Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


cant get past 7000 rpms

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

acez1659
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:01 - 10 Sep 2012    Post subject: cant get past 7000 rpms Reply with quote

I have a 2010 megelli 250r. I have a problem where the bike seems to run fine but once it hits around 7000 rpms it wont rev any higher and also wont accelerate any further, even with the throttle completely open. There is also a really rough vibration from about 5000 rpms and gets worse the higher the rpms.

I also just had a major service. However the problems been happening since before the service
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

acez1659
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:49 - 10 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I think I can hear a rattling sound while riding
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

moonzoomer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:18 - 10 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your oil level and filter for starts, I understand these chinese built bikes are copies of the Honda CBR250R single cylinder engine so do not expect good build quality. I would also check big and small end for play, check valve gear, cam and valve clearances, failing that check the carb/injector for defects and also check the air filter for blockages/fitment.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Raggadubz
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:51 - 10 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a similar problem with my CB125TDE. It revs up to about 5-6000 and won't go any further. Getting to 5000 rpm is ropey too. Would the above apply for me?
____________________
Honda CB125 TDE
DB50QT-11 Scooter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

acez1659
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:04 - 10 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonzoomer wrote:
Check your oil level and filter for starts, I understand these chinese built bikes are copies of the Honda CBR250R single cylinder engine so do not expect good build quality. I would also check big and small end for play, check valve gear, cam and valve clearances, failing that check the carb/injector for defects and also check the air filter for blockages/fitment.


I just got it back from a major service a couple weeks ago with oil change, air filters cleaned etc..

I got told it might be a tube or cable that is failing under high rpms? Or maybe even the carby. I got recommended a rejet, but since it's just a stock thought that a rejet might not do the job? Especially for $250
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

russell210276
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 04 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:45 - 10 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

$250 for a re jet ???????? Shocked Shocked Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

acez1659
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:00 - 11 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

russell210276 wrote:
$250 for a re jet ???????? Shocked Shocked Shocked

well a rejet and dyno time. How much do you think it will cost to fix what ever problem I have? And do you think the dyno time will be necessary or should I just go for a rejet only?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visordown
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 11 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:56 - 12 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it get better or worse with the choke on?

At first it sounds like it could be running really rich which would cause it to struggle to get high in the revs and stutter but the knocking noise is worrying. Would be handy to see if you can narrow down where the noise is coming from.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:05 - 12 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry to much about the RPM not going over 7000k RPM

I think your biggest worry is going to be the vibration, Vibration as you say are mainly caused by Big end bearings worn, which will require a bottom end rebuild, if your not mechanically minded i would recommend taking it back to the dealer, as it's a fairly hard job if you don't know what your doing.

But check filter's and valve clearances as above said, their quite easy,
if it seizes you can take it back and say WTF is this.

Hope this helps
____________________
RIP jack (wheelie king), you will never be forgotten.
Current Bike's - Road Legal TZR 125 Pitbike, Aprilia SR50R 2010
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gandy666
Nova Slayer



Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:25 - 12 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuel pipe kinked under the petrol tank when they put it back together?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

acez1659
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:04 - 13 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visordown wrote:
Does it get better or worse with the choke on?

At first it sounds like it could be running really rich which would cause it to struggle to get high in the revs and stutter but the knocking noise is worrying. Would be handy to see if you can narrow down where the noise is coming from.


when I cold start it the choke only gets me to about 3k rpms. Then after about 20 seconds itll die to around 1.2k rpms and fluctuate from 1k to 1.2k

It might be the engine? I took it for a ride yesterday and I'm pretty sure I could even hear the rattling sound when I had it idling
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

acez1659
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:05 - 13 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty King wrote:
Don't worry to much about the RPM not going over 7000k RPM

I think your biggest worry is going to be the vibration, Vibration as you say are mainly caused by Big end bearings worn, which will require a bottom end rebuild, if your not mechanically minded i would recommend taking it back to the dealer, as it's a fairly hard job if you don't know what your doing.

But check filter's and valve clearances as above said, their quite easy,
if it seizes you can take it back and say WTF is this.

Hope this helps


do you know roughly how much it will cost?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

acez1659
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:16 - 13 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

gandy666 wrote:
fuel pipe kinked under the petrol tank when they put it back together?


The fuel pipe seems fine. And the problems been happening since before I sent it for a service. Also sorry as I forgot to mention that the previous owner had left the bike unused in his garage for im guessing around 6 months. He said that he had been starting it every day but most likely wasnt the case
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

acez1659
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:59 - 13 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took it for a ride and tried revving in neutral and seems I can deffinantly get past 7k rpms and most likely redline. However riding past 7000 rpms is almost impossible as the vibrations are too strong.
So thinking it might deffinantly be the engine at the point? With the rattling and high vibrations?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 24 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.05 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 78.82 Kb