Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


2004 CBR125 R - 8400 miles - EXCELLENT condition.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

13aines
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 18 Oct 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:51 - 18 Oct 2012    Post subject: 2004 CBR125 R - 8400 miles - EXCELLENT condition. Reply with quote

Hi all.

Long time lurker here! Passed my test yesterday, so looking to sell on my lovely 54 plate Honda CBR125R. I bought the bike in early July, and have used it since on the road, to hone my ability for the tests. I have put 1600 miles on the bike.

The previous owner was a 38 year old man, a friend's uncle, who was super OCD with the bike, and kept it spotless, he took the bike from under 1000 miles, to 6700 or so. The previous (first I think) owner was another older chap, who did about 500 miles on it before tucking it in the garage as apparently he was scared on it. Thus, the bike now has 8400 miles on it.

Since I have owned it, I changed the exhaust, due to a downpipe full of holes. I couldn't get the end can off, as the bolts were so unbelievably rusted. A full handmade system was only a bit more than a stainless downpipe, so I got that instead. Other than that, the bike has been a dream, and flew through it's MOT last week with no advisories. Taxed until the end of the year too.

There are a couple of tiny little chips on the tank, from zips I guess, but they're smaller than pinheads. Other than that, the bike has very few marks, and has never been dropped.

This summer I fitted a Cyclone V2 alarm, with all the features, including the immobiliser, and remote start. I have a seat cowl for the rear seat, which is rather rare. I sprayed it over the summer, in an attempt to match the graphite coloured rear plastics, and while it's very close in colour, it needs dulling down to match the rear plastic, maybe with a matte coat of lacquer? I also have a spare brand new lower right hand side fairing, which cost me £80. L-plates also supplied. Original toolkit and manuals provided, with all paperwork.

I am in Oxford, with the bike, and I am after £1500. Spare key and spare alarm fob included.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, it's filthy right now, and we don't have an outdoor tap in this uni accommodation, so I can't hose the dust and stuff off before I sponge wash it, as I prefer to do to prevent scratches...

The first few pictures show the original stock exhaust. This can be included with the bike. Would require a stock downpipe, and the bolts drilled out of the stock can, but the can is perfectly usable. The race style exhaust is loud, but at least people hear you when filtering, and it sounds less asthmatic!

Thanks.

Matt.
____________________
29/6 - CBT == 2/7 - Honda CBR125 purchased == 30/8 - Theory == 07/9 - Mod 1 == 16/10 - An afternoon with an instructor == 17/10 - Mod 2!
CBR125 -> ZXR400
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 349 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.48 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 29.59 Kb