Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Babyface

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:53 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Babyface Reply with quote

Anyone here have one ?

I thought i would have grown out of it by now, but i still dont look a day over 17 despite being nearly enough 26.

Everyone always says "youll be thankful when you are older" , god if i had a penny every time someone said that id be a rich man.

I cant help of thinking of the negatives this brings.

People wont take you seriously, bosses and colleagues wont take you as seriously specially if you are in a position of authority.

Women in there 20s will practically ignore you, though ive found it doesnt really bother women who are 30+ i suppose that could be slight plus.
Still its not nice being rejected because you look 'too young' which has happened in the past, though i am married now it still bugs me.

Ive become really self concious about it over the years, even more so as i get older but dont look older.
A few years ago i thought if i beefed up a bit, i would look older.

Bigger = Older

I succeeded in putting a bit of meat on i went from 9"10 to 12"2, and have become a bit of a gym rat in doing it, but it hasn't made me look any older at all.

If anything i look even more like a man-child, mans body childs face. Laughing
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Redoko
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:58 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do.

I couldn't care less.



People are always shocked when I tell them I'm 20, or have ridden bikes for 4 years now. Most assume when I say bike I mean bicycle.

Too many people are concerned with how they look. Being genetically different doesn't make you better than anyone.
____________________
"Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51


Last edited by Redoko on 19:59 - 06 Nov 2012; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Benson_JV
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:58 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could always try.Rogaine?
____________________
Willson - "If you go out on that CBR600 in the winter, you're going to do more miles on your side than on your wheels."
Riding: CBR600FW Driving: Audi A6
Previous Bikes: '96 Bandit 600, '96 GPz305
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:59 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a couple of kids that will put years on you in no time Thumbs Up
____________________
I have become comfortably numb

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

duhawkz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:03 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look about 12 if I have a shave, I'm 30

I can't say it's ever really bothered me
____________________
"The guy is a worthless cunt and I honestly believe I would be a slightly happier person if he died." - Chris-Red
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blackwolf
Burgerfist



Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:03 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't past your bedtime? Wink

Na I wouldn't worry about it. Lifes to short!
____________________
Current: Ducati Multistrada 1200s
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

daemonoid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:09 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to look student age for about 15 years.

Last time I got ID'd I was 28 (or 30 in the US, but that doesn't really count as they ID everyone). I found the easiest way is to get a bit of a beard going - everyone looks older once they're beardy. Still now if I shave off my bumfluff (even in my early thirties I can barely grow a proper beard) I look like I'm in my 20s, and that's despite beginning to thin on top!

So, beard/stubble...
____________________
current: ducati monster 750
past: hyosung gt250r, bajaj pulsar 180, hyosung gt 125 comet
@thomasgarrard | www.straitjkt.com | www.racingseven.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:13 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

daemonoid wrote:

So, beard/stubble...


Id agree with the beard thing.

Im blonde for a start and have a blonde beard and the fact it grows patchy and crap doesnt help too much either.

'Cat can lick that off' type comments flood in when ive tried that before lol

Going from my parents, ill be 35 before my face matures.
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Flatbadger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:15 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lucky, I looked older than my years when I was under 18 (booze!)

And now I look young for my age (superior substances!) Smile
____________________
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
You're in ISIS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

_Will_
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:19 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldpink wrote:
have a couple of kids that will put years on you in no time Thumbs Up

This Laughing

I went from a young looking 21 year old to an old looking 24 year old.
My other half is 8 years older and despite this looks younger than me, i'd happily go back to looking youthful Laughing
____________________
Past -Honda qr50 | 2004 Peugeot Tkr s 50|
| 1996 Yamaha XJ600s Diversion|
| 2005|Kawasaki Z750s | | 2006 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer |
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:26 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, has always been the other way around for me, remember buying my mates tabs from shops at 14. Never been ID'd yet either Sad
____________________
KTM 990 SMT & Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM


Last edited by Irn-Bru on 20:27 - 06 Nov 2012; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WannaBeDude
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:26 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being genetically different can and does make some people better than others ffs. Shocked
____________________
Jogging on, destination living.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

daemonoid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:31 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wave2k wrote:
Id agree with the beard thing.

Im blonde for a start and have a blonde beard and the fact it grows patchy and crap doesnt help too much either.

'Cat can lick that off' type comments flood in when ive tried that before lol

Going from my parents, ill be 35 before my face matures.


I'm blonde(ish) too* and it took until I was in my late 20s before I could get anything resembling a beard. I'm not sure whether it was coincidence or not, but I started shaving every day for a few months and suddenly it was a lot fuller and more even (still not great though).

I vaguely recall seeing you at one of the bcf mini-moto days. If you're the one I remember (best rider of the day, but faceplanted at the end of the main straight) then I'd not say you're all that baby-faced - you looked early 20s even back then...



*I only get really blonde in the sun and I don't get to see much of that nowadays Sad
____________________
current: ducati monster 750
past: hyosung gt250r, bajaj pulsar 180, hyosung gt 125 comet
@thomasgarrard | www.straitjkt.com | www.racingseven.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:38 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea that was me

I was cut up on the straight while trying to overtake someone slower.

If i have just shaved like today, i look very young.
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

woll
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:16 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm baby faced too. Always surprises people when they i.d. me for fags n i'm 20. Doesnt bother me i take it as a complement. And find it funny how even at 6ft 5" they still think im under age. I've yet to meet anyone my height under 18 lol
____________________
Current Bike- Suzuki DRZ400 SM K6
Previous bikes - Derbi Senda Xtreme50r, Honda CBR 125, Kawasaki ZZR 250, Yamaha DT125R, Suzuki Bandit 600, Gas gas ec 250, Honda CBR600FW
Damaged spleen, damaged kindey, 2 popped lungs, 2 broken ribs, broken face, broken wrist and 5 back fractures... remember kids walls hurt
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mr jamez
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:32 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another fellow baby face here! 26 going on 16.

My girlfriend is 14.
____________________
NSR 125F > BROS 400 > NC30 > BROS 400 > Trumpet S4 > '97 VFR 750
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

daemonoid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:51 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wave2k wrote:
Yea that was me

I was cut up on the straight while trying to overtake someone slower.

If i have just shaved like today, i look very young.


That clang sound was brilliant Smile Didn't see it but heard it... next time do the mini-moto without a helmet - facial scars definitely add a bit of age Wink
____________________
current: ducati monster 750
past: hyosung gt250r, bajaj pulsar 180, hyosung gt 125 comet
@thomasgarrard | www.straitjkt.com | www.racingseven.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

J.M.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:15 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one for facial hair.

I'm 18... with my beard and moustache as I've got now I look early 20s. Very rarely get IDd in ASDA and have never been IDd for entry to clubs or buying drinks at pubs.

When I shave I'll always get IDd.
____________________
2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Cadbury
Crazy Courier



Joined: 05 Oct 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:36 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the opposite problem. By 14 I could grow what passed for facial hair. That plus being 6foot meant I didn't really have trouble getting into places I probably shouldn't have been. Cool I'm now 28 and I think I have levelled out. I pretty much look my age.

My wife on the other hand has a similar problem to yourself. Like me, she is also 28, yet gets ID'd all the time. Alcohol, petrol, even lottery tickets!

I'm sure it's just how you see yourself, I bet you look age appropriate really. Maybe you are a new evolution of human, still in your teenage years, and will in fact live to 150....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WannaBeDude
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:43 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely, seems only tother day when ID was a problem, now in asda, people assuming my mum is my wife is more of a problem. Shocked
____________________
Jogging on, destination living.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JP7
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:56 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad it's not just me! I'm 28 and I look like a child. I always get "Oh, you look about 12," and people always ask how old I am, especially when I'm at work. I find it rude when people demand to know how old I am, it's almost an opportunity for them to belittle me. It doesn't help that I'm really self-conscious about it.

Unfortunately, in my job, a bit of authority is necessary sometimes and it's very annoying to watch it erode in seconds when someone tells me they think I look twelve.

There's no point in me not bothering to shave because it's all patchy and I look like a pubescent teenager.

People often quite flippantly tell me how "lucky" I am that I look so young. But I don't like it at all.

I have never yet found a way to make myself look a bit older. If you find a way, Wave, let me know!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:59 - 06 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wear specs, that helps I think.
____________________
Hit the G spot. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Yoyo This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

thegubner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:23 - 07 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one believes I'm 28, currently get told I look about 35 ffs, my missus is approaching 30 and still gets ID'd. You ARE lucky.

Mark Roberts we've seen your face and you don't look 40, you look a cunt.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:30 - 07 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

covdude wrote:
Lovely, seems only tother day when ID was a problem, now in asda, people assuming my mum is my wife is more of a problem. Shocked


I got that once when I took my mam shopping at the Co-op.

"Is that your new toy boy?"

"no it's my son... Neutral"

https://i.imgur.com/RYMRM.png
____________________
KTM 990 SMT & Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 339 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.78 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 135.76 Kb