Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


A costly mistake....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

TQ
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:22 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: A costly mistake.... Reply with quote

I've just logged onto BCF and noticed I am no longer a gold!

After struggling to work out what happened it's just hit me; I reinstalled my PC a few weeks ago and I forgot to add BCF to the exceptions list for AdBlock Plus! Brick Wall

Any idea how long it'll take me to regain my gold status?
____________________
First Bike :Gilera DNA 50 | Second: Imported 1989 NSR125
Third: 1998 Yamaha XJ600N | Currently: 1999 Yamaha FZS600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:41 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's taking me forever - I lost my gold blobs months ago (I got down to white!).

Mark
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mjn51
Traffic Copper



Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:07 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

answer lots of questions get some karma from others Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:11 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't post so much these days so I'll have to get back there gradually.

Mark
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

supZ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:55 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

this might explain why mines gone down even though im getting positives.

doh.
____________________
CBR954RR - Daily toy
CBR600RR - Trackbike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Joenitro
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:02 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does it matter? (That isn't a rhetorical question.)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:25 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Joenitro
This isn't ebay, I don't understand why people get so hung up on it.
____________________
Make mine a Corona.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:47 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Thumbs Up Joenitro
This isn't ebay, I don't understand why people get so hung up on it.



A1+ Great post - would read again! tks
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Chalky.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:24 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems posting utter bollocks in the Workshop is the way to achieve gold blobs these days...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpha-9
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:07 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, it's not hard to get off green, it's the second gold blob that's the grind


But its all meaningless anyway, greens just ugly
____________________
Fzr-600 1999
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mjn51
Traffic Copper



Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:25 - 18 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to self "must post more"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:43 - 18 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joenitro wrote:
What does it matter? (That isn't a rhetorical question.)


I belive having a gold blob lets you choose 'Lite Mode'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:07 - 18 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
Joenitro wrote:
What does it matter? (That isn't a rhetorical question.)


I belive having a gold blob lets you choose 'Lite Mode'.


Ooooooh. Tell me more.
____________________
Make mine a Corona.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:23 - 18 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Ooooooh. Tell me more.


https://www.bikechatforums.com/index.php?reskin=lite
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:47 - 18 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest that's really crap that you need gold to have lite mode. I don't even look at the blobs anymore. I'll swear if I want and if I disagree with someone ill happily take a karma hit. Lets be honest when you care about your blobs it does sterilise your personality on here even if no one would openly admit it.

Oh well, it just means ill put more load on Korn's server than I have to! Smile
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:11 - 18 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
mentalboy wrote:
Ooooooh. Tell me more.


https://www.bikechatforums.com/index.php?reskin=lite


Must be a default setting as that would appear to be what I'm running on at the moment, hardly worth shooting my load for though!!! Laughing
____________________
Make mine a Corona.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:37 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Thumbs Up Joenitro
This isn't ebay, I don't understand why people get so hung up on it.
I don't care about Ebay ratings either rally, but so many do, I don't get why?
____________________
Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:15 - 20 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve. wrote:
mentalboy wrote:
Thumbs Up Joenitro
This isn't ebay, I don't understand why people get so hung up on it.
I don't care about Ebay ratings either rally, but so many do, I don't get why?


Ebay ratings = trust = business.

BCF gold blobs = fuck all. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 351 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.57 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 94.37 Kb