|
|
| Author |
Message |
| new001 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 new001 Nova Slayer
Joined: 05 Mar 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dannymassive |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dannymassive Brolly Dolly

Joined: 28 May 2011 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:23 - 28 Apr 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
I was under the impression that the RAC act as a broker?
If this is the case, whoever the policy is underwritten by will also have some kind of influence on this.
There are a few people on here that are quite clued up on insurance companies and policies so wait until one of these guys sees your thread.  ____________________ Previous Ride's - '01 Aprilia SR125 (Sold) '08 HONDA CBF600n (Sold) '96 CB500 (Sold) '01 FZS 1000 (Sold) '06 CB1300SA (Sold) '07 CB600F Hornet (Sold) - '93 Suzuki Savage LS400 (Sold) '98 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm (Sold) '05 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '01 FZS1000 Fazer (Sold) 2016 Harley Davidson Street Bob SE (Sold) '02 Kawasaki ZX9R (Sold) '98 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '04 Suzuki Bandit 1200s (Sold) '13 Yamaha FZ1-N |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:27 - 28 Apr 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
There is no real need to phone them, I phoned up and asked if I was to go and do my test, would I have to pay a fee to let them know. They said no, they just update it so I said.. Good, I passed earlier and didn't want to pay anything for proving I'm a better rider, please update  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kai.Wilson |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kai.Wilson Spanner Monkey
Joined: 26 Sep 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| new001 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 new001 Nova Slayer
Joined: 05 Mar 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| J.M. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 J.M. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Mar 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 09:47 - 30 Apr 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
That's probably an administration charge  ____________________ 2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Irn-Bru |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Irn-Bru World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Aug 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bikertomm |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bikertomm World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jul 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:51 - 30 Apr 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
Mine were a bit dodgy about this.
I asked before saying I had passed what would happen, and she told me that the underwriter I was with only insured people on provisional licences.. hence me keeping my mouth fucking shut until I got my years no claims
 ____________________ 07' Honda Hornet now full powaah! My guide on performing an oil change! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:47 - 30 Apr 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah, keep quiet  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:47 - 30 Apr 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
| new001 wrote: | I contacted them and they quoted me 30 quid just to change the license type from learner to full on my rac policy does this sound about right ? |
Yes, that's the typical fee for them to do 10 seconds of typing at the end of a free 5 minute phone call.
I don't want to get too gangsta because I did "tell" my insurer, but it was eBike, so I did it online and I could do it myself and see that the fee was going to be exactly £0.00.
If I'd been with one of those old fashioned phone-and-type insurers, I don't think I'd have bothered.
If you want to cover your back, you could post them a letter and get a free certificate of posting.
Note carefully that I'm not suggesting anything about the content of that letter, or even that it needs any. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| shereen |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 shereen World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Mar 2011 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 13 years, 161 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|