Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Best way to search for ride outs.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message
C1REX This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Snorty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:36 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just make some friends. I've got loads of biker friends who I've met just by striking up some conversation when pulled up at places.
____________________
Current: Yamaha FZ1 '07 | GSXR 750 SRAD

Past: CB125TDC | TZR125 | GPZ500 | CBR600F3 | ZX9-R | GSXR1000 K4
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
soforene This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rampage
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:58 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the link in your sig.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shinigami
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:32 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no friends Sad I always ride solo Laughing
____________________
Current: Honda City Fly CLR125 2003 Honda CB600F Hornet 2008 Yamaha FZ6 S2 + 1991 Kawasaki GPZ500
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:19 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinigami wrote:
I have no friends Sad I always ride solo Laughing


well if you go and move to makem land Laughing
____________________
Whatever I post I have no citation and no intention of providing one..
caveat emptor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shinigami
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:24 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copycat73 wrote:
Shinigami wrote:
I have no friends Sad I always ride solo Laughing


well if you go and move to makem land Laughing


I know, got a few mates on bikes back in Manchester but not up here, would prob help if I actually got out more lol
____________________
Current: Honda City Fly CLR125 2003 Honda CB600F Hornet 2008 Yamaha FZ6 S2 + 1991 Kawasaki GPZ500
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Musketeer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:25 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinigami wrote:
I have no friends Sad I always ride solo Laughing


I have friends, but I prefer to ride alone Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sable
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:51 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pop into the Ace and grab their yearly motorbike leaflet. Has the main ride outs on it. I also believe H Cafe had something similar, been a while scince I was there.

MCN has a list of the events for the coming week across the top of a few pages. Not specifically all ride outs, but usually has at least a couple of ride outs in there.

I find the flash painful on the eyes but TheBikerGuide - https://www.thebikerguide.co.uk/bikerrallies.html (Wear shades when clicking that link!). Aimed at Rallies, but any old thing seems to end up on events so you get ride outs there too.

Rides and Rallies. Same as TheBikerGuide, but less flash and eye hurts. https://ridesandrallies.co.uk/

Rev Counter has a meets section thats active too. https://www.therevcounter.co.uk/uk-motorbike-ride-outs-events/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

reed
Nearly there...



Joined: 28 Oct 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:39 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have friends... Laughing
____________________
Generic XOR 50, Gilera SMT 50, GSXR 400 GK73A, Ducati Monster 600, Honda Hornet 600.
Sold. Stolen. Written off. Sold. Current.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

C1REX
Traffic Copper



Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:49 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sable wrote:
Pop into the Ace and grab their yearly motorbike leaflet. Has the main ride outs on it. I also believe H Cafe had something similar, been a while scince I was there.

MCN has a list of the events for the coming week across the top of a few pages. Not specifically all ride outs, but usually has at least a couple of ride outs in there.

I find the flash painful on the eyes but TheBikerGuide - https://www.thebikerguide.co.uk/bikerrallies.html (Wear shades when clicking that link!). Aimed at Rallies, but any old thing seems to end up on events so you get ride outs there too.

Rides and Rallies. Same as TheBikerGuide, but less flash and eye hurts. https://ridesandrallies.co.uk/

Rev Counter has a meets section thats active too. https://www.therevcounter.co.uk/uk-motorbike-ride-outs-events/


Thanks Sable. Some very useful links.

I know that ABR organises a rally every month and Londonbikers do often rides as well.

The reason I've asked for that is to get some more information for my mini forum which is more like a MCC at the moment.

Cheers
Kris
____________________
MCForum meetup - One of the biggest motorcycle clubs in UK
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sable
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:04 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered asking G, Bendy or Korn about advertising on BCF for your forum? They have the Bullit Jeans sticky is still there in New Bikers and so is the Hard Plate Chrome in Workshop. The Bullit one has over 2000 views. It might encourage more than just South-Easters to sign up to your forum. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

illuminateTHE...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:18 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did OP starter post get rated down for spam Sad.. is he trying to promote the link within his sig..
____________________
Theory: PASSED Module 1: PASSED Module 2: PASSED 12/2012!!!

yzf r125 [SOLD] sv650 [CURRENT]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:32 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following members have visited today:
2WheelsGood, Admin, banditjohn, C1REX, Daniel84, Denz0, kiciol, NobCat, razvandada, _nobcat

Pass the popcorn
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

C1REX
Traffic Copper



Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:40 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

illuminateTHEmind wrote:
Why did OP starter post get rated down for spam Sad.. is he trying to promote the link within his sig..


I assume that's what people think. I understand that as I do try to promote the club/forum and have more rides around London.
I will ask the mentioned people about my options.
EDIT: I've just send a message to Korn.

Cheers
Kris
____________________
MCForum meetup - One of the biggest motorcycle clubs in UK
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:53 - 16 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinigami wrote:

I know, ****************
would prob help if I actually got out more Laughing


have you been to the usual suspects ie.
Zetlands Wednesday evenings pub hours till dark (tyne tunnel is free 4 bikes) https://goo.gl/maps/5UlMm
Wildfowl Sunday & Wednesday 6-8pm https://goo.gl/maps/2YfuJ
Minchellas evenings till 8pm this time of year https://goo.gl/maps/WFPp6
new one .. The Pemberton Arms alternate Tuesdays startin with 14th may https://goo.gl/maps/R4zZ6
____________________
Whatever I post I have no citation and no intention of providing one..
caveat emptor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shinigami
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:29 - 17 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copycat73 wrote:
Shinigami wrote:

I know, ****************
would prob help if I actually got out more Laughing


have you been to the usual suspects ie.
Zetlands Wednesday evenings pub hours till dark (tyne tunnel is free 4 bikes) https://goo.gl/maps/5UlMm
Wildfowl Sunday & Wednesday 6-8pm https://goo.gl/maps/2YfuJ
Minchellas evenings till 8pm this time of year https://goo.gl/maps/WFPp6
new one .. The Pemberton Arms alternate Tuesdays startin with 14th may https://goo.gl/maps/R4zZ6


Shifty um nope i actually haven't lol, good info Thumbs Up

I have only been on a big bike since late Jan though and the weathers been crap so i'll use that as an excuse lol
____________________
Current: Honda City Fly CLR125 2003 Honda CB600F Hornet 2008 Yamaha FZ6 S2 + 1991 Kawasaki GPZ500
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:54 - 21 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squires can be found on the B1222 at Newthorpe near Sherburn in Elmet in West Yorkshire.
just off Junction 42 on the A1(M) postcode for your Sat Navs is LS25 5LX

https://goo.gl/maps/E22lN

https://www.squires-cafe.co.uk/
____________________
Whatever I post I have no citation and no intention of providing one..
caveat emptor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sidewinder
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:27 - 21 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go and find a group of bikers and ask if they would mind you coming along with them.... Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shinigami
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:16 - 23 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copycat73 wrote:
Squires can be found on the B1222 at Newthorpe near Sherburn in Elmet in West Yorkshire.
just off Junction 42 on the A1(M) postcode for your Sat Navs is LS25 5LX

https://goo.gl/maps/E22lN

https://www.squires-cafe.co.uk/


Cheers for the info, couldn't get up to the wetlands yesterday due to home stuffs, up for it next week though
____________________
Current: Honda City Fly CLR125 2003 Honda CB600F Hornet 2008 Yamaha FZ6 S2 + 1991 Kawasaki GPZ500
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Golgarth
Nova Slayer



Joined: 09 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:03 - 23 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Shinigami"]
Copycat73 wrote:


but not up here, would prob help if I actually got out more lol


You have the Wetlands meets (Wednesdays and Sundays from 6pm at Washington Wildfowl Park) and the NMR (search on Facebook) on your doorstep. Plus, being up here means you have some of the worlds best roads less than 20 mins away Smile

+ being up here you have friendly people, not like those weirdos down south Laughing Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shinigami
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:44 - 23 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye golgarth, i don't live far from the wetlands just never actually been down Thumbs Up will prob check it out next wednesday
____________________
Current: Honda City Fly CLR125 2003 Honda CB600F Hornet 2008 Yamaha FZ6 S2 + 1991 Kawasaki GPZ500
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:02 - 23 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinigami wrote:

Cheers for the info, couldn't get up to the wetlands yesterday due to home stuffs, up for it next week though


yeah no probs.. was a bit overcast but we went to minchellas anyway and it rained a little on way home.... would have gone to earl of zetland otherwise.
____________________
Whatever I post I have no citation and no intention of providing one..
caveat emptor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Az
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:09 - 24 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ride with family or friends.

I meet bikers, talk to them and if we get a long i'll grab there number and give them a shout when i'm going out for a ride with my current riding group.

I've also got a lot of biker friends who i used to go to school with, in fact i know 5 people i went to secondary school with, who now ride and i've ridden with most of them.

If you go to stratford upon avon on a sunny day and speak to bikers in the motorbike parking bay you'll find loadssss of people who you'll get a long with and be able to ride with. I met a group of bikers at stratford upon avon (5 of them) and every time i go to stratford upon avon now i meet them there and we go for a ride together.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jane
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:53 - 09 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try being an old female biker no bogga wants to speak, sure they nod when I'm on the bike but take the helmet off and no bogga speaks.
I get so disillusioned riding on my own and its not because I ride like an old fart my Blade wouldn't let me.
I'm a biker who loves my bikes I'm not on the look out for a bloke cus I've got a good one, talk to me I understand what a piston or a sprocket is!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 117 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 1.51 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 133.65 Kb