Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

pics of my FIRST bike gixxer 600

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MickyBoi
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 03:55 - 29 Oct 2004    Post subject: pics of my FIRST bike gixxer 600 Reply with quote

I am new to these forums and fairly new to biking.

So hello all to begin with, I see some nice people post here so I thought I would have a go myself.

I got my bike brand new, got myself a decent job and bought it off the shelf, I am chuffed it is my baby. Cool
Please ignore the chicken strips as it was febuary when I started to ride and after all am a beginner :p

https://www.mickyboi.co.uk/BCF/01.JPG

Anyway as time went on I saw stuff I liked and decided to do it up a little.....

https://www.mickyboi.co.uk/BCF/02.JPG
Note, the ckhicken strips are going too :p

I was Just getting things how I liked em ....

https://www.mickyboi.co.uk/BCF/03.JPG

When I was run over at work by a lorry and havent been able to ride since Rolling Eyes Apparently I should be able to ride again but won't be till next summer now. I dont mind, it will probably come round soon enough.... BUT I couldn't walk well and had to go back to my mums to live,
My partner and I have just had a little girl so my partner needed to be there for her and my son, so I moved back to my mum's so she could care for me. (my bike needless to say came with me)

After staying there a few months it came time to come home, which I did, and within 2 days of coming home theiving B******S broke in my mums garage and took my baby Sad

Luckily a copper found it walking his dog, they had tried to set fire to it and damaged it in various places, nothing major (luckily) The pannels are being painted.
this is it as it is now ...

https://www.mickyboi.co.uk/BCF/04.JPG

It sadden's me that scum are around to take away the things we work hard for. I have been having a bad year, and now I have snapped a screw in my leg so I am back on my crutches.

I will soon be back out there though flying the flag of the "biker" Twisted Evil cant keep me down for long.

ANYWAY
rambled on enough, just wanted to say hi and be among people that enjoy biking as much as I do Very Happy

P.S. If the pics are too big let me know and I will scale em all down, like I said, new to all this so pls dont flame at me , I am having a bad year Smile
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=337775#337775

Last edited by MickyBoi on 21:23 - 10 Apr 2010; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 07:18 - 29 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum - the Gixer looks very nice, but it'll go alot faster if you get ride of the old bloke in the leather sat behind you! Laughing

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:42 - 29 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike, very tarty, but in a good way Mr. Green Undertray looks really good, cold do with a bit of dirt on it though Very Happy

Is the bike sorted again now? Or is it still being pieced together?

Hope you recover soon.

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 09:53 - 29 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, nice bike, would look better in yellow though. Wink

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 11:49 - 29 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, you're a proper Biker mate. Whatever get's you down, you just think about getting back on the bike again mate.
We need morepeople with your attitude mate.

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:09 - 29 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright micky, sorry to hear about your story, gawd, I'm glad it didn't happen to me......oh and hello too Very Happy

One thing that strikes me about what you said was "I dont mind, it will probably come round soon enough.... " I've never heard such patience in the biking world ! Really!

Top man, hope this summer comes quicker and you can get back out onto the road with yer (lurverly) bike. Thumbs Up

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:14 - 29 Oct 2004    Post subject: bike Reply with quote

WOW does it look clean in the first couple of pics Shocked sorry to hear of your misshaps Crying or Very sad but glad to hear your keeping your chin up, good luck with getting back to riding ect

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 18:22 - 29 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the undertray and lights and can, infact i love that bike mate Thumbs Up

Good to see your getting better and sorry to hear about those theiving wan**rs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Stu_666
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:39 - 29 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome mate Thumbs Up

That's a gorgeous bike you've got there. Even though it seems everyone has Gixxer's they still always look the dogs bollocks when I see one.

By the way, hope you have better luck next year eh? Razz

MickyBoi
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 02:50 - 30 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou ALL so much for the warmest welcome I think I have EVER had...
It's so nice to be among people that "understand" what biking is about, its not something you want to do, its not something you can stop or control, it's more something your body and mind needs! but if you dont have it in your life..... god ! cant even imagine what that would be like.

Anyway, in reply to some of the comments, Dave! I am rebuilding it at the moment, I have got all the parts just waiting on the painter and then I will be putting it back together and once its done it will be better than before.
I will post more pictures here of it when its done Smile

A few bike files to look through should you be bored Smile >

https://homepage.ntlworld.com/michael.howarth1/Bikes/

The following carries a warning, I am posting my accident pictures, THEY ARE GRAPHIC, but shouldn't offend. If you are squeemish please do not veiw. But there interesting to see Smile Had I have done it on a bike I wouldn't post em as it's just negative stuff >

https://homepage.ntlworld.com/michael.howarth1/Accident/

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:58 - 30 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micky Boi wrote:
Thankyou ALL so much for the warmest welcome I think I have EVER had...
It's so nice to be among people that "understand" what biking is about, its not something you want to do, its not something you can stop or control, it's more something your body and mind needs! but if you dont have it in your life..... god ! cant even imagine what that would be like.

Hi and nice bike Thumbs Up

What you said above is what bikeing is all about, in my work i travel daily in all weathers and some people think me mad but all i can say is i love bikeing always have and will.

If they don't understand that now they never will Laughing

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 11:55 - 30 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you wearing full leather during that accident??

Also in hospital i see you had some 'srawberry sensation' pop-tarts with you, i love them!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Jammy-G This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:04 - 30 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many of those scars are from orthopaedic surgeons and how many from being mashed though? Do they use staples on larger muscles and things where there is more 'strength' trying to pull the wound apart again?

On a slightly unrelated note, what beast is that climbing up you? Shocked I don't think I've seen a lizard other than komodo dragons that huge!

https://homepage.ntlworld.com/michael.howarth1/Michaels%20Pics/Mick&Pinksmall.JPG

Last edited by mchaggis on 16:33 - 30 Oct 2004; edited 1 time in total

MickyBoi
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:57 - 30 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hope I don't get into trouble for the subject wondering off topic Smile BUT her name is Pink (named by my son) She's a 3 and a half foot Green Iguana originated from South America but this one was captive bread.

They live till 25 years old and grow to 6 foot in the wild, but captive can still reach 5 foot + she's about 4 I think (years old)

Also, whilst in hospital I was on LOTS of morphine, but yes the leg did hurt, but not as much as the 2 breaks in my pelvis :S the foot on the pictures was burst NOT cut by pressure from the lorry wheel, and I had steel toe caps on at the time Smile

Quote:
How many of those scars are from orthopaedic surgeons and how many from being mashed though? Do they use staples on larger muscles and things where there is more 'strength' trying to pull the wound apart again?

The main damage is the inside of my calf, thats where the middle of the bone in my leg came through the skin, but the knee is a scar from the metal rod being inserted. and the smaller ones are scre holes for the bar. Also I believe they use staples more than stitches nowadays.

I hope people dont mind the fact my post does point to things none related to biking, but in a way there all related, I love biking and its frustrating when you got a broken leg etc, so take it from me "go steady out there lad's n lasses" its not the pain of the break that hurts, its the killer wait to fix it"!

Last edited by MickyBoi on 18:15 - 30 Oct 2004; edited 1 time in total

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:39 - 30 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micky Boi wrote:

I hope people dont mind the fact my post does point to things none related to biking, but in a way there all related, I love biking and its frustrating when you got a broken leg etc, so take it from me "go steady out there lad's n lasses" its not the pain of the break that hurts, its the killer wait to fix it"!

I don't think anyone minds really, as the post is about the bike pics, just as is the way with these things, the topic of discussion winds a merry drunken wandering path. Laughing That's probably my fault. Wink I think you've made a fine start to the forum, it seems to me that people only get pissy if the subject has an attitude problem.

As far as the wait to fix it goes, I know what you mean in a small way having broken bones riding and being off the bike for a month and a half. It's not the break that hurts, it's the physiotherapists! Shocked

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 19:25 - 30 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum mate Thumbs Up

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:29 - 30 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome.

I love your bike, the under tray looks very good too Thumbs Up .

The accident looked bad Sick.

https://www.bikepics.com/members/bikedudextrm/

synaptyx
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:35 - 31 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micky Boi, the accident looked really nasty, sit back, relax, think of getting back on the bike and last of all, think of the compensation! Twisted Evil Wink Hope the healing goes well mate, both you and the bike. Oh, and welcome to the BCF! Thumbs UpVery Happy

VFR400UK
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 04:36 - 31 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top bike you got there mate!
Looks good in silver, its the first I've seen Thumbs Up

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 11:32 - 31 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

VFR400UK wrote:
Top bike you got there mate!
Looks good in silver, its the first I've seen Thumbs Up

Errr, its white and blue.

buddha
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:40 - 11 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Like what you did to your bike. Shame thoughs idiot mess about with, but hey you got it back.

If this year is bad, the year is nearly at its end, life will improve next year because of your experience this year.

Good luck

MickyBoi
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 04:45 - 13 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of an update, been a long time I know, but I am due to go to hospital on monday and i will find out weather or not I will be needing to tax my bike next month or not Very Happy

Fingers crossed.

I got some pics of my bike all fixed, but I will wait till i get chance to take some better ones before I post.

See.... didnt take too long, spring is nearly upon us Smile all downhill from here on in .

Hope your all well Smile
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=337775#337775

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 12:59 - 13 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the best of luck with the hospital visit dude!
I know its late for my opinion but im sorry to hear about the theiving t**ts who decided to steal your bike.
The bike looked amazing, And hopefully it will look as good now its all done up. Very Happy

Theifs really get my back up. Evil or Very Mad and yep, It is really shit when you work hard for somthing, get it exactly how you like it just for some c**t to go nick it and "try" to burn it out.

Anyway, A Nice late welcome to the forum from me! Laughing Thumbs Up

Good luck with the visit and hopefully you will be Taxing your bike soon!

<|Ben|>

steveh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:38 - 13 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum old chap, and what a nice little scooter you have there Razz

Steve.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 51 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2