Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Returning to the hunt for a bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ian103
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 21 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:07 - 25 Aug 2012    Post subject: Returning to the hunt for a bike Reply with quote

Hi I was on here back in July, but had to stop looking for a bike as I injured my elbow - the damage is permanent, can you ride effectiveky with an elbow splint? (right arm). The elbow will improve with exercise but I won't be able to lift heavy ojects etc, so I hoping as time progresses the injury will be less of an issue but in the meantime theres painkillers and ice packs

I need to rebook my cbt, and do my tests - is there time?? If I do DAS route can I start now or do I have to wait till Jan 13?

Also I'm watching a bike on ebay - a cbf125 for £1695, 11 plate with 700 mile - any thoughts if this is too expensive. and on 26/8/12 he raised the askinmg price to £1995 - whats that all about - its now dearer than at a trader


Last edited by ian103 on 13:15 - 26 Aug 2012; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

the_quick
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:06 - 25 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should manage to do tests on time, really depends how busy test centres are around you.

Regarding bike, I would stay away from anything that new, you might loose cash on it and you would want t sell it as soon as you get your license. I've done that mistake, and lost lot of cash on my 125.

If I could do that again, I would look for something like 7-8 old cb125, buy it cheap sell for the same price few months later
____________________
Bandit GSF600 '00
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:25 - 26 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_quick wrote:
I would look for something like 7-8 old cb125, buy it cheap sell for the same price few months later


+1 Thumbs Up

For the majority of people, there is no point spending a load of money on a 125. If you're aiming to pass your test, you'll want to get rid of it as soon as you do, since you can buy a cheap big bike for pretty much the same cash (say around £700). Added to this, you're probably going to drop it (same for your first big bike), so get something that isnt going to make you cry when you do.

Get something shiny when you're more experienced, if thats what you want.

Zen Dog
____________________
Current - '94 VFR750FR (Dead), '00 VFR800FI, '11 600 Hornet - Previous - '11 CBF125, '10 Street Triple R, '92 MZ ETZ301, '05 TTR250, NSR125R, KMX125, "Honda" Win
My bike trip around S.E. Asia 2010/2011
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 42 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.6 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 37.08 Kb