Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Leeds Rail Station Bike Parking

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Snorty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:50 - 23 Jan 2013    Post subject: Leeds Rail Station Bike Parking Reply with quote

Anybody from the area know anything about this? I've parked there once before, but I'm getting a train and I'll be away for a few days - so would be leaving the bike there for a while - reckon it's safe? CCTV?
____________________
Current: Yamaha FZ1 '07 | GSXR 750 SRAD

Past: CB125TDC | TZR125 | GPZ500 | CBR600F3 | ZX9-R | GSXR1000 K4
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ja7
Crazy Courier



Joined: 10 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:35 - 23 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be tricky, I always thought train stations were murder for bike theft.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sidewinder
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:57 - 23 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't sounds to risky.Maybe a freindly local bcfer might let you park up at theirs for some beer tokens Thumbs Up
____________________
"Nitrous is like a cheap hooker, you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

_mjs_
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 23 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:11 - 24 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd be welcome to stick it in my garage but I'm a few miles away from the city centre.

I've never had to use the parking at the station, I usually chain mine up at the side of the Merrion Centre if I'm in town. I wouldn't leave it overnight there though!
____________________
Previous Bikes: 2006 Honda XR125L > 2003 Yamaha DT125R > 1996 Honda CB500
Current bikes: 1997 Kawasaki ZZR 600 E5 > 2006 Honda Varadero XL125V
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dransy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:40 - 24 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck that I wouldn't not in the center of Leeds , also as above I just live out of town if u want my garage to borrow
____________________
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:58 - 24 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not got a garage but I have a hefty drainpipe and some tarp you could use. I'm near the Burley Park train station (extra 2 minute train ride to leeds). There's always somebody in at my house and the neighbours are always out and about.
____________________
I'm Sam; Northern, Ginger, Lover
Did have: '95 ZZR600 '83 CG125 '97 ZZR1100 '15 Hypermotard 821 SP Do Have: '10 ZX10R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:39 - 24 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

If CCTV deterred bike thieves, YouTube wouldn't be full of footage of them being nicked.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 255 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.57 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 51.69 Kb