Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


PDF edit needed or batch print program

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:01 - 27 Jan 2013    Post subject: PDF edit needed or batch print program Reply with quote

I use windows photo printing wizard on xp, which lets me select a bunch of images and then I print them to a pdf - say for instance a scan of a manual.
Today I assembled a bunch of images to print and they came out ok, except that some were portrait and others landscape. Only problem is that the printing wizard automatically rotates the landscape ones to portrait and I don't want that. I can open the file in Pdfill and rotate those certain images but then it wants £20 to register or I get a watermark when I save (the print to pdf option is free and not watermarked).

How can I get round this either by a non-bloatware batch print program or can someone edit a 5mb pdf for me?
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

djr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:30 - 27 Jan 2013    Post subject: Re: PDF edit needed or batch print program Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
I use windows photo printing wizard on xp, which lets me select a bunch of images and then I print them to a pdf - say for instance a scan of a manual.
Today I assembled a bunch of images to print and they came out ok, except that some were portrait and others landscape. Only problem is that the printing wizard automatically rotates the landscape ones to portrait and I don't want that. I can open the file in Pdfill and rotate those certain images but then it wants £20 to register or I get a watermark when I save (the print to pdf option is free and not watermarked).

How can I get round this either by a non-bloatware batch print program or can someone edit a 5mb pdf for me?


Once pdfill rotates them, can you print? If so print to cutepdf printer? If not then I'd be surprised if you can't get a trial of adobe professional.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:08 - 27 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It doesn't help me I'm afraid. PDfill can print them fine as a pdf, but if I open them in PDfill and rotate the pictures I cannot save or print without putting a watermark on.

As I see it the easiest way out is to use a program that will let me organise the pics and print them as a set (to pdfill).

Windows photo printer automatically rotates landscape photos to portrait so they print on paper properly.
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

djr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:13 - 27 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=acrobat_pro&loc=uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

barrkel
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:26 - 27 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can make do with a slightly older version of Acrobat, you can have it for free, non-trial, all legal, from Adobe:

https://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html
____________________
Bikes: S1000R, SH350; Exes: Vity 125, PS125, YBR125, ER6f, VFR800, Brutale 920, CB600F, SH300x4
Best road ever ridden: www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2MhNxUEYtQ
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 256 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.64 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 45.72 Kb