Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Can I post it?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
 Topic moved: from Random Banter to Forum Feedback & Help by G (30 Jan 2013 - 00:59)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Read the post, then vote. Can I post the link or not?
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

Author Message

Spudly
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:04 - 30 Jan 2013    Post subject: Can I post it? Reply with quote

Hi all.

I may have mentioned in some earlier posts about a friend of mine who has bought himself a Brabham BT40 F3 car and a Brabham BT41 F2 car. For those not up with the intricacies of historic formula racing cars, the BT40 and the BT41 were made in 1973, when Brabham were arguably in their heyday as a constructor.

As well as the cars, he also got moulds for every single fibreglass body part, a transporter which can take both cars at once and lots and lots - really, lots - of spare parts. He's pretty chuffed with it.
This is the F3 car:

https://awrowe.org.uk/upimages/FirstPhoto.jpg

Anyway, the guy I'm talking about owns an engineering company and associated factory, in which he makes custom tooling for other factories to make things with. When you hear about companies using tools to create the particular shape of a fairing, he makes those sorts of tools.

So, when this guy bought these cars, he spotted a bit of an opportunity in the historic racing car scene and he's started to develop a bit of a business out of it. Essentially, he's offering a service where he'll do a range of things needed to race historic formula cars, like crack testing certification, engine building, engine tuning, small batch component manufacture - down to a single part 0 as well as a few hard to get products.

For example, he has a distributorship for that new waterless radiator coolant I saw someone mention a while back.

I'm in the process of building a website for him at the moment. Nothing spectacular yet, but it's improving incrementally. What I want to know is, are any of you lot interested? I don't want to post the link if you lot think it will be spammy.

tl;dr - I'm building a website for a mate who does shit with historic motor racing. He also has useful products. I don't want to spam you though, do you want the link?

Also, yes I do know there are two "Yes" options.
____________________
The Old Apprentice
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TheBikerStig
Crazy Courier



Joined: 15 Dec 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:38 - 30 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the difference between the top and the middle "yes" option? Why the need for 2 yes's?
____________________
I am usually naked when posting to this forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:01 - 30 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'd like to promote the site on here, people generally accept regular posters putting a link in their sig.

Oh and - BT46B replica, please Razz.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Spudly
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:23 - 30 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBikerStig wrote:
Whats the difference between the top and the middle "yes" option? Why the need for 2 yes's?


Double the chances isn't it? Interestingly, the second "Yes" has more than twice as many hits than the first one.

G wrote:
If you'd like to promote the site on here, people generally accept regular posters putting a link in their sig.

Oh and - BT46B replica, please


Cheers G, I'll do that.

Gotta say, I really like the idea of fan cars like the BT46B, it seems to me to be a natural progression for Formula 1 to go in. I'd love to see something competitive with them.

The BT41 I mentioned has an interesting history of its own actually, after a fair bit of investigation, it turns out that the car in my mates garage is in fact the last privately sold Formula 2 or 3 car from Brabham ever. In early 1973 they decided they would concentrate entirely on Formula 1, after Bernie Ecclestone got involved with the team.

Because of that history, the car has an invitation to compete in the Historic Formula 2 race at Monaco in 2014 - I've managed to wangle myself and a couple of mates from Australia spots on the pit crew then, which will be awesome.
____________________
The Old Apprentice
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:47 - 05 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moar Brabham, please
____________________
Make mine a Corona.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 242 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.88 - MySQL Queries: 18 - Page Size: 48.46 Kb