Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Paddock lifts for zx6r...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ws4936
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:24 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Paddock lifts for zx6r... Reply with quote

...do they exist? I'm trying to find a paddock lift for the 636, but it's proving difficult. Anyone used a paddock lift for a 636?
Suggestions would be useful, cheers
____________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:26 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably being thick...

Do you mean paddock stands, or is the paddock lift something electrical. If stands i can help
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ws4936
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:32 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a paddock......lift. You bolt an attachment onto your bike, then when your ready to jack up, you slide the paddock lift to the bike, insert the pins of the paddock lift, into the mounting plate you attached to the bike, and lift the whole bike up with one movement.

Like this
____________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:36 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong thing i was thinking of sorry mate Thumbs Down Cant help you there
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ws4936
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:05 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers anyway.... I think I may have just found one. If I get it, I'd have paid more for my stand than I did on my misses bike!



In serious debating mode now.
____________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:07 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was going to say i do recall looking at something like what you linked, and dismissed it instantly when going from the excellent videos to the not-so-excellent shopping basket Laughing

Bloody brilliant idea and great if you have a tight garage you want to park a car in also but... Pricey Mad

Any reason you cant/don't want just use paddock stands maybe:? Question
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:08 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

ws4936 wrote:
Cheers anyway.... I think I may have just found one. If I get it, I'd have paid more for my stand than I did on my misses bike!

In serious debating mode now.




If you haven't already bought it, don't.

Buy an Abba stand and a zx6r fitting kit, preferably both will be second hand.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:10 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen that before Donny, barely double the price of my paddocks wish i'd gone for that to be honest.

Save me an earful from the mrs everytime i get her to support the bike.. Rolling Eyes Uh-Hm
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:11 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

eitematt wrote:
Never seen that before Donny, barely double the price of my paddocks wish i'd gone for that tbh.

Save me an earful from the mrs everytime i get her to support the bike.. Rolling Eyes Uh-Hm


They are very good.

Very stable, and you can get both wheels off the ground using a normal paddock stand, a jack under the downpipes, ratchet strap over the back wheel or some things that Abba sell.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:15 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah so its a sort of combination-lift for both wheels, [would still be very useful to do solo already owning a paddock stand set].

It'd be tempting to try attach it to a wheel contraption - saw one when i was browsing last year that was similar but had a wheel base which would of been absolutely brilliant for rotating the bike into the back of the garage and getting the car inside after it [best anti thief device in my mind Laughing ] But that one cost a bloody fortune Mad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:15 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff I'd read before suggested that the only time that type of stand in the youtube video is stable is in youtube videos made by the manufacturer/distributers.

The 'Eazy Rizer' is another similar one which I believe may be a bit more stable.

Kinda fancied one myself, but never justified it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ws4936
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:15 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that I could use that for both my bikes for maintenance, but really after something with wheels to manoeuvre in. I have 3 bikes in garage, but it's ohhhhh sooooo tight in there.

Just thinking of excuses to wifey for buying a stand that costs the same as a small country.....hmmmmm.
____________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:18 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, if shes anything like my mrs not being called out to the garage every weekend and being told to 'keep it straight' / 'mind the foot peg' will be more than enough reason Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ws4936
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:23 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

eitematt wrote:


Any reason you cant/don't want just use paddock stands maybe:? Question



Kool factor, and I really want to take the weight off the forks as it'll be laid off in shit weather. I did look at headstock paddocks, but admit it, the paddock lift looks awesome! Cool
____________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:26 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering about that in general also - i do ride in winter but only if its dry/rained recently prior to that to wash the salt away.

How much damage does the bike sitting on the forks over a few months actually do Confused One of those questions that gets a ridiculous spectrum of advice Laughing

Past two years its been sat 3 months this year and almost 5-6 the last [battery died and didn't get round to replacing it for various reasons as weather was already bad Laughing ]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ws4936
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:33 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is, I ride all year round on a commuter. I bought the 636 for a toy. Enjoying the weather at the moment, but to be fair, our summers of recent have been bad enough to put bike shops out of business. If its wet, I'll just take the 500...bulletproof workhorse rain sleet or snow. With the crap they put on the roads at winter time, even on a dry day I won't take it out...corrosive stuff that. It'll eat through exhausts in 3 years if your a lazy bastard that can't be arsed to wash a bike now and again Whistle Whistle
____________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:43 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats like me really - if its wet or salted the car bites the bullet.

I would say - this is only from one year biking through winter [dry days only], but i didn't notice a speck of corrosion and i biked almost every dry day there wasn't visible salt chunks/wet roads [still a shit load of dust going on everything] and after over 6 months without a wash i gave it a good fairing-off wash at the start of spring and it still looks fine now, so i think its mainly a case of keeping it dry, salt on or off didn't seem to bother my bike.

That being said, mine is garaged the moment, so people keeping it outside i'm sure might find its a whole different story Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ws4936
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:49 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I would tend to agree. I used to keep mine out until we bought a garage bout a year ago. Still....nasty stuff.

I think I will sleep on the decision to buy the stand, however, I also think I'm just inevitably delaying the purchase by about 8 hours...haha
____________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:51 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

God forbid the price rises at midnight Twisted Evil ..
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ws4936
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:53 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I make that £551.
I'm sure I will get it, and when I do, I'll pic whore the fuck out of it!
____________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:55 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think of all the tinsel you can hang on it and xmas, bikepics.com headliner for sure Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ws4936
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:56 - 21 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just sold it to me.
____________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:17 - 22 Jun 2013    Post subject: Re: Paddock lifts for zx6r... Reply with quote

ws4936 wrote:
...do they exist? I'm trying to find a paddock lift for the 636, but it's proving difficult. Anyone used a paddock lift for a 636?
Suggestions would be useful, cheers


Abba Stand.
____________________
W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 106 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.7 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 116.53 Kb