Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Samsung GS2 weirdness

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:30 - 21 Jan 2013    Post subject: Samsung GS2 weirdness Reply with quote

OK bear with me lads and laddettes of the hallowed halls of BCF!

Recently, and I mean in the last 2 weeks or so the phone screen flickers and then switches itself off. No warning apart from the flickering. When I turn it back on I get the battery critically low message.

Odd thing is I just had the above happen and was looking around on google and found various reasons including one that mentioned taking the battery out and checking it for bumps (warping). I done this, put the battery back in after realizing it looked fine and turned the phone on to find I had 75% battery. Just 2 minutes before it was telling me it was critically low!

Any ideas? I'm due an upgrate later this year but I would love to stick with the phone.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

J.M.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:35 - 21 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose you have any friends with this phone who would let you borrow their battery for a bit?

I don't know about the S2 battery (haven't even researched it), but some batteries contain circuits which can go dolally, explaining the varying voltage readings.
____________________
2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

el_oso
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:38 - 21 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAM maybe failing. Could be a number of things.
If it is rooted (even if it isn't) see if you can download a memory test from play store
the battery thing is likely an incorrect reading. Quite common to happen after system crashes.
____________________
Duke 390
Previous: '05 XR125L | '96 XJ600S Diversion |'05 Suzuki GSXR1000 | '05 Honda CBR125-R | '97 YZF 600R Thundercat | '11 Honda CBR250
Car: Jeep Wrangler 4.0L
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ashley_46
Nova Slayer



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:58 - 22 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue happen to me. In my case it was the battery that was the issue so may be worth going on amazon and getting a new one. I think mine was about £4 and that solved the problem.

Not guaranteeing this will work for you but might be worth a try for less than a fiver.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mungel
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 21 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:50 - 26 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back up everything you hold dear and prepare for imminent eMMC failure.. Crying or Very sad

Mine did this just before Christmas. Luckily, it was still in warranty, took it to an O2 store. They sent it off and it returned with a new mainboard.
____________________
Mungel
ZZR600 (dead) - ZX9R (sold) - FZ1S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:56 - 26 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My battery started dying quickly, 6 hours from 100% to 0%

Changed battery, same issue. In the end, turned off background updates and everything is ok again. Something, never found what, was hammering the data connection and killing the battery.

Does not match your issue exactly, but might be worth trying.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 254 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.64 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 48.66 Kb