 reed Nearly there...

Joined: 28 Oct 2012 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 02:29 - 26 Aug 2013 Post subject: Honda Hornet stuttering at top speed? |
 |
|
Hey people.
The last two times I have properly maxed my bike out (on private land ) it gets to an indicated speed of around 145 and then starts to stutter and lose speed as if it is running out of petrol, then it picks up again and is fine, it is also fine if I take any other gear to the red line. It just seems to happen at top speed.
I don't really max it out very often at all, I just like to know my bike is running properly.
It's a 1999 Honda Hornet, has good oil, spark plugs changed about 6-7,000 miles ago I think (might try cleaning them) air filter seems fine as well.
Thanks for any ideas.  ____________________ Generic XOR 50, Gilera SMT 50, GSXR 400 GK73A, Ducati Monster 600, Honda Hornet 600.
Sold. Stolen. Written off. Sold. Current. |
|
 uberkron Crazy Courier
Joined: 12 Nov 2012 Karma :  
|
|
 cb1rocket World Chat Champion
Joined: 30 Jan 2010 Karma :    
|
|