 TrophyRich L Plate Warrior
Joined: 26 Oct 2004 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 15:58 - 26 Oct 2004 Post subject: Triumph Trophy 900 battery problem, Please help |
 |
|
Hello everyone, firstly im new to this so please be nice.
I own a 1996 Triumph Trophy 900, and after having some problems went out to buy a new battery. I went to halfords and bought a Yuasa YTX14-BS battery (12v) The problem is, the damn thing doesnt fit. The new battery is to big, i looked at the halfords list and apprently i have the right one. halfords wont take it back now, so i ask you this.
do i have the right battery? if not which one do i need? any suggestions on how to make the battery holder bigger? any suggestions would be welcome as i am completely lost.
cheers all
Rich ____________________ 21 year old, Trophy 900 rider..... no..... its not an old mans bike  |
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:17 - 26 Oct 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi
Not sure how much I can help you. Going off an old M&P catalogue I have floating round your bike should have a YB14L-A2 battery (I think). The one you have is used on the TT600 and the T595 range. The plus point is that the battery for your bike is just over half the price of the one you have got.
Check the Halfords catalogue as if it is wrong then it is their fault you have the wrong battery.
All the best
Keith ____________________ Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing |
|