SX !!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andy_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:16 - 21 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done youngster!
____________________
Aprilia Classic 125, GS500E, ER5-A1, ER5-C4, ER6 & an XJ6 project frame...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:21 - 21 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another kiddie clogging up the roads Rolling Eyes

Seriously well done Thumbs Up Very Happy
____________________
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa, hey-hey,
the men in white coats are coming to take me away.
Yamaha Vity -> YBR125 -> FZS600 Fazer -> FZ1-S Fazer
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dungbug
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 05 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:36 - 21 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, well done fella. Ride safe. Thumbs Up
____________________
CBT: Pass 25/06/2011 Theory Test: Pass12/06/2012 Mod 1: Fail 08/07/2012
Mod 1 Retest: Pass 15/0702012 Mod 2: Pass 03/08/2012
Suzuki GN125 (Sold) ~ Current bike: Yamaha YZF 600R Thundercat
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

thepuma
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:12 - 21 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Done Thumbs Up

All these people passing Mod2 tests....I feel the pressure mounting for me to pass next week. Confused
____________________
YBR125 (SOLD) - CBR250R(SOLD) - CBR650F(SOLD) Current - Street Triple
765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cimbian
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:02 - 27 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

52 years old 50/50 68/75

One of the problems with the hazard perception is that as a long-term driver I was seeing potential hazards before the scoring window opens and clicking then. Once I learned to slow it down a little the score went up.

Apparently for advanced licences (HGV etc.) the scoring window opens a little earlier as they expect the student to read the road better.
____________________
22PlusY
Current: Moto Guzzi 1100 Breva. Previous: Honda XL650V TransAlp
Bearded, Balding, Born again Buddhist Biker
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 11 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 1.47 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 132.56 Kb