 phatstorage Trackday Trickster

Joined: 16 Jul 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:41 - 21 Jun 2013 Post subject: Givi Tanklock and cbr600rr 13ym |
 |
|
Little bit of a note to any 600RR owners looking at givi tanklock stuff.
Having a plastic tank cowl on the RR and seeing givi make quite a simple unobtrusive attachment system, I decided to check out this tanklock thing.
All fits well but when attaching luggage to it, it didn't lock, some pushing and sliding, still nothing.
Then I looked at what was happening, the filler cap is sunken down and the higher edges of the tank were preventing the bag's plastic ring from locking on.
I could raise the adapter with longer bolts, washers and all that, but then it would leave a gap around the filler cap.
The upshot is, money back on bag and adapter and a scuff either side of the filler cap
Never t-cut a bike's plastics paint before, I assume this is ok to do right? |
|