Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


first proper ride

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

open
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 04 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:57 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: first proper ride Reply with quote

i know i have been biking for a while, but was on a 125 for ages, and only got through my tests last nov - meaning that since I have had my big bike I hsve been living though the glorious winter.

So today was first time I actually spent a decent amount of time on NSL roads.
Ok I only went from London to oxford Embarassed but I enjoyed it. now this weather seems to be getting better hopefully should be enjoying the bike alot more.


Also, cats eyes on dual carriage ways seem to make me nervous, and i avoid going over them when changing lanes, I imagine that hitting one at speed,at an angle will result in me skidding down the road on my arse...how delusional am I?
____________________
"Calamity - A more than commonly plain & unmistakable reminder that the affairs of this life are not of our own ordering."

[s]Baotian BT49qt-9 --> Honda CG125 (4 speed) '51 plate ----- 03/11/2012 Mod 2 PASSED! --> Cb500s[/s] Revoked Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:04 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Re: first proper ride Reply with quote

open wrote:
Also, cats eyes on dual carriage ways seem to make me nervous, and i avoid going over them when changing lanes, I imagine that hitting one at speed,at an angle will result in me skidding down the road on my arse...how delusional am I?


Hit one at 100+ (km, honest) changing lane, tiny bump, no drama Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sako
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:08 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

No issue with catseyes, although if you are really ripping along and overtake on them you can sometimes 'tramline' and get stuck on the fuckers for a bit.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:28 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats eyes aren't a real issue, especially not just changing lanes on a dual carriageway, I've hit them at high speed many times. Tyre only loses contact with the tarmac for a split second and roads with cats eyes tend not to be very bendy so you wouldn't be cranked over anyway.

I still dodge them when changing lanes, but not because I NEED to.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Marmaduke
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:35 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nahhh! If you go fast enough you don't even notice them!
____________________
Current: '03 Tuono RSV1000, '05 Van Van, '91 Zephyr 550
Previous: Multistrada 620,Bandit 600,Kawsaki ER-5, BMW K-75
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

andym
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:57 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had a problem with cats eyes... I don't actively try to avoid them as if I try that I'll run over a few
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:01 - 03 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

they're not comfortable when filtering on the motorway in rush hour, but other than that, nothing to worry about.

Try and avoid them in the wet if you can, but again, no biggie

the little silver "this is where you walk" markers in the road for a pedestrian crossing that are just after I've turned in to work, but before I've stopped leaning cause me to slide a tiny bit in the wet before the tyre finds grip again.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 124 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.52 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 56.67 Kb